Some thoughts from Grimsby

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Here: http://bit.ly/5ThingsGrimsby" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
theidlerich
I'm afraid to say a rather neutral, weak report from JP; reeks of papering over the cracks. The "Fan's view" report is accurate, damming and is realistic. Enough said.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:I'm afraid to say a rather neutral, weak report from JP; reeks of papering over the cracks. The "Fan's view" report is accurate, damming and is realistic. Enough said.
Or the fans view is a more emotional and partisan report, reflecting the hysteria which usually manifests on the terraces, whilst JP provides a more objective, balanced and pragmatic view.
horlickfanclub
Weak , timid would be a better description . Are you going to have a go at Mark Halliwell as well as the fans Regency? You need to watch a few more games before you describe people as hysterical.
Oldun
Spot on RCS Don't know where JP finds these miserable souls who write the Agony page for him each week. Have read maybe 3 in last 5 and all have been so negative that I assumed one of the Nest moaners was the phantom writer.
And before someone accuses me of "having a go" at JP it is worth saying that if GJ can take flack every week from a few grumps on here who do not appreciate him, then JP is certainly not above criticism.
Robin
Mark Halliwell is extremely polarising and opinionated, not disputing his passion for the club but his views are divisive to say the least.
horlickfanclub
Extremely polarising? What does that mean?
Shade
I don't mind Halliwell having the odd rant every now and again, not that I always agree with him, but when he bangs on all game as if he's trying to force his opinion onto other people and make them agree with him...was doing my head in on Saturday. People have different ideas, get over it. And saying something once is enough! I was amazed, and very happy, that Furley read out a tweet from someone asking Halliwell to stop ranting and co-commentate instead!
Robin
I mean he's like marmite some people love his opinions and others really hate them, he tends to have quite strong opinions and being in the public eye with his journalism and radio commentary he attracts more attention.
Robin
Spot on Shade, I respect MH opinions but he does tend to force his point of view on others (clear he cares passionately) this was also the reason he stopped posting here because people had different opinions and he didn't like them disagreeing if i recall.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Extremely polarising? What does that mean?
As in when he his frothing with anger at a player, decision or performance so much you can hear his hissing spit on the radio there are some who think he his the voice of authority who think his anger must reflect a huge crisis, and others think he is over reacting, obsessed and getting worked up by an issue which in reality isn't really important to anyone but him.
horlickfanclub
"Some " and "Others" sounds made up to me.
Shade
horlickfanclub wrote:"Some " and "Others" sounds made up to me.
Consider me A.N. Other.