Odelusi contract

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
With all the comings and goings in January I have lost track of Sanmi’s situation? Is he out of contract in the summer or do we have him tied down for longer?
Robin
He is out of contract but I feel he may get another year.

Squad status is as follows I believe:
Under Contract beyond the summer
Flinders
Bower
Forster
Pell
Dawson
Atangana
Graham
Lloyd
Eisa

Out of Contract in the summer
Lovett
Cranston
Boyle
Grimes
Thomas
Page
Odelusi
Wright
Holman
Gordon

I suspect we will be retaining the majority of the above and looking to bring in 3-4 experienced players this summer.
CTFC03
I suspect out of those with contracts expiring Wright, Cranston & Holman will be released.
Sprout Picker
CTFC03 wrote:I suspect out of those with contracts expiring Wright, Cranston & Holman will be released.
Would be surprised if we released Cranston given his form earlier in the season before injury. The other two I would agree with.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sprout Picker wrote:
CTFC03 wrote:I suspect out of those with contracts expiring Wright, Cranston & Holman will be released.
Would be surprised if we released Cranston given his form earlier in the season before injury. The other two I would agree with.
Also would be daft as it would leave us with no left backs, meaning we would need to sign two in the summer. Keeping Cranston means we just need to add one new face to cover him or to be number one.
Lord Elpuz
It would be madness to let Cranston go. Bit for his injury, he was heading my PLayer Of The Season choice.
CTFC03
He's definitely improved without any doubt but for me he still has a lot of involvement in opposition goals without directly being at fault, just an opinion and I'd like him to prove me wrong but I think we need someone knew next season who's been there and done it.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:He is out of contract but I feel he may get another year.

Squad status is as follows I believe:
Under Contract beyond the summer
Flinders
Bower
Forster
Pell
Dawson
Atangana
Graham
Lloyd
Eisa

Out of Contract in the summer
Lovett
Cranston
Boyle
Grimes
Thomas
Page
Odelusi
Wright
Holman
Gordon

I suspect we will be retaining the majority of the above and looking to bring in 3-4 experienced players this summer.
did you leave out Winchester on purpose ? My feeling is he won't be here. If he was going to sign he would have by now
Robin
Missed Winchester by mistake, but agree if he's staying he would be signing by now.

As for those out of contract Wright, Holman very likely to go Gordon, Page, Grimes and Thomas the other others I feel could go. The very likely to stay.
East End Robin
I would expect Lovett, Cranston, Boyle, Grimes, and Odelusi to be offered contracts and stay. Like some people I'm also desperate for Winchester to stay, but concerned he may choose to move on.

As for the remainders, it seems fairly obvious that Holman's time is up. Wright will probably go too. And then it's hard to tell with Thomas, Page and Gordon because we haven't enough of them to know whether they're worth keeping. I suspect Gary has though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Page and Gordon leave. Thomas I can see going either way.
Shade
If Gordon gets himself fit I don't see why GJ would let him leave. He hasn't played enough to be judged so he's still the same player that GJ brought in, I'd have thought, as long as he heals fully. Just because he got a bad, unfortunate injury wouldn't mean that GJ is no longer interested in him? I'd imagine he may get one of those "prove your fitness" style deals that the likes of Downes had last season.
Robin
I guess the crux is that Odelusi was brought in on a like for like basis to Gordon and seems to be doing well enough to earn a deal for next season. That said, I do agree Gordon may be given a short term deal to assess his fitness.
Shade
If they're both good enough then keep them both. We will most likely have at least one striker less next season, after all.