Set the sat nav to Moss Rose, Macclesfield, next season

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Macc Town five points clear again now, after a thumping 4-1 win at Tranmere and Aldershot drawing. A Tranmere win would have brought the Wirralmen to just a point behind, but they are now seven back.

Aldershot and Sutton occupy the two play off semi final spots though B Wood, Wrexham and Tranmere are only one or two points behind..
paperboy
...with a big club like Tranmere still huffing and puffing to get back into the league it just illustrates how difficult it is to achieve that goal.

Miraculously we did it at the first time of asking with the manager that some would now like to be replaced.
Robin
Equally it seems that a number of relegated sides (including those smaller than ourselves - Barnet, Torquay, potentially Macclesfield) can bounce back.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Torquay maybe in the past. They are on course to be playing Gloucester next season.
Robin
I know but they did get relegated and bounced back on smaller crowds than ours.
Red Duke
I am moving from the North East to North West in a couple of weeks so Macclefield next season will be shortish trip away.
asl
Always one of my favourite trips and usually make a weekend of it. It's generally the only time I can pursuade the missus to attend, these days.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Always one of my favourite trips and usually make a weekend of it. It's generally the only time I can pursuade the missus to attend, these days.
Great walking around Alderley Edge. A real pilgrimage for Alan Garner fans as well. Must be about 20 years since I went to the silk mill museum near Macc.
Ralph
If Yatsey keeps getting results and Hartlepool in freefall, it could be them going into the National North
horlickfanclub
Torquay V Gloucester City is also looking probable.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Torquay V Gloucester City is also looking probable.
A real come down for Torquay. Their fans travelling to Evesham will feel like Sunderland fans travelling to Accrington next season.
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:Torquay V Gloucester City is also looking probable.
A real come down for Torquay. Their fans travelling to Evesham will feel like Sunderland fans travelling to Accrington next season.
Talking of Sunderland. Biggest team in L1 :lol:
Robin
Aren't Gloucester is serious danger of relegation from National league North?
joes dad
Robin wrote:Aren't Gloucester is serious danger of relegation from National league North?
3 wins on the trot,8 points clear of relegation from National league SOUTH
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
joes dad wrote:
Robin wrote:Aren't Gloucester is serious danger of relegation from National league North?
3 wins on the trot,8 points clear of relegation from National league SOUTH
Yup, they had games in hand and the ex-Cheltenham boys helped them win them. Look like they will survive for another season of decline and struggle in Worcestershire.

And with three of the four being relegated from the Conference almost certain to be Midlands or Northern sides, Gloucester will be National South again.

Hereford on the way up from Southern Prem to National South. That will be tasty when Bulls pack out the Evesham ground.
horlickfanclub
If they can keep the squad together I think they will be top half next season.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Macc Town five points clear again now, after a thumping 4-1 win at Tranmere and Aldershot drawing. A Tranmere win would have brought the Wirralmen to just a point behind, but they are now seven back.

Aldershot and Sutton occupy the two play off semi final spots though B Wood, Wrexham and Tranmere are only one or two points behind..
So we are staying up then....?
Malabus
Nope ... they are in the south and won their last three games. :(
asl
Malabus wrote:
Nope ... they are in the south and won their last three games. :(
But, apart from that, spot on.
Robin
Sorry guys can't claim I keep much of an eye on their results but the last news I saw suggested the manager had quit and it would take a miracle for them to stay up.
horlickfanclub
New Managers can have a big effect on some squads.
paperboy
horlickfanclub wrote:New Managers can have a big effect on some squads.
Ha ha yes.

SC working his magic at Birmingham (not) and Yatesy doing well at Solihull are just two examples of what effect new managers do or don't make.

Paul Tisdale was a couple of matches from getting the boot at Exeter last season after being successful for many seasons. Now he's The Grecian God again.