Summer target

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Here: http://bit.ly/SummerTarget" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hussey at Gloucestershire Cricket was class.
Robin
I'd be happy with that, has a quality delivery into the box from what I recall. Didn't we try to sign him under Yates and he went to Wimbeldon instead?
CTFC03
This would be an excellent signing and would be first choice you would think if he signs, not sure what that would mean for Cranston though, much improved from last season definitely but before the injury had a bit more than a fair hand with the goals we were shipping in without being directly responsible himself, a potential interesting summer could be upon us.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC03 wrote:This would be an excellent signing and would be first choice you would think if he signs, not sure what that would mean for Cranston though, much improved from last season definitely but before the injury had a bit more than a fair hand with the goals we were shipping in without being directly responsible himself, a potential interesting summer could be upon us.
Squad game and we need two LBs, so Cranston will still be in the matchday squad.
Sanguine
Has the mole re-surfaced? Also, I thought that this sort of speculative story was best avoided as it is potentially damaging beause it might ramp up demand by alerting possible rival biders.
Robin
I must admit the position surprised me as I thought right back, an experienced centre back and at least one striker would be our main targets. I also wonder if the youngster we got on loan at the last minute that is apparently not costing us anything is here on an extended trial with a view to signing in the summer.
Si Robin
Sanguine wrote:Has the mole re-surfaced? Also, I thought that this sort of speculative story was best avoided as it is potentially damaging beause it might ramp up demand by alerting possible rival biders.
JP's job isn't the Cheltenham media officer. If he hears something newsworthy he has a duty to report it and get papers bought/hits on the Echo website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
leohoenig
The article is very speculative. All it says is the player is thought to be a target.
It does not give a club to who thinks it - someone at the club, someone at his club, the player himself, his agent
Or maybe just an idle thought by the writer.
I suspect that it is an agent who has put the story out, trying to create a market for a player who has not played much over the last two years.
horlickfanclub
The Woking connection is a good clue to our interest. An experienced left back and Ilias back would be good next season. We can't afford dodgy hamstrings or dodgy groins though.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I must admit the position surprised me as I thought right back, an experienced centre back and at least one striker would be our main targets. I also wonder if the youngster we got on loan at the last minute that is apparently not costing us anything is here on an extended trial with a view to signing in the summer.
No reason they aren't our main targets. The article simply says we are interested in an LB (which we need) and doesn't say anything about not wanting other positions where we are short of numbers.