Dawson & Grimes

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Would it be too harsh to state these two seemed to be in a dual today for worst player on the pitch?
vickeryc
Grimes maybe, but not Dawson.
Rulistening
Grimes is so bad, I think that must be why we loaned Manny again. So he had someone worse than him to build his confidence up.
Robin
I thought both were shockingly bad today, granted Dawson has shown he can be a good player but Grimes was just as bad today, at fault for the goal and gifted them a great chance in the first half too.
Benctfc
Have to admit I have been underwehelmed by Dawson after a good start he has shown to be no better than average player in this league and hasn't lived up to the hype of when we signed him in the summer imo. As for Grimes he has shown numerous times he isnt upto this standard he needs to be shown the door in the summer. He seems a nice bloke and tries every game but hasnt improved enough.
longmover
People said Cranston wasn't up to this standard.
Shade
Dawson wasn't any worse than 5 or 6 others today, I thought. Before his great assist, I actually thought Morrell was the poorest midfielder.
horlickfanclub
Grimes and Morrell were poor. It has taken eight months for some to recognise that Grimes is not up to Div 2. Dawson puts in the effort but was well marked today.
Robin
Absolutely cannot fault Dawson's effort but he constantly ran off side, failed to put a decent cross in the box or lost the ball easily yesterday. I do think he's a decent player but he should have been one of the first off, easily the worst performance from him in a Robins shirt.
Shade
Robin wrote:Absolutely cannot fault Dawson's effort but he constantly ran off side, failed to put a decent cross in the box or lost the ball easily yesterday. I do think he's a decent player but he should have been one of the first off, easily the worst performance from him in a Robins shirt.
Mo and Andrews were caught offside a few times between them as well. It's definitely something that Mo needs to work on.