Steve Evans

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Oldun
Resigned from Mansfield (and his good natured chum, his assistant, friend of GJ) Peterborough bound perchance? Or has Paul Baker finally seen the error of his ways and gone for some class and quality to replace Gary?
Malabus
https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2018 ... statement/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Vile c*nt. Hope he doesn’t get another job and leaves the game for good.
Alf
Has he had an offer from a bigger club? I wouldn’t employ him to clean my bog but I’m not a wealthy businessman who knows nothing about football........or has he opened his gob once too often? Who knows. More to the point, who f#!$ cares?
Oldun
Peterborough?
longmover
:lol: stags forum right now
Rulistening
God knows what id do if he ever took over here. I'd much rather watch paint dry than cheer on a team managed by the worlds angriest mr blobby.
Shade
If he were ever at CTFC I would suspend my time as a fan until well after he'd left, even if he was successful. I'm a man of principles and I can't support a scumbag like him.

Speaks volumes when he abandons a club in a promotion challenge.

It's quite funny reading stagsnet and what they think of him (now). Mirrors everything that's ever been posted about him on here, only the poor sods have had first hand experience day in, day out, rather than just twice a season. Some of the comments are classics.

"
Re: Good riddance Steve Evans
Postby CassellsCap » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:51 pm

I don't post much on here but as in my past comments, BIG GOB NO CLASS. we may be little Mansfield town but would rather lose with class than win at all costs with him in charge. the way he abuses referees, other managers and even own fans shows he is classless. WE ARE BIGGER THAN HIM."

"
Postby 1970Stag » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:54 pm

He needed to stay and finish the job, not jump ship in Feb/March, I really hope Posh lose all their games and he's hated and sacked by April. Odious little turdburger."

"
Postby stanns stag » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:43 pm

I'm sorry to say it but for all his credentials, Evans is a self interested, obese, traitor. I've never liked the man and I've seen a lot of his rubbish first hand this season and it's just not very Mansfield Town the way he behaves, slandering other managers in a really illiterate and immature way and arguing with fans. It was like having the embarrassing fat kid from school managing the team at times.

However, I feel he should have honoured the season out and scarpering now simply proves what a heap of bullshit he's been turning out in interviews since he arrived (the Radfords are brilliant, I'm not leaving etc - all lies) "

:lol:
drgm
Barry Fry and Steve Evans - a match made in heaven.

The Stags and League 2 will be a better place without him
Ralph
Thing that makes me smile is those Stags fans that came on here giving it large few weeks back. Oh well
CTFC03
He gets teams promoted by playing an attractive style of Football, ok he tends to be at clubs who have bigger budgets but he gets the best out of what he's got and is passionate and is a winner and if he wasn't liked he would never be in jobs in the first place, people don't like his style (must admit I hate it when he gets on the officials backs) but clearly some chairmen do and I think he's quite entertaining in his own way and adds an edge on games.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Attractive style? If violence and cheating is what you mean by attractive may be. Yes some clubs might take him, and that says more about them than anything else. I hope any club which has given Evans the time of day fails - they are an anathema to football and those that love the game.
leohoenig
drgm wrote:Barry Fry and Steve Evans - a match made in heaven.

The Stags and League 2 will be a better place without him
I really think this is a little unfair on Barry Fry, who I have always liked ever since I first met him.
(It's a shock to think that was over 40 years ago).

Barry had a heart problem while managing Hillingdon, and was warned never to play again. Two months later he named himself as sub and played on a Tuesday night at Dartford, (2-0 to Dartford).

Despite all his headlines, Barry Fry is, and always has been a man who loves his football.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Barry Fry is a proper football man. Different class to scum creature Evans.
longmover
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Barry Fry is a proper football man. Different class to scum creature Evans.
Strange choice, can't see Fry getting on with Evans at all.
Alf
I can’t see anyone getting on with Evans apart from that arse licking toe rag that shuffles about with him.
longmover
Peterborough owner has sold 1/2 his share in club to some Canadian investors, all makes sense now.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:Peterborough owner has sold 1/2 his share in club to some Canadian investors, all makes sense now.
It will go belly up after Evans had had a belly full.