Mansfield Town v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Shade wrote:Seriously, I hope the club kick up a stink, make a formal complaint to the FA and the game is investigated. At the very least the ref needs to be dropkicked into non-league.
We won't....we are too nice.
MSB
Rulistening wrote:Sounds like we lost our heads and we paid the price. Two silly red cards and we give the game away. Disappointed isn't the word for it
Have you seen the reds?
Pretty harsh for both of them in my opinion. Both 'won' by the opposition player/management team.
Benctfc
I've seen a video of the Wright one and he can't complain he put his elbow or arm in the opponents face needlessly and gave the ref a chance to send him off brainless play.
Alf
I watched the game live on EFL and I thought the ref was conned on both occasions. Some of the s#!t they were dishing out was worse and largely unpunished. I didn’t get the impression that our players lost their heads with the sending off incidents. Oldest trick in the book to run into a player and chuck yourself on the floor holding you face and squealing like a stuck pig.Do the refs not check for facial injuries. Ok, yes I’m angry. Red mist time. I may be proved wrong.It has been known. :(
Last edited by Alf on 20 Jan 2018, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Malabus
Alf wrote:I watched the game live on EFL and I thought the ref was conned on both occasions. Some of the s#!t they were dishing out was worse and largely unpunished. I didn’t get the impression that our players lost their heads with the sending off incidents. Oldest trick in the book to run into a player and chuck yourself on the floor holding you face and squealing like a stuck pig.Do the refs not check for facial injuries. Ok, yes I’m angry. Red mist time.
Let hope we appeal on all three.
MSB
Alf wrote: I didn’t get the impression that our players lost their heads with the sending off incidents.
Agree with this 100% It would've been so easy for that to turn into more of a farce than it was. We were just unlucky there that the ball fell to one of their players just at the right time.
Alf
Is it just us that has problems with Mansfield or do other clubs experience the same inexcusable tactics?
Anyone out there know?
RichardMoss
Does anyone have a link to clips of the red cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Benctfc
Ben2 wrote:We have problems when Cranston, pell, storer and wright don’t play.

Queue the cry-ing masses who have a big boo-hoo

Look at the stats
Yeah because they were such a success last season....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Alf wrote:Is it just us that has problems with Mansfield or do other clubs experience the same inexcusable tactics?
Anyone out there know?
All teams; how do you think they have got to top seven. Certainly not through proper good football.
Tewkesbury Robin
I found this post on the Mansfield fans forum in relation to today`s game. It seems that this vile club and their manager and assistant manager deserve each other!

"Some fans really are thick as raspberry. I didn't agree with bringing Diamond on at the time but as they say you have to leave it to the management and they got it spot on, against the biggest bunch of cheats I have witnessed in over 40 years of watching the Stags. Well done Steve Evans".

It seems that some of their supporters endorse his loathsome behaviour.
Si Robin
Ben2 wrote:Ok I give up. What we should do is sack the successful ones whilst we boo-hoo about what we could have.

Cranston, baker, pell, Wright, Yates, Johnson- this site will only be happy when we go bust

Back the good ones and don’t keep crying about the bad ones

Simple
I make it that Manny has played 25 league games with us - 8 wins, 4 draws and 13 defeats - win % of 32%

Pell has played 67 Football League games with us - 16 wins, 16 draws and 35 defeats - win % of 23.88%

Cranston has played 54 Football League games with us - 14 wins, 14 draws and 26 defeats - win % of 25.93%

I'd do Danny Wright, but his will be similar to Pell and Cranko really.

Looks like the facts don't support your cries.
Benctfc
Ben2 is obviously just looking to wind people up don't know why I bothered responding to him. I wonder if he will will admit he's wrong now provided with the facts doubt it.

More importantly does anyone have an update on Eisa? Him being out long term would be a massive blow.
Stagparty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DT_wWfZW0AAojht?format=jpg

That is the push and hack which Mansfield used to get Mo injured.

