Cheltenham Town v Barnet

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Cranston makes this team work, results will improve with him back.
theidlerich
Totally bizarre team selection – those around me and myself most certainly thought so and questioned whether GJ has lost the plot; too many late nights punditrying? To see Pell upfront with a diminutive central defence was unbelievable. Apart from Eisa two decent attempts from free-kicks and one other shot [Dawson?] a totally forgettable half – the worst for a couple of seasons, and that’s saying something after the dire rubbish we’ve been fed on occasions. Manny was a liability; not a good move to bring him back. Uncertain, hesitant and half-hearted clearances, no thought and no control. The team in Blue looked an average low lg2 mid-table side and the ones in red and white looked mid table conference at best! Another soft goal conceded; no-one taking responsibility and guilty of ball watching or inertia. Second half better, but still no decent pass or creativity. Well taken goal from Eisa who I thought is improving with every game, just needs a partner who is on his wavelength and can pass. Winchester our consistent stand out player, but not methinks a Captain. Atanga made a difference; why he didn’t start is beyond me. Adebayo will come good too, has the stature and build to bully and no slouch either. Also like the look of Isiades, who I thought played well as ultra-new to the side. Poor, as in very, result; with better management and team selection one we should have won comfortably. That was totally down to GJ.

On a different tack thought the ref was better second half!! :)