8 goal thriller highlights.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Malabus
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... cheltenham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ctfc-fan
Eisa’s first goal just goes to show his natural skill, then again so does his second, such a tight angle. Immense!
Malabus
ctfc-fan wrote:
Eisa’s first goal just goes to show his natural skill, then again so does his second, such a tight angle. Immense!
Like his cool/calmness in the 18 yard box. Never panics and stays focus. Thought his 2nd goal was the best out of the two.
Rulistening
2 goals and an assist for pell form that game right? not a bad game for him, glad to see him put in a good performance after a very shaky season compared to last.
CTFCfan99
Great anticipation for Eisa's second, knew the defender was going to head it back.
Robin
Only a slightly negative note, Taylor Moore at fault for one of the goals he's not done enough for me and has been a liability at times.
everyman
Robin wrote:Only a slightly negative note, Taylor Moore at fault for one of the goals he's not done enough for me and has been a liability at times.
If you mean their 1st.goal it was Jake Andrews with 2 mistakes in the build up,but that`s what you have to expect from youngsters occasionally.
horlickfanclub
Great passing and finishing by us. Grimes ballwatching on their goals again.
everyman
horlickfanclub wrote:Great passing and finishing by us. Grimes ballwatching on their goals again.
Sometimes it seems he`s the only one zonal defending ?
Fuller
Absolutely delighted with a 5 - 3 win but wouldn't call it a "thriller" ?

On a similar note I see Kiddy Harriers were 4 - 0 up with 10 minutes to go and drew 4 - 4 !
Malabus
Fuller wrote:Absolutely delighted with a 5 - 3 win but wouldn't call it a "thriller" ?
Just a bit of fun with words. Don’t take anything seriously on this board.
Shade
everyman wrote:
Robin wrote:Only a slightly negative note, Taylor Moore at fault for one of the goals he's not done enough for me and has been a liability at times.
If you mean their 1st.goal it was Jake Andrews with 2 mistakes in the build up,but that`s what you have to expect from youngsters occasionally.
Andrews mistake for the first and I know I sound like a stuck record but I'd put the blame for the second and third on Grimes. Completely lost his man for the second (he went front post and lost the man behind him, Moore motions to him as if it was his man) and the third he stands in the area looking at the guy instead of charging him, allowing him to take his time to shoot. Ball seemed to kick up in front of Flinders so he had little chance of anything but pushing it back out.
Shade
Extended highlights worth a watch: https://www.ctfc.com/ifollow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
horlickfanclub
I agree Shade. It was poor. Good job our forwards were firing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Bearing in mind of course Crawley through caution into the Gatwick flight path when 5-1 down and went hell for, whilst we probably subconsciously relaxed, as well as bringing on kids and changing shape. Completely different to if it was a 0-0 scenario after 75 mins.
Shade
True. But he and the rest of the players are supposed to be professionals. If I did 3/4 of a really good days work and then slacked off for the last 1/4 my boss wouldn't be happy, he'd be pushing me to go further. There are a couple of clips of Crawley chances in the first half where he didn't cover himself in glory either. Nobody wants CTFC players to succeed more than I do, but surely when Rodon comes back he comes in for him. All we can hope is he does a Cranston and shows a marked improvement next season, I guess.
horlickfanclub
Hopefully he will not be here next season.
Nesty
horlickfanclub wrote:I agree Shade. It was poor. Good job our forwards were firing.
I can understand why GJ made the changes, to give a few players a rest and bring on fresh legs but the formation change let Crawley back into the match. I reckon if he had left the team as it was we could have got 6 or 7
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:I agree Shade. It was poor. Good job our forwards were firing.
I can understand why GJ made the changes, to give a few players a rest and bring on fresh legs but the formation change let Crawley back into the match. I reckon if he had left the team as it was we could have got 6 or 7
That may be so Nesty, but surely it’s obvious that in terms planning for next season the lesson learned from experimenting with the system change and personnel change is much more valuable than winning 7-1 compared to 5-3.

If a manager isn’t going to try and test things when 5-1 up with 30 mins left in an end of season mid-table dead-rubber, when is he??
Oldun
As always, RCS the voice of reason. I have been resisting the bait because I cannot understand why there was the need to question what GJ did in terms of subs last Saturday. At 5-1 with half an hour left changes were obviously going to be made. As said elsewhere if GJ had not done so the same people would have been moaning anyway.
Shade
Oldun wrote:As always, RCS the voice of reason. I have been resisting the bait because I cannot understand why there was the need to question what GJ did in terms of subs last Saturday. At 5-1 with half an hour left changes were obviously going to be made. As said elsewhere if GJ had not done so the same people would have been moaning anyway.
My only question is why, when it got back 5-3 and we were obviously on the back foot, we didn't revert back to 4-5-1 with Mo or Graham going wide. Yes, we got the win in the end, but Crawley had more chances to score.
Nesty
Read what I said again Oldun ! - I said - I understood why GJ did what he did. It was not a criticism...........
Nesty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Nesty wrote:
That may be so Nesty, but surely it’s obvious that in terms planning for next season the lesson learned from experimenting with the system change and personnel change is much more valuable than winning 7-1 compared to 5-3.

If a manager isn’t going to try and test things when 5-1 up with 30 mins left in an end of season mid-table dead-rubber, when is he??
quite so.
Oldun
Not for one minute did I think you were being critical Nesty....Not sure I could say the same for others though!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
Oldun wrote:As always, RCS the voice of reason. I have been resisting the bait because I cannot understand why there was the need to question what GJ did in terms of subs last Saturday. At 5-1 with half an hour left changes were obviously going to be made. As said elsewhere if GJ had not done so the same people would have been moaning anyway.
My only question is why, when it got back 5-3 and we were obviously on the back foot, we didn't revert back to 4-5-1 with Mo or Graham going wide. Yes, we got the win in the end, but Crawley had more chances to score.
Maybe to test how the system coped under pressure. Maybe to try and help Graham and Mo work on their partnership some more. Maybe to see how the midfielders gelled and played in that set-up. Maybe had it got to 5-4 he may have reverted. Who knows. Upshot is we learned about that system and players and won the game fairly comfortably.
Nesty
Fuller wrote:Absolutely delighted with a 5 - 3 win but wouldn't call it a "thriller" ?

On a similar note I see Kiddy Harriers were 4 - 0 up with 10 minutes to go and drew 4 - 4 !
if I dust the layers of grey matter I recall a game at WR years (many!) we were 3-0 down at HT and went 4-0 down just after the break, and stormed back to draw 4-4 and hit the bar near the end
horlickfanclub
In support of the Manager, putting two up front worked against Chesterfield late on. The system and/ or subs cannot be blamed. Goals happen in football. Crawley changed gear and had a go. Move on.
kora
A lot of fans have been shouting for the youngsters to get game time; George Lloyd got another 25 minutes against a decent side and we still won. Can't see the problem with that.
everyman
kora wrote:A lot of fans have been shouting for the youngsters to get game time; George Lloyd got another 25 minutes against a decent side and we still won. Can't see the problem with that.
It was the perfect time to give George Lloyd some minutes,when the game was more or less won and no home fans to pressure him.