Such a vile vile side. An insult to all who like and respect football. Makes my blood boil knowing Evans and his side get away with this scumthuggery every week. f#!$ cheating animal cunts.

I don't think your colourful account is exactly right, but lets not let facts get in the way of the truth eh?
Whilst Evans is no saint to say the least, the clear elbow on Rose was unforgivable and then when Johnson starts berating Rose who was pole axed Evans gets in to the area as you say which isn't right. Johnson is then pushing and shoving Raynor and goes into their technical area.
All very unseemly and then the No 7 threatens Rose with whatever. Second half another elbow clearly, linesman 2 yards away. ...and off your second man goes. The Mansfield player White is sent off for a senseless 2 footed tackle so there you go.
How you can accuse another team of anything after the blatant time wasting antics of your team beggars belief. I have not witnessed anything like that in all my life. When one went down with 'cramp', and stole a few seconds one of his colleagues laughed with hand fist pumped as they ran back up the field.
I wouldn't blame us if we did it in the same situation though, but do the harp on about this and that.
We won a real hard fought game , you lost today, deal with it, if you get so angry about things like this I suggest you go and rub one out....it can be quite calming I'm told.
vickeryc
Benctfc wrote:Ben2 is obviously just looking to wind people up don't know why I bothered responding to him. I wonder if he will will admit he's wrong now provided with the facts doubt it.

More importantly does anyone have an update on Eisa? Him being out long term would be a massive blow.
Yes (he's an arse but won't admit it) and yes, a long term injury to Eisa woul be a huge blow.
horlickfanclub
First class interview with Gary Johnson online. He was straight talking in a controlled way .How he has not exploded i do not know. I was not at the game but having seen Evans at his sidekick over many years I would take Gary Johnson and the commentary team on Radio Glos as 100% credible. Mansfield are a disgrace and if something is not done by the F.A. footballs decline in to less than "A Beautiful Game" is pretty sad.
Hopefully next Saturday we will return to a proper sporting game.
Robin
The radio was very damning of the Mansfield cheating, it sounded like they conned the referee constantly today and ultimately we were unfortunate not to take three points.
CTFC03
We would have taken the 3 points today if we were able to defend, we can't defend at all, it's embarrassing, we need 2 quality unfashionable no nonsense CB's to come in till the end of season, we are EIGHT points off the drop now and we don't look like winning a game due to our defending.

Barnet next week, they were horrific against us last time and genuinely one of the worst teams I have ever seen yet they drew against Lincoln at home today which is a good result for them and with a new manager they will have the bounce with them - worried.
Stagparty
Malabus wrote:
Alf wrote:I watched the game live on EFL and I thought the ref was conned on both occasions. Some of the s#!t they were dishing out was worse and largely unpunished. I didn’t get the impression that our players lost their heads with the sending off incidents. Oldest trick in the book to run into a player and chuck yourself on the floor holding you face and squealing like a stuck pig.Do the refs not check for facial injuries. Ok, yes I’m angry. Red mist time.

I know you support your club as I do mine, but seriously you need to take the rose tinted glasses off. The Ref wasn't conned at all, he got every decision right, including our sending off which was reckless. Everyone wants to have a go at Evans and at times he is his own worst enemy and completely ungracious, and is involved in a civil war with a section of our support, but completely absolving the thuggish antics of a side desperate to get away from the drop zone again does you no credit. It was a tough encounter and we won.
The second sending off the referee missed, his linesman was two yards away and flagged immediately.
I thought you battled hard, and despite the incredible time wasting by your team, I've never seen anything like that behaviour, part of me felt a bit for you as you gave everything.
Some of your players though need to take salt tablets or get a bit fitter as cramp was like an epidemic. :lol:

140 travelling fans though when you are trying to cement your place in the league?
little mo
Just back, will post my thoughts tomorrow when I have calmed down a bit. Will tell you about a referee who should never handle another FL game again, don't ever comment on them but feel I must. Also the disgusting fat twat. Oh, message to the troll, Manny played well in my opinion and was in no way responsible for our loss, not that you will take any notice of that.
Stagparty
little mo wrote:Just back, will post my thoughts tomorrow when I have calmed down a bit. Will tell you about a referee who should never handle another FL game again, don't ever comment on them but feel I must. Also the disgusting fat twat. Oh, message to the troll, Manny played well in my opinion and was in no way responsible for our loss, not that you will take any notice of that.

