Red card appeals confirmed

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/Appealsx2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Swolley
For reals?! :lol: if you lot are appealing those two MMA moves, maybe we should also appeal White's red!
longmover
Have we ever overturned a red card?
art vandalay
There was that game against Brighton when the ref showed a second yellow to the wrong player for committing a foul - Devaney? - thereby sending him off. Even the FA couldn't back out of admitting an error had been made.
MSB
Swolley wrote:For reals?! :lol: if you lot are appealing those two MMA moves, maybe we should also appeal White's red!
Personally I thought the first one looked very harsh and the second one pretty harsh and both of them given more because of the over-dramatisation of your players/management than the actual intent. That said, I don't expect the FA to overturn either of them.

Maybe you should watch some MMA? Here's a link for you https://youtu.be/CWzTyajhQWE?t=35 I'm sure you'll be able to see the difference...
CTFC03
Danny Wright elbowed the guy, we have no case for that one, you can't deliberately elbow a player and expect to get away with it. 1st one might get overturned, take it GJ will get a touchline ban.
vickeryc
Waste of time I reckon.
Alf
I don’t think the club would attempt to get these red cards rescinded without a bit of investigation. The FA don’t like overturning refereeing decisions and to object to two sendings off is a big ask. The club would no doubt speak to the players involved and view the incidents over and over again before submitting the request.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
This will prove whether the FA are honest and fit to govern. If the reds are not rescinded we may as well give up and let the corrupt and the bullies (like Evans) takeover and ruin the sport for everyone.
Shade
We had an appeal overturned in the last couple of seasons. Can't remember who. And I very much disagree that Wright elbowed the guy that was pulling down on his shoulder.
Alf
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:This will prove whether the FA are honest and fit to govern. If the reds are not rescinded we may as well give up and let the corrupt and the bullies (like Evans) takeover and ruin the sport for everyone.
Totally agree.