Steve sacked!

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Oldun
Sacked! Absolute outrage!
Oldun
Sorry didn't mean to start a second thread!
drgm
Some of the clubs he's managed in recent years at Championship level have been basket cases,
Forest, Portsmouth and now Birmingham. I always thought he was destined for the top but I now wonder
what's left for our Stevie
Will always be a legend in my eyes
bigdavejambo
after the way he conducted himself in his post match interview i think he knew it was coming.
Sprout Picker
Think he's better off out of that to be honest.

After making big financial losses and not being able to bring any players in during January it was always going to be a tall order to get the results to keep them up.

I'd make them a near certainty to go down now.

Hopefully SC can get a job at a club that isn't being ran like a corner shop.
Oldun
Steve to Swindon?
Malabus
Oldun wrote:Steve to Swindon?
They got David Flintoff.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
One wonders, does he only get basket case jobs as no other club wants him?

And will a decent L2 club want him? Obviously he did it with us but also more recently he got County promoted before shirking the challenge of keeping them in L1 when he left to fail at Portsmouth. Who in L2 will want a manager with a track record of jumping ship after getting you up? Looks likely to be a few years as a Number 2 again now in my opinion.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 03 Mar 2018, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
Rulistening
Malabus wrote:
They got David Flintoff.
He's already gone to Mansfield
bigdavejambo
there will be a few jobs come up in next few weeks as chairman have a last role of the dice.
Horteng
Malabus wrote:
They got David Flintoff.
Freddie's brother? :lol:
horlickfanclub
Two years compo will cushion the blow a little.
London Exile
Oxford wouldn’t be a bad fit for SC. Decent sized club in L1 with potential similar to Bristol City (albeit they were struggling in L1 when Steve went in there)
Ralph
One day I'd love to see him back with us. It could happen if he doesn't do it anywhere else
Nesty
Ralph wrote:One day I'd love to see him back with us. It could happen if he doesn't do it anywhere else
he wont come back here, cant see him dropping down to L2 , at least thats the impression I get. Mind with all the compo he must have been paid down the years he could buy a chunk of the Robins. he has taken the wrong decision with some of his moves. my advice for him would be to go number 2 to a top manager for a year or two - he is no doubt a fantastic coach and motivator
bigdavejambo
Nesty wrote:
Ralph wrote:One day I'd love to see him back with us. It could happen if he doesn't do it anywhere else
he wont come back here, cant see him dropping down to L2 , at least thats the impression I get. Mind with all the compo he must have been paid down the years he could buy a chunk of the Robins. he has taken the wrong decision with some of his moves. my advice for him would be to go number 2 to a top manager for a year or two - he is no doubt a fantastic coach and motivator
he is in competition with Mr McClaren
Ralph
bigdavejambo wrote:
Nesty wrote:
For?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
bigdavejambo wrote:
For?
Being a top number two. Was a comment in jest I believe, to have a cheeky dig at SMcL
bigdavejambo
[quote="he is in competition with Mr McClaren[/quote]

For?[/quote]

the most sackings as a manager = compensation galore.
everyman
horlickfanclub wrote:Two years compo will cushion the blow a little.
I don`t think Steve will go back to the building trade again,ex-Sharpe&Fisher employee ?