Mo Eisa 20 league goals

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

shevates
Great acheivement from Mo without doubt and now trails Billy Kee by one goal, but something that should be pointed out especially to clubs chasing him is that not one of his goals have come from the penalty spot where as Billy Kee 8 of his 21 have come from the spot. Infact most of the leading goal scorers take their sides pens. The only acception is wycombs Akinfenwa Who has an impressive 17 why impressive he also has 12 assists where as Mo has 4. If Mo was to finish leading leauge 2 scorer it would be another feather in the cap to secure a more than decent transfer fee for Mo
Last edited by shevates on 25 Mar 2018, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
12 assists for the Beast is impressive!
Robin
I'm now beginning to hope when we inevitably sell Mo it's going to fund a large part of our new main stand. Certainly starting to believe he will be our first seven figure sale.
shevates
Forget a new stand totally pointless for our attendances priority is to spend on the team and especially to replace Mo im being realistic where would we have been without his goals ???
Ralph
I can't figure out how anyone would think it would be less than a million that we would get for him. Of course it's going to be more than a million. I do hope that we keep him next season though as it will go higher again
Malabus
Good point about none of Mo league goals were penalties, unlike Billy Kee.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote:Forget a new stand totally pointless for our attendances priority is to spend on the team and especially to replace Mo im being realistic where would we have been without his goals ???
In the long term, increasing revenue from a new stand is essential to afford better players.

What happens if we get £1.5m for Mo, use it on players, then the money runs out in a couple of years?
Johnsons Red Army
Why build a new stand just for there to be more empty seats, though?

Attendances will only increase when the team is successful.

Spending money on making the team better, in theory, should make the team more successful, and then the extra gate money coming in from people wanting to watch a successful team can help fund a new stand.

I'm not saying a new stand isn't required, however that the priority should be on building a successful team and filling the existing empty seats before a new stand is built.
longmover
the main stand is quite full on most match days(isn't it?) and sitting in there is an appalling experience
Johnsons Red Army
I sit in the Colin Farmer Stand and I can see lots of empty seats in the main stand most games.
CTFC03
Any money made should be spent on building a better team/clearing debt.
Robin
I'd argue a chunk should go into the team but the majority towards the new stand especially if we are serious about getting back into league one and staying there.
Johnsons Red Army
We need a stronger team to get back to League 1 though, and if we are selling our best player (which in turn will make us a weaker team) and using most of the money towards a new stand, where exactly is money for the playing budget coming from to strengthen the team for a push up to the next league?
Robin
We have a mid-table budget which should be fine enough to challenge. Give Gary £300k that would pay for four or five decent league two players and keep the rest for the standard.
London Exile
Robin wrote:We have a mid-table budget which should be fine enough to challenge. Give Gary £300k that would pay for four or five decent league two players and keep the rest for the standard.
I agree with you robin in that any potential windfall needs to see money set aside for ground redevelopment.
For me its not about the capacity but the other potential revenues a new stand can bring.
Going back a few years to when we had that £500k donation to help the team, once that had ran out we started to struggle and eventually went down.
A new stand in the future can hopefully help supplement the playing budget over a longer period of time rather than a few short lived years.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
How many times has Paul Baker had to explain that a new stand is required for more off-the pitch non-football revenue. It is not about meeting current demand for seats, but about the club having a bigger income.
shevates
Ask the supporters of the current two sides in the relegation spots in league 2 if they would rather be in the situation there in now, with new grounds which they only half fill or in there previous grounds with a team theyve spent money on which is performing well a no brainer in my view. Where would we raise the 5 million pounds or maybe more to build a new stand especially as grants are no longer dished out. If we got relegated owing say 4 million say goodbye to our club
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No one is talking about a new ground.

Barnet campaigned for years to redevelop the ground and then once denied as it’s on greenbelt spent years searching for a site; I suspect their fans will be still be glad they moved overall.
Robin
shevates wrote:Ask the supporters of the current two sides in the relegation spots in league 2 if they would rather be in the situation there in now, with new grounds which they only half fill or in there previous grounds with a team theyve spent money on which is performing well a no brainer in my view. Where would we raise the 5 million pounds or maybe more to build a new stand especially as grants are no longer dished out. If we got relegated owing say 4 million say goodbye to our club
If fairness the ground move for Chesterfield has led to a significant increase in crowds and wage budget. Barnet I would agree with as their crowds seem to have declined in their new ground although we have no idea whether the extra non-match day revenue being generated has a net increase/decrease on overall revenue.
Nesty
If the new stand facilitates corporate activities and can generate revenue , plough it back into the playing budget, bums on seats will follow
CTFCfan99
Makes sense business-wise to invest at least part of the money in a new stand, or at least some new facilities which would bring a steady income year on year. If we were to put all of what we get for Mo into the playing budget it might set us up for a few years of success but once the money runs out we'll be right back where we are now.
Malabus
100k......ha ha ha
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/could ... t-striker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Ralph
Malabus wrote:100k......ha ha ha
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/could ... t-striker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think they were serious lol
shevates
I couldnt agree more about facilities helping to bring in extra revenue into the club, thats why the 500 club invested in spending money to modernise the social club spending 23k to make it one of the best function rooms to hire. We are soon in the coming months going to spend a large chunck of money in having the alley relayed along with the dance floor. The victory bar which is used for seminas and conferences has had new lighting installed and we are to spend money on new tables and chairs new blinds and the room is repainted on a regular basis. Since these updates income has risen at a tremendous pace. So i know what can be brought in money wise through the work the 500 club have done. My cocerns have been and always will be where does 5 million come from to build it and watching games with 3 thousand fans in attendances in a 10 thousand stadium
Robin
Malabus wrote:100k......ha ha ha

My god what an awful piece of journalism, the guy is clueless.
Robin
shevates wrote:I couldnt agree more about facilities helping to bring in extra revenue into the club, thats why the 500 club invested in spending money to modernise the social club spending 23k to make it one of the best function rooms to hire. We are soon in the coming months going to spend a large chunck of money in having the alley relayed along with the dance floor. The victory bar which is used for seminas and conferences has had new lighting installed and we are to spend money on new tables and chairs new blinds and the room is repainted on a regular basis. Since these updates income has risen at a tremendous pace. So i know what can be brought in money wise through the work the 500 club have done. My cocerns have been and always will be where does 5 million come from to build it and watching games with 3 thousand fans in attendances in a 10 thousand stadium
We will fill it for the odd game Shevates but it's not really about utilising the capacity every week. As I see it better facilities will mean more fans return (we currently sell out the home seats enough to warrant more of them at least) and importantly we can then give the In2Print to away fans maximising revenue there also. Of course we then also have the non-match day income.
Malabus
My take regarding a new stand is that we need it, multi purpose, modern and better facilities, if it last 50 years it would pay for itself.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote:I couldnt agree more about facilities helping to bring in extra revenue into the club, thats why the 500 club invested in spending money to modernise the social club spending 23k to make it one of the best function rooms to hire. We are soon in the coming months going to spend a large chunck of money in having the alley relayed along with the dance floor. The victory bar which is used for seminas and conferences has had new lighting installed and we are to spend money on new tables and chairs new blinds and the room is repainted on a regular basis. Since these updates income has risen at a tremendous pace. So i know what can be brought in money wise through the work the 500 club have done. My cocerns have been and always will be where does 5 million come from to build it and watching games with 3 thousand fans in attendances in a 10 thousand stadium
That is commendable Shev and the facilities are good for what they are. A new stand will be able to hold bigger events and shinier premises can command higher prices for business and conferences.

What is the Old Stand and terracing down that side currently? 3,000 people? If we build a 4,000 seater stand then the capacity will hardly increase so the issue of the ground being less than half full won’t change from what it is now.

But, a full length stand can have more hospitality and more options. The cheap hospitality specials are good but take up room which could be used for full whack hospitality. A new stand can do both. A bar in there could be members / premium season ticket holders only so those who want to pay more to the club can without removing the standard options.

The non-football related stuff will bring in much more revenue in bigger more spacious flexible space, especially for bigger conferences and events which the current set-up do not have capacity for.
Johnsons Red Army
Robin wrote:and importantly we can then give the In2Print to away fans maximising revenue there also
Why on earth would you want to give away that whole stand to away supporters?

It would be a home game away from home for every team that visited and managed to fill it.
Robin
Johnsons Red Army wrote:
Robin wrote:and importantly we can then give the In2Print to away fans maximising revenue there also
Why on earth would you want to give away that whole stand to away supporters?

It would be a home game away from home for every team that visited and managed to fill it.
Simple reason to maximise revenue. Plenty of clubs have bigger away facilities and benefit from increased average attendances, York being a very good example and Swindon too.
horlickfanclub
Shevates is the voice of reason on this thread with real experience on making a return on sensible investment. Unless the old stand is used as a base to extend on to or upon for any increase in seating all current revenue from the improved bar would be lost in the construction of a complete new stand . That would need to be factored in to any budget.
Malabus
horlickfanclub wrote:Shevates is the voice of reason on this thread with real experience on making a return on sensible investment. Unless the old stand is used as a base to extend on to or upon for any increase in seating all current revenue from the improved bar would be lost in the construction of a complete new stand . That would need to be factored in to any budget.
You said it “old” ... will it still be standing in 2030?

People want more of a better and comfortable experience when paying £20+ on a Saturday afternoon.
Robin
That old stand needs to be knocked down Horlick it's a relic and barely football league standard. Build a new 3000 seater new main stand with office space and exec boxes gives the club a long term revenue generator.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Shevates is the voice of reason on this thread with real experience on making a return on sensible investment. Unless the old stand is used as a base to extend on to or upon for any increase in seating all current revenue from the improved bar would be lost in the construction of a complete new stand . That would need to be factored in to any budget.
Skittles alley and a lick of paint in a low-ceiling 1970s club house.....what more could the modern business and conferencing community need.

You only need to look at Burton to see what type of facilities can be offered and revenue generated if we break through the little old Cheltenham mindset.

And loss of revenue from existing bar will be more than replaced with increased revenue from several new bars.
Nesty
back to the thread, the fact that Mo has bagged 20 goals without any pens is outstanding. Q: did Alsop's 20 include any pens ?
Perhaps food for thought for the boffins who compile the goalscorers charts should split the totals between pens and goals scored in open play.

outstanding achievement for someone only brought here as "one for the future". And thanks to Shevates for bringing this statistic to our attention.