what an investment

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Sprout Picker
vickeryc wrote:I agree. These sort of figures are derisory when you consider his potential. Let's stop talking about his potential sale and enjoy him while he's here.
Agree. Whilst I hope that we get a good price and also that Mo gets a good move / career should he move on, for now I'd rather enjoy seeing him play and continue to develop.

He seems to be getting better almost by the week and his story this season has been something very refreshing in this era of Premier League players 'earning' £x gazzilion per year.

Great work by PJ, GJ and others in finding him and helping him improve.
Shade
If Mo continues improving at his current rate, he will be playing and scoring in the Championship in two seasons time. He has every attribute to succeed:
- he doesn't panic in front of goal
- he's a great finisher
- he's got pace
- he makes good runs
- he can turn on a sixpence
- he can take people on
- he can get a shot away with virtually no backlift
- he works for the team and gets stuck in where necessary

Not only that but he has more potential as this is just his FIRST season in the football league. He's a natural talent, hasn't learnt any of this at an academy, and I wouldn't even be surprised to see him playing for a mid-table or lower Prem side in 3-5 years, if I'm being honest.

If we sell to a League 1 club for anything less than £1m this summer, unless we get a huge sell-on %, and Mo hasn't demanded to leave (of which he doesn't seem the type to), then I will feel like we have been sold very short. I think letting him go to a L1 side is a waste of time for us and him, as he will be Championship. I mean, bloody Bogle is at Cardiff, ffs. You look at some of the other ex-L2 strikers that are playing in the Championship...We should just come out and say if you're L1 you can't afford him, and see which one puts their money where their mouths are.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Eisa is only the second player to reach ten plus league goals in England in 2018. The first being Salah.

Both could be sold for a tidy prophet.
Shade
Commentators on Luton v Barnet just said Luton turned down a £2.5m bid for a player in January. Once again, anything less than £1m for Mo is a cop out.
Robin
Listening to GJ today I do think we could actually hold out for £1 million, if GJ says he's Championship quality now and big clubs at that level want him the £1 million is feasible.

I wonder which Luton player would command a £2.5 million bid too, surely that must have come from a Prem team? I googled it and can only find an article stating they turned down £300k from Norwich for one of their defenders on deadline day.
Shade
Just rewound and listened again. James Justin, they turned down £2.5m for unnamed player "earlier in the season" but suspect it was for him.
Lord Elpuz
Gary knows Mo Eisa’s current value and he knows Mo’s potential value too. Mo will go this summer, we will get £1m for him with add-ons for appearances and goals, and of course the all-important sell-on clause. We are extremely fortunate to have Gary at the helm because he will ensure we get top dollar in any deal. We could be cashing in on Mo for several years - so he must be allowed to go with everyone’s blessings and we should all look forward to watching him succeed at much higher clubs. Who would I compare Mo Eisa to in top flight football? In my humble opinion he is the League 2 equivalent of Marcus Rashford, and given the right opportunities Mo will go a long-long way.
Robin
That makes sense, google says they turned down a £1million offer from Notts Forest last August for that player stating they believe he can go to a Premiership team.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Listening to GJ today I do think we could actually hold out for £1 million, if GJ says he's Championship quality now and big clubs at that level want him the £1 million is feasible.

I wonder which Luton player would command a £2.5 million bid too, surely that must have come from a Prem team? I googled it and can only find an article stating they turned down £300k from Norwich for one of their defenders on deadline day.
“Hold out”. It is not like we are being tortured by people trying to make us sell. No holding out about it; perfectly simple to ignore anyone who doesn’t offer over a million. If no one offers that then we don’t sell.
Shade
Wait until a satisfactory offer comes in, then leak that he's going to be sold for that much and see if anyone else comes in with a higher bid.
Robin
By the way thinking of Barnet would anyone be happy if we used say £100k of the money from Eisa to land Akinde from Barnet? I know they are different players but with Wright likely to be leaving he would need a powerful forward with positive track record and he'd also fit the marquee signing we would need.
Shade
Would be interesting to see what Akinde could do with decent players behind him...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Wait until a satisfactory offer comes in, then leak that he's going to be sold for that much and see if anyone else comes in with a higher bid.
Or even better, get Lee to leak that City have had a £1.5m bid accepted as an attempt to lure other clubs to gazzump.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Shade wrote:Wait until a satisfactory offer comes in, then leak that he's going to be sold for that much and see if anyone else comes in with a higher bid.
Or even better, get Lee to leak that City have had a £1.5m bid accepted as an attempt to lure other clubs to gazzump.
Or even better, just get Lee to pay £2m for him and loan him back to us if he doesn't hit the ground running, which I would expect him to do anyway :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Getting ahead of myself but I am trying to think which Prem team Mo would most suit. The way I picture most of his goals and the goals of Prem teams...Chelsea I reckon.
Robin
Bristol City paid £1 million for Matty Taylor perhaps they can buy Eisa for £1.5million and loan us Taylor for the season as a sweetner;-)
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Crewe selling a 16-year old who has not played a senior game for £300k, to Chelsea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43547533" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If a boy with no experience of men's football is going £300k, then a man who has netted 20 goals (no pens) in the League must be four or five times that at least?
CTFC03
Akinde is a decent striker who I would like here, worked with Johnson before too.
Robin
Yes and I would imagine with Barnet probably getting relegated a large five figure or small six figure fee would be enough to tempt them to sell. I also doubt his wages are too high given Barnet's crowds so you'd like to think he would be a realistic target.
Jerry St Clair
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Both could be sold for a tidy prophet.
Amen to that.
Jerry St Clair
As a former resident of Thatcham, near Newbury, I tend to keep an eye on the their results. The Kingfishers are having a magnificent season. Second in the Hellenic Premier and in the final of the FA vase after beating Northwich in the semi final.

They have a lad up front called Shane Cooper-Clark who’s scored 45 goals in two seasons. Prior to that he was at Bracknell Town where he scored 28 in the 2015 season. I know it’s step 5 and a long way from the Football League, but i’m amazed no-one has taken a punt on him and, perhaps, exactly the sort of player we should be looking at. I wonder if Pete Johnson has popped down to west Berkshire to take a look.