Accounts

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Artemis
The Old TomCat wrote:
Artemis wrote:The key point is that they are themselves their own sponsors. I'd suggest this figure is largely accountancy hokus pokus made possible by FGR's ownership structure, and with significant financial advantages to Ecotricity too, as well as sustainability PR guff for FGR.
Full details in GloucestershireLive article, which shows that massive financial profit increase is not from Ecotricity.
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... it-2166670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No it doesn't. Its says there has been a massive increase in turn-over and an increase in ordinary shares. It does not say who those shareholders are or which organisation have contributing through the focus on commercial side ; either or both could quite easily be Ecotricity.
As I say, many things are possible through accountancy hokus pokus and company ownership structures. For example, the parent company employing or remunerating players. Gates of 2,500 simply can't sustain an investment of £3.5 million on the first team and academy.
vickeryc
The Old TomCat wrote:
vickeryc wrote:Is there any reason why this thread can't be (retrospectively) closed prior to today and bounce the latest posts into Other Footy? Totally tedious cr*p in OTC's post, which is not CTFC Chat and I suspect of no interest to most Robins supporters.
Not me who opened this thread. :)
I'm kicking myself for unintentionally inviting yet another response from the County's biggest WUM, but you've deliberately missed my point.

Recent posts have been diverted from the original topic of Cheltenham's accounts (onto FGR) by the one you posted today at 08.10. It was quite clever, on one level, how you refocused the spotlight onto yourself, in the sense that attention-seeking seems to be your main aim in life (on this Forum anyway). In my view, Mods should've closed this thread ASAP after 08.10 and, ideally, shifted all the subsequent posts to Other Footy. There may be technical reasons why that's not possible, in which case, they should just close the thread now (on the grounds that people are only talking about FGR - yet again).
The Old TomCat
vickeryc wrote: I'm kicking myself for unintentionally inviting yet another response from the County's biggest WUM, but you've deliberately missed my point.

Recent posts have been diverted from the original topic of Cheltenham's accounts (onto FGR) by the one you posted today at 08.10. It was quite clever, on one level, how you refocused the spotlight onto yourself, in the sense that attention-seeking seems to be your main aim in life (on this Forum anyway). In my view, Mods should've closed this thread ASAP after 08.10 and, ideally, shifted all the subsequent posts to Other Footy. There may be technical reasons why that's not possible, in which case, they should just close the thread now (on the grounds that people are only talking about FGR - yet again).
Vickeryc

Your post does not stand up to scrutiny.
I agree and accept that the opening post and thread title is Cheltenham based but check out later posts and you’ll see it was diverted by Robin Nesters to FGR.
That is the reason why I’m justified posting on this thread.
You will also note that my post at 8.10am was just a statement of fact. It was Robin Nesters, such as yourself, who have created the furore on a FGR good new story.

And as regards your suggestion to close down thread I am happy to go along with.
I have already got my point across and replied to all in a polite manner.

Keep smiling. :)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
Artemis wrote:The key point is that they are themselves their own sponsors. I'd suggest this figure is largely accountancy hokus pokus made possible by FGR's ownership structure, and with significant financial advantages to Ecotricity too, as well as sustainability PR guff for FGR.
Full details in GloucestershireLive article, which shows that massive financial profit increase is not from Ecotricity.
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... it-2166670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Commercial operation” = sponsorship from Ecotricity.

Plus, FGR may benefit from global coverage etc. But are they paying for the marketing or is it Ecotricity? I could make £2m from global exposure if a big energy company paid for all the promotion and marketing.

James Young reporting on Twitter that Ecotricity bought £650k in shares during the accounting year in question.
Shade
Just saw the goal that FGR conceded at Exeter on Saturday. It's going viral on social media :lol:
I assume it's the same keeper that messed up royally to give us our penalty the week before. Cooper will be stringing him up by his nuts soon.
Johnsons Red Army
Shade wrote:Just saw the goal that FGR conceded at Exeter on Saturday. It's going viral on social media :lol:
I assume it's the same keeper that messed up royally to give us our penalty the week before. Cooper will be stringing him up by his nuts soon.
https://youtu.be/Hk14sRD5dWs?t=107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To save people time looking for it.
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:
Vickeryc

I agree and accept that the opening post and thread title is Cheltenham based but check out later posts and you’ll see it was diverted by Robin Nesters to FGR.
You will also note that my post at 8.10am was just a statement of fact. It was Robin Nesters, such as yourself, who have created the furore on a FGR good new story.

And as regards your suggestion to close down thread I am happy to go along with.

:roll: Bore off :roll:

He’s like the “ONLY MEEEEEEE” character from Harry Enfield.

Sprout Picker
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
Shade wrote:Just saw the goal that FGR conceded at Exeter on Saturday. It's going viral on social media :lol:
https://youtu.be/Hk14sRD5dWs?t=107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To save people time looking for it.
:lol:
plymrob
They still won...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Vickeryc

:roll: Bore off :roll:

He’s like the “ONLY MEEEEEEE” character from Harry Enfield.

He’s been corrected and informed that Ecotricity have bought £600k of ordinary shares, so I suspect he’ll be bored off whilst thinking of some nonsense revert.
Lord Elpuz
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
He’s been corrected and informed that Ecotricity have bought £600k of ordinary shares, so I suspect he’ll be bored off whilst thinking of some nonsense revert.
:lol: Excellent :lol: :lol: :lol:

Problem is, the ramifications of that transaction will be beyond him, and he will therefore dismiss it as another ‘fake news ant-FGR conspiracy’.

What amuses me is that he resurrected this long dead thread to spread the “good news about FGR” like some form of evangelical calling. It also means that he must make careful notes in a grubby little book, of threads where he hasn’t been able to get the last word, in the hope that he can grab another opportunity. It’s pathetic really. He needs to get out more.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Perfect time to lock the thread I think asl.
asl
It does seem pointless again, I agree.