This is typical Cheltenham...

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
Cant beat non-league Maidstone but two up against the table toppers...

Classic Cheltenham.

We are also masters in self destruction, so not holding my breath.
RichardMoss
Be f#!$ happy that we’re doing well, stop trying to find every little thing to moan about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Malabus
RichardMoss wrote:Be f#!$ happy that we’re doing well, stop trying to find every little thing to moan about

Think I worked out your poorly written message.
Where have I moaned...?
My post was written 16:18 when we were 2-0 up, I was happy.
RichardMoss
Malabus wrote:
RichardMoss wrote:Be f#!$ happy that we’re doing well, stop trying to find every little thing to moan about

Think I worked out your poorly written message.
Where have I moaned...?
My post was written 16:18 when we were 2-0 up, I was happy.
Bringing up the Maidstone game and and saying how we’re self destructive and that you aren’t holding out hope, doesn’t sound overly positive does it?

Malabus
It was a good/positive result. Draw against a very good team away from home is very welcoming.
shevates
I think both those results show where we are, a side mostly full of inconsistant players who can perform really well at times and just as we feel weve turned the corner the inconsistant side turns up We've looked good at times and bluddy awful on too many occasions
Alf
Agree, a draw away at the league leaders is not to be sneezed at and should encourage us to push on to better things. Problem is, we’ve had several ‘turning the corner’ results this season that have created false hopes and not managed to build on it and I am at the point this season where I will be happy for us to stay up. Would love us to go on a winning run to bring a bit of excitement to what’s left of the season but it’s probably unlikely.
horlickfanclub
I am settling for staying up and the ambition that one day I will see some football down the left side in front of the Colin Farmer Stand.
Artemis
Alf wrote:Agree, a draw away at the league leaders is not to be sneezed at and should encourage us to push on to better things. Problem is, we’ve had several ‘turning the corner’ results this season that have created false hopes and not managed to build on it and I am at the point this season where I will be happy for us to stay up. Would love us to go on a winning run to bring a bit of excitement to what’s left of the season but it’s probably unlikely.
We've taken two points from the league leaders who have been scoring for fun and not letting many in. They hammered Yeovil and someone else earlier in the season. Our problem is inconsistency and "football intelligence" on the pitch. Too often we start out with a game plan, but are incapable of finessing it to suit what the opposition are doing. Part of that is the manager, but he can only tell them what to do, not how to do it and indeed do it.