Gary Johnson after the 1-1 draw with Chesterfield

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Can be watched/read here: http://bit.ly/GJPostChesterfield" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And then you complain when RM does the interviews...
horlickfanclub
I did not complain. I enjoyed Russells interview.
Oldun
Not like you to be less than 100% enthused by G J

I do wonder why these interviews are conducted and why the managers up and down the land have to go through with them. There is little point in listening to these and the preview ones as there is usually nothing to say before or after that is not patently obvious. No manager is going to give anything away before a fixture; equally no manager is going to slag off players after a game or indeed praise individual ones. It will not happen and rightly so. What could GJ or anyone else say about yesterday apart from what he did say. We didn't play well, weather had an effect etc etc.
All totally pointless. And if GJ sends Horlick to sleep, what about our friend at Forest Green? Now there's a motivational speaker!
I do feel for them all!
theidlerich
Did he mention 'Time wasting' at all [sorry I don't listen to these "excuse diatribes"...]; if so why didn't we have a few 'ball-boys to speed up the delivery of the ball to the goalkeeper or throw ins etc...very poor and unprofessional at this level. I wondered how many minutes were lost Saturday due to this 'oversight'? At least the retrieval of the ball was as exciting as the game!!!!
Oldun
I suppose it gives the GJ haters something more to moan about...the fact that he is peeved like a lot of us about time wasting. Also it was great that yesterday he pointed out the success of his use of subs. Most of us knew that already of course, but I fear there might be one or two doubters out there somewhere!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Oldun wrote:I suppose it gives the GJ haters something more to moan about...the fact that he is peeved like a lot of us about time wasting. Also it was great that yesterday he pointed out the success of his use of subs. Most of us knew that already of course, but I fear there might be one or two doubters out there somewhere!
Always enjoyable when Gary gives a little back to the critics in his interviews.
Johnsons Red Army
Oldun wrote:equally no manager is going to slag off players after a game or indeed praise individual ones.
Unless your name is Jose Mourinho :lol: .
Nesty
there have been a few comments on FB regarding team selection, one up front at home against the bottom team, but what if GJ had changed a winning team and we lost!! I can just imagine the reaction, he was clearly in a lose-lose situation.
Shade
We play > we win, GJ gives his post match interview or lets RM do it, people don't comment on it (other than why isn't GJ doing it if RM does), go back to start
v
we don't win, GJ gives his post-match interview that he has to give, people moan about it, go back to start.

What a wonderful cycle.