Starting eleven today

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
everyman wrote:
Robin wrote:
drgm wrote:You're twisting my words RCS. I did not imply he was deliberately holding the club back. I just wonder
whether he's losing his desire a bit. To still be 'learning lessons' with his squad at this stage of the season
is a little worrying.
I do not see any loss of desire, I suspect he may be frustrated as we are to be honest. I sense with GJ he wants one more promotion before retirement with CTFC however it's not a quick fix with a middle of the road budget and the two transfer windows.

In saying that I am not excusing GJ as he's been partially at fault but I do trust he's the best man for the job and next season will bring another improvement.
I believe he is looking forward to his retirement and will go when his contract is ended,one way or another it may cost the club in the long run.
Based upon what? I'd imagine GJ is financially secure and wants one last promotion, he's ambitious and has another year left on his contract so how will this cost the club? I certainly hope he signs and extension to his current contract so long as there is an improvement next season (top half finish minimum).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Agree with Robin.
Benctfc
The club is stagnating a bit and that comes down to a number of factors. Yes GJ has been tactically poor this season in my view and recruitment on the whole no better than average. The board have not really backed him either the players brought in were not high calibre and shouldnt be on high wages.

There does seem to be an apathy returning to the club similar to the end of the Yates era where fans are getting bored and beginning to look elsewhere for entertainment on a Saturday. Im not saying its that bad yet but it's getting there. I know lots who are and arent enjoying it atm and these are loyal fans who have supported us for years. In fact I missed my first home game out of choice for a while on Saturday as the races was a much better value for money option.The style of football and poor match day experience contributing mainly to that.
Benctfc
Now I see we are linked with another youngster on loan meaning we have more than the 5 allowed in a match day squad more short term fixes and another player who will have no connection to the fans who after a few months we wont see again and all too familair scenario under GJ since we got back in the football league.
horlickfanclub
I agree with Benctfc. It is like watching Groundhog day. Once your regular fans start to drift away it is difficult to capture the support back .We have some players worth watching but the muddled selections and tactics make it a frustrating exercise.
everyman
My post refers to his health and the cost could be our EFL. status.
everyman
Del Boy wrote:He merely said he is looking forward to his retirement (like many people his age) and won't want another contract.

Far, far worse has been aimed at previous managers.
Don`t take any notice of his comments,he can`t help spewing out his drivel,just to impress himself.