As soon as you made the 'fat twat' remark you lost all credibility.

The ref got most things right, thankfully. Hard to accept but there you go.
COYB
Stagparty wrote:
Malabus wrote:

I know you support your club as I do mine, but seriously you need to take the rose tinted glasses off. The Ref wasn't conned at all, he got every decision right, including our sending off which was reckless. Everyone wants to have a go at Evans and at times he is his own worst enemy and completely ungracious, and is involved in a civil war with a section of our support, but completely absolving the thuggish antics of a side desperate to get away from the drop zone again does you no credit. It was a tough encounter and we won.
The second sending off the referee missed, his linesman was two yards away and flagged immediately.
I thought you battled hard, and despite the incredible time wasting by your team, I've never seen anything like that behaviour, part of me felt a bit for you as you gave everything.
Some of your players though need to take salt tablets or get a bit fitter as cramp was like an epidemic. :lol:

140 travelling fans though when you are trying to cement your place in the league?

When it comes to the number of fans, it's quality not quantity so not something you may appreciate. It was a bad day today but only one day, we'll move on as I suggest you do to your own forum. Cheers.
little mo
Stagparty wrote:
little mo wrote:Just back, will post my thoughts tomorrow when I have calmed down a bit. Will tell you about a referee who should never handle another FL game again, don't ever comment on them but feel I must. Also the disgusting fat twat. Oh, message to the troll, Manny played well in my opinion and was in no way responsible for our loss, not that you will take any notice of that.

Why, he is fat, and he certainly is a twat, so how can I lose credibility for telling the truth. Like someone else said, you have made your point now run along to your own forum.
Robin
Stagparty wrote:
Malabus wrote:

A Mansfield fan taking the p1ss out of our crowds that's pot calling kettle black, your crowds have been similar to ours for past twenty years. As for 140 we've been terrible on the road for a few years now.
Stagparty
Build it and they will come....night night ;)
ctfc-fan
Steve Evans should not even be in football anymore after his fraud at Boston.
Alf
Stagparty wrote:
Malabus wrote:

You’re talking out of your arse son. If you’re so sure about the brutality of the two ‘elbow’ sendings off of our players, please supply evidence of the horrendous injuries caused to your writhing, screaming players. The ref was conned. Evans’s teams have been dealing in this sort of stuff for years. I don’t know why the authorities swallow it up but they do. I think you are trying to even things up with accusations of time wasting and by the way, your player’s red card was for trying to amputate limbs from a member of the opposition.
everyman
Shade wrote:Seriously, I hope the club kick up a stink, make a formal complaint to the FA and the game is investigated. At the very least the ref needs to be dropkicked into non-league.
So we can meet him again ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Stagparty wrote:

I suspect the assessor report will say differently.

I can say with hand on heart that if CTFC performed like MTFC do on and off the pitch I would hand my season ticket back and find another team to support. A real shame you are condoning it and an apologist for such shameful tactics.
Stagparty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Stagparty wrote:

I can say with hand on heart that if CTFC performed like MTFC do on and off the pitch I would hand my season ticket back and find another team to support. A real shame you are condoning it and an apologist for such shameful tactics.
No hand on heart you wouldn't hand it in, stop flouncing around like a mardy schoolboy. Look on Channel 5 again you will see the sending offs were correct.
The only bad challenge in the game was our man and rightly he got a red. Your boys two elbows on ours were the other. In all 3 the ref got it right.
You lost , you tried to weasel out with some shameful tactics, which if we'd done in the same position and got a point I'd have applauded.
Anyway cheerio chaps, I'd have discussed the game a little more but you are obviously bitter . Good night's sleep folks it's not the end of the world.
Horteng
Tewkesbury Robin wrote:Evans and his loathsome sidekick invade the Cheltenham technical area even though they have no business being there. GJ shoves Rayner away and gets send to the stand. No action taken as usual against Evans and Rayner - what is the 4th official there for as this is supposed to prevent this scenario.

