Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Summer target
 Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018, 19:14 
Offline

Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 21:19
Posts: 2992
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Here: http://bit.ly/SummerTarget


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Summer target
 Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018, 19:16 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 18913
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Hussey at Gloucestershire Cricket was class.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Summer target
 Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018, 20:52 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 12358
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I'd be happy with that, has a quality delivery into the box from what I recall. Didn't we try to sign him under Yates and he went to Wimbeldon instead?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Summer target
 Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018, 20:58 
Offline

Joined: 01 Jun 2013, 21:32
Posts: 1411
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
This would be an excellent signing and would be first choice you would think if he signs, not sure what that would mean for Cranston though, much improved from last season definitely but before the injury had a bit more than a fair hand with the goals we were shipping in without being directly responsible himself, a potential interesting summer could be upon us.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Summer target
 Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018, 21:00 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 18913
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
CTFC03 wrote:
This would be an excellent signing and would be first choice you would think if he signs, not sure what that would mean for Cranston though, much improved from last season definitely but before the injury had a bit more than a fair hand with the goals we were shipping in without being directly responsible himself, a potential interesting summer could be upon us.


Squad game and we need two LBs, so Cranston will still be in the matchday squad.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Summer target
 Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018, 21:17 
Offline

Joined: 08 Dec 2009, 20:02
Posts: 16
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Has the mole re-surfaced? Also, I thought that this sort of speculative story was best avoided as it is potentially damaging beause it might ramp up demand by alerting possible rival biders.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Summer target
 Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018, 21:54 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 12358
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I must admit the position surprised me as I thought right back, an experienced centre back and at least one striker would be our main targets. I also wonder if the youngster we got on loan at the last minute that is apparently not costing us anything is here on an extended trial with a view to signing in the summer.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Summer target
 Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018, 08:40 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 11:29
Posts: 3024
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Sanguine wrote:
Has the mole re-surfaced? Also, I thought that this sort of speculative story was best avoided as it is potentially damaging beause it might ramp up demand by alerting possible rival biders.


JP's job isn't the Cheltenham media officer. If he hears something newsworthy he has a duty to report it and get papers bought/hits on the Echo website.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Summer target
 Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018, 10:12 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 11:50
Posts: 1986
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
The article is very speculative. All it says is the player is thought to be a target.
It does not give a club to who thinks it - someone at the club, someone at his club, the player himself, his agent
Or maybe just an idle thought by the writer.
I suspect that it is an agent who has put the story out, trying to create a market for a player who has not played much over the last two years.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Summer target
 Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018, 10:52 
Offline

Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 12:02
Posts: 2726
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
The Woking connection is a good clue to our interest. An experienced left back and Ilias back would be good next season. We can't afford dodgy hamstrings or dodgy groins though.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Summer target
 Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018, 11:19 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 18913
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Robin wrote:
I must admit the position surprised me as I thought right back, an experienced centre back and at least one striker would be our main targets. I also wonder if the youngster we got on loan at the last minute that is apparently not costing us anything is here on an extended trial with a view to signing in the summer.


No reason they aren't our main targets. The article simply says we are interested in an LB (which we need) and doesn't say anything about not wanting other positions where we are short of numbers.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: