Ipswich Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
In the hunt for Mo, according to reports (a friend who is a ipswich supporter)

offering £250k :lol:
Rulistening
They can have one of his used shirts for that!
Robin
The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, Ipswich are skint in that league and would no doubt offer us some unrealistically low fee hoping to snag him. That said give we know Middlesbrough, Cardiff and Barnsley are interested we hold the bargaining chips and can comfortable asking for three times that.
longmover
Robin wrote:The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, Ipswich are skint in that league and would no doubt offer us some unrealistically low fee hoping to snag him. That said give we know Middlesbrough, Cardiff and Barnsley are interested we hold the bargaining chips and can comfortable asking for three times that.
The friend (ipswich fan) confirmed they could no way afford £1m
Ralph
longmover wrote:
Robin wrote:The sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, Ipswich are skint in that league and would no doubt offer us some unrealistically low fee hoping to snag him. That said give we know Middlesbrough, Cardiff and Barnsley are interested we hold the bargaining chips and can comfortable asking for three times that.
The friend (ipswich fan) confirmed they could no way afford £1m
So your friends on the board at Ipswich lol
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Not April 1st yet. An offensive joke of an offer. F*ck off Ipswich.
vickeryc
Mick McCarthy really is taking the Mick with an insulting offer like that. If we did have to sell, I'd hope he went to a club like Bristol City, especially if Bobby Reid was to be lured away.
Robin
Yeah but Big Mick does love a bargain so offering such a paltry amount is something realistic. I don't care where he goes (assuming he goes) so long as we get the best possible price for me that suggest Middlesbrough then Bristol City/Cardiff with clubs like Barnsley/Brum/Ispwich towards the bottom end as they will likely pay the least.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fulham will have money to burn and a goal scorer to find when Sessegnon goes.
Ihearye
Nobody apart from somebody's mate has offered anything. Before we start lambasting MMCC for a poor offer