Presumably nothing must interfere with Evans` referring of the match.

I can still recall Evans and Rayner`s hysterical over reaction resulting in Storer`s sending off at Whaddon Road two seasons ago for nothing more than a strong challenge near the touch line by the manager`s dug outs.
Pair of bullies
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Stagparty wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
No hand on heart you wouldn't hand it in, stop flouncing around like a mardy schoolboy. Look on Channel 5 again you will see the sending offs were correct.
The only bad challenge in the game was our man and rightly he got a red. Your boys two elbows on ours were the other. In all 3 the ref got it right.
You lost , you tried to weasel out with some shameful tactics, which if we'd done in the same position and got a point I'd have applauded.
Anyway cheerio chaps, I'd have discussed the game a little more but you are obviously bitter . Good night's sleep folks it's not the end of the world.
Of course I would. I am a football fan first and foremost and Evans is a disgrace to football. Nothing personal about your non-descript club but I would abandon CTFC if we hired Evans, his number 2 or creatures of their ilk.
itsallbollox

The ref got most things right, thankfully. Hard to accept but there you go.[/quote]

I can say with hand on heart that if CTFC performed like MTFC do on and off the pitch I would hand my season ticket back and find another team to support. A real shame you are condoning it and an apologist for such shameful tactics.[/quote]

Anyway cheerio chaps, I'd have discussed the game a little more but you are obviously bitter . Good night's sleep folks it's not the end of the world.[/quote]

Another keyboard knob jockey WUM. Probably wasn't even at the game, oh hang on could it be the fat twat himself :D
Another_FoD_Robin
Ha! I wasn't even at the game nor watched any highlights but read reports from various sources. Yet I can tell by Stagpartys comments that he is a fricking idiot.....not understanding why Illas went down with cramp & practically calling Evans a Saint.

If the ref got every decision right as he states why isn't he fast tracked into the Premier League? Also, correct me if I am wrong but you are not allowed leave your technical area.... let alone to enter an oppositions technical area.

The point of our shameful tactics..... is this his first ever game? As I have seen far worse sides in this division this season and previous seasons. Clueless comes to mind.

Finally, away following, surely if his 'side' were any good they wouldn't be in League Two.... Also they would have more following them every week.... jumping around stating they were the better side..... clown.
Si Robin
What I'm finding odd here is that by reading versions of events from all sides, including Mansfield fans who I know to be like me and take a pragmatic view of things, is how different both sets of fans have seen this.

Having seen the Wright red a few times, he clearly gives the ref a decision to make. The fact that (according to Mark Halliwell on Twitter) both the ref and assistant miss it and it's only brought to their attention by Raynor and Evans is irrelevant in my eyes. His arm catches the Mansfield player in the face twice. Whether it's deliberate or not is, again, completely irrelevant. Let's not forget, Wright has form in this area, both with the "stamp" on the Grimsby keeper, then the sending off against FGR in the Checkatrade earlier this season. Let's not paint him out to be some sort of angel.

Taylor Moore's is much harder to call though, but it strikes me as very similar to Stoz's red card against them at Whaddon Road last season. There probably was a bit of contact from the arm, however their player has made a meal of it and got our player sent off. It's disgusting, but I guarantee that if we appeal it won't be overturned.

Evans and Raynor (the worst of the two in my eyes) are reprehensible characters, but we all know that, and GJ is experienced enough to know it as well. He admits himself he shouldn't have pushed him and we all know full well they get away with murder on the touchline. Best to just move on now.