Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report hrs CTFC

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robbie Earles Perm
Hi,

You may know I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if up to three of you have a few minutes and would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;
1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season) and where do you think you will finish the season?
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
4. What are your thoughts on your manager?
5. Can you tell us up to 3 quirky things opposing fans might not know about your team?
6. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players?
7. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game?
8. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams and which Vale player past or present would you take for your team?
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides) and what do you expect the attendance to be?
10. Finally can you pass on any decent recommendations for local ‘away friendly pubs’, eateries and the best places to park for our fans travelling to the game?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Doncaster fans from a game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2015/02/opp ... ncaster-h/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Wednesday and the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article and if you are prepared to share one a photo of yourself we can utilise with the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP
Malabus
1-1 draw banker.
Robin
Robbie Earles Perm wrote:Hi,

You may know I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if up to three of you have a few minutes and would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Doncaster fans from a game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2015/02/opp ... ncaster-h/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Wednesday and the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article and if you are prepared to share one a photo of yourself we can utilise with the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP
1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan? - Going for longer than I care to remember (since the eighties), seen quite a bit in my time, some up and several downs.
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season) and where do you think you will finish the season? Our form is poor right now. we are lacking confidence and seem ready to gift the opposition chances with individual mistakes. We do have some good players though and capable of giving anyone a game in this league when on top form (sadly not been the case last couple of months).
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)? Mo Eisa is our highly rated forward being tracked by several Championship clubs and Peterborough, he's expected to leave for a club record fee in the summer and whilst still a little raw has that extra quality about him.
4. What are your thoughts on your manager? Good manager, although a very small minority seem to be turning against him I back him to turn things around and get us challenging for promotion next season.
5. Can you tell us up to 3 quirky things opposing fans might not know about your team?
6. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players? I expect Tom Pope to score, he always seems to against us. Haven't seen you yet but Vale sides always seem to have a big man up top with a direct route to him and they often cause us problems.
7. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game? Didn't go but we were very disappointed not to win at the time.
8. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams and which Vale player past or present would you take for your team? Every Cheltenham fan will thank you for Tony Naylor, one of my all time favourite CTFC players!
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides) and what do you expect the attendance to be? I'll go for 2-0 home win, more heart over head which says a draw more likely. Attendences have been poor this season I'd guess around 2800 home fans plus what ever you bring.
10. Finally can you pass on any decent recommendations for local ‘away friendly pubs’, eateries and the best places to park for our fans travelling to the game?
There aren't many pubs near the ground anymore apart from the Sudeley arms, think you will be fine in there but it's quite small. Town centre is a 10-15 walk away and has plenty of pubs. Trouble is usually rare here and more focused on local derbies so you should be fine where ever you go.
horlickfanclub
Question 4) No evidence for "small minority"

The Kemble in Fairview is a good pub for pre match.
Robin
Well there is plenty of evidence there are 2-3 posters on here who continually whine and there was the letter in the Echo after Grimsby however nothing in the ground to suggest the majority are not backing GJ.
everyman
horlickfanclub wrote:Question 4) No evidence for "small minority"

The Kemble in Fairview is a good pub for pre match.
Don`t advertise the Kemble,it already gets too busy on match days,especially when a big club visit.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Question 4) No evidence for "small minority"
:lol:

Give over.