two new signings

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
Cranston and Forster - back in training - it will give the squad a boost
horlickfanclub
Ilias played well Saturday and has improved the left side with energy and a football brain but Cranston will be good round peg back up. Reserve outing for Jordan tomorrow I expect. It is good he is getting over a difficult injury.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hope they aren’t rushed back. Their return had to be geared towards being tip top for the start of next season, so don’t want any further injuries or complications from coming back too soon.
Shade
Agreed, pointless rushing them back for this season anyway.
Robin
Ilias looks better than Cranners so fully Echo the above absolutely no need to rush them back.

Forster is an interesting one, I suspect we will simply drop Rodon but he's looked fine to me, would much rather drop Grimes to give Jordan some game time.
horlickfanclub
The earthquake must have been a sign of a new dawning-------I agree with Robin!
London Exile
Robin wrote:Ilias looks better than Cranners so fully Echo the above absolutely no need to rush them back.

Forster is an interesting one, I suspect we will simply drop Rodon but he's looked fine to me, would much rather drop Grimes to give Jordan some game time.
Agree with this. I’ve liked the look of Ilias. Plenty of energy and pace and despite not being the tallest, he’s not bad in the air
longmover
Robin wrote:Ilias looks better than Cranners.
I can't believe you've typed that :shock:
Andy
longmover wrote:
Robin wrote:Ilias looks better than Cranners.
I can't believe you've typed that :shock:
Me too, although I can’t deny that he has been a good replacement to have in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Si Robin
I agree - easy to forget how well Cranko was playing. Ilias has played well, but Cranko would undoubtedly be number 1 for me.

When he got injured we were also on a decent run of form in the league as well (losing 2 of the previous 10). Since, we've won 3 in 17.
Robin
Cranners was playing very well before he got injured but no better than what I've seen from Ilias who looks to have a bit more pace and tenacity in the tackle for me.
Shade
Robin wrote:Cranners was playing very well before he got injured but no better than what I've seen from Ilias who looks to have a bit more pace and tenacity in the tackle for me.
I agree.

And I can't see that Cranston was the reason that we'd only lost 2 in 10, personally...