I am about to be sent to the Naughty Step

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
It will be a change from sitting on the fence I suppose !!

Currently I am undecided regarding GJ, 5 years ago when we were suffering from Mad Dog disease and idiots like Buckle I would have bitten your hand off if Johnson was available - he was top of most fans wish list.

I have listened to reason and currently agree that we are in a transition period and we are building a team for the future.

the problem is we are enduring the single most boring season this millennium, will the fan base hold firm?
Shade
I look at other clubs histories and see how long some have stagnated in the middle of one division and as long as there is reasonable hope for next season I don't think we can have all that much to complain about, tbh. Yes, we all want our team to win but so do the management and fans of every other club. Sometimes you, along with a dozen other teams, just have to accept you're one of the middle/lower table ones for a few seasons.

As far as boring goes, I don't think it's been a boring season, we've had some good matches even if the results haven't always been good. It's certainly not been as bad as some seasons in our recent past, because we do have some players this season that can be a joy to watch. We'd like that to be more consistent but that's what we're hopefully building toward.
horlickfanclub
I will be sitting alongside Nesty. It has been a flat and frustrating season. I don't expect to be up the top of the league but the whole approach since July has not been joyful.
Robin
Have you read the Q&A with PB? It's clear GJ has his full support and is going nowhere. This season reminds me of Yates first full season and also the first two under Ward. We all know there needs to be an improvement and so long as next season is better it will be quickly forgotten.

At the very least we will go into the summer with the nucleus of a decent team and only need to add a few quality players in key positions to challenge for the play offs.
horlickfanclub
Groundhog day.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
It is freakish bin football terms how many promotions and relegations we have had in 20 years. Many teams go nearly as long without threatening beither end of the table. If you can't stomach the odd midtable season in five, is football really for you?
Nesty
it is not just about the mid table finish - no cup runs, all the square pegs stuff, no exciting signings................injuries, endless loan signings .............
Oldun
Here we go! Another chance to slag off all and sundry! The naughty step is not where I would be putting you (and one or two of your side kicks!) Much further away than that.
The only slight difference this week is that you are getting your moans in before the game, just in case I suppose and God forbid, that we win and you have to be quiet for a few days.
Give it a rest please!
Nesty
certainly will give it a rest, a permanent one.its goodbye from me - mods please delete my login
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mo, exciting. Winchester, exciting. Adebayo, Sellars, Morrell, all exciting when in full stride.

With a couple of gaps filled this squad has the potential to be the most exciting for ages.

To think we got promoted in a season with Guinan up front and a slow midfield of Finners and McCann. Hardly exciting compared to the likes of Mo and Winchester.

Really do wonder what people expect some times!
horlickfanclub
I expect part time supporters to respect,if not agree with ,other supporters who come on here to express an opinion. Its a shame Nesty has gone.
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Mo, exciting. Winchester, exciting. Adebayo, Sellars, Morrell, all exciting when in full stride.

With a couple of gaps filled this squad has the potential to be the most exciting for ages.

To think we got promoted in a season with Guinan up front and a slow midfield of Finners and McCann. Hardly exciting compared to the likes of Mo and Winchester.

Really do wonder what people expect some times!
I agree

Nesty, answer is same as other times - No

Our most exciting signing got me thinking. Tony Naylor would be first. I actually rang the club and told them we needed him. Saw SC a day or 2 before and told him too. He told me he was doing his best.

2nd most exciting - Dale - Prolific with the Annies and Gloucester and we got him. Kiddy away on a Tues night down the opposite end, quality goal that he scored that night

3rd, Larry or Clive Walker. Excited by both. Larry for everything he did at Hereford and Clive because of his name
Robin
Tony Naylor was definitely one of mine, he was the marquee signing we needed to get promoted. I remember also Grant McCann and breaking our transfer record to get him so exciting after his loan spells.
Oldun
And what about full time supporters Horlick?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:it is not just about the mid table finish - no cup runs, all the square pegs stuff, no exciting signings................injuries, endless loan signings .............
:lol: