Cod head honchos speak!

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
An extraordinary statement

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2 ... statement/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Why is it? There is nothing surprising there. Board sticks by manager, by the way we're still looking for someone with money and knowledge to buy the club.

Bad news is they've not won in 10 games and Cheltenham usually end teams poor runs.
Good news is they signed Easah Suliman, so hopefully he'll be playing tomorrow...
horlickfanclub
A good clear and honest statement by Grimsby.
Horteng
What's wrong with that?

All will be rosy in their world this time tomorrow as they will probably be 3 point better off
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just struck me as unprecedented for a Board to be discussing “regime” change and pleading with fans in such a manner and taking the whole “no one likes us but we don’t care” stance.

I suppose it is also the fact that such a long outburst was needed in the first place is also what I found extraordinary. I can’t imagine a situation where CTFC would be in such a mess, and the Board and fans so disconnected that statements like this are needed. I would have given up and and walked away from supporting the club long before it reached the state Grimsby appear to be in.

This is the fish view: https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1517472371/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .... “With that statement the board has effectively signed the club's death warrant”.

This quote for me sums up the situation Fenty and the Board have created and which statements like this cannot solve:

“Another 50 years and more supporter who won't be back until the rotten fish head and his sycophants have been thrown back in the North Sea. Can't take any more of their c!#p. You lose trust you know and I don't trust any of them one little bit. Sad, sad days for GTFC.”

And another:
“Same here, two season ticket holders, 40 plus years..
Never boycotted (except Chuck up trophy).
I'd thought I'd seen it all, but that's it from me and my father.
Cannot begin to respond to the board's statement, it frankly doesn't deserve one.
But if they genuinely think this is a few, fickle fans they are so so deluded.
As for building, you don't start with a wrecking ball.”

Makes the ‘Paul Baker football man (sic)’ thread seem even more pertinent.
Horteng
Who cares?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Horteng wrote:Who cares?
I do, evidently! As a football fan I hate seeing clubs run into the ground and their history torn up by incompetent or unscrupulous owners.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Anti Fenty graffiti now popping up on some his housing development around the town: https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1517649091/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
We have a decent record there. Hope we can give them another defeat.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And just a couple of weeks after the statement saying there will be no managerial changes, Slade has gone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43025300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cod are getting worried.
Shade
Still nonnew manager at Grimsby but Fenty has said he would chat to Sol Campbell about it. Why do I feel like they deserve each other? Some of the guff that Sol Campbell comes out with I think he'd fit in perfectly there.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Another loss today. Cods just six points off relegation.
Ralph
I can see them dropping out. Still no mgr