Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




Author Message
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 14:09 
Offline

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:56
Posts: 4265
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Shade wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but Mal has been banned at least once in the past.
yes he has


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 14:12 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Shade wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but Mal has been banned at least once in the past.


As have I!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 15:09 
Offline

Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 12:02
Posts: 2479
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Correction of OTC "facts".


Paul Baker played football (and is a qualified Referee).


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 15:15 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
horlickfanclub wrote:
Correction of OTC "facts".

Paul Baker played football (and is a qualified Referee).


If such a basic fact is wrong then god knows what evidence he has for what he was saying about CTFC will go bust without PB or about his marriage.

Red Duke has asked for the source. Will OTC provide?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 15:32 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:15
Posts: 888
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
asl wrote:
We let several other posters pedal lies, misinformation and general bullshit on here without adequate meaningful, reference sources. We haven't banned Mal yet, so why should we ban OTC?


but Mal often provides a link to the source of his material whereas OTC and his research does not.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 16:11 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:55
Posts: 435
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Don't think I want Mal farting in my house, that large body would hold a lot of gas. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 16:23 
Offline

Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 10:09
Posts: 814
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Getting back on track away from OTC-gate.....

The circus-on-the-hill are blaming their woeful take up of tickets on our ‘vicious’ attitude towards them:
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 368a92f488

I agree with this, I’ve heard many away supporters say they won’t come to fortress whaddon road due to the intense and intimidating atmosphere. ‘Ben2’, they say to me, ‘Millwall, Galatasary, Cheltenham Town. But not necessarily in that order...’ they say

More realistically their away support is just dire and dwindling, not the 4,000 mentioned by our feline-foe

Anyway, I’m off to polish my knuckle dusters and test the pyrotechnics, watch green street and practice my Danny dyer. Pwooper naughty....


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 16:28 
Offline

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:56
Posts: 4265
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
500 to a local derby is c!#p. It's really embarrassing


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 16:31 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Ralph wrote:
500 to a local derby is c!#p. It's really embarrassing


Indoor plumbed toilets at football obviously too much for them to handle.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 16:36 
Offline

Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 10:09
Posts: 814
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Fair play to vince and cooper though, they do connect with the fans, seen here on supporters coach to Barnet away....


https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=clown ... ll8I7xmf-M:


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 16:53 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Home seating areas selling fast. Limited availability left according to the official club website this afternoon: https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/april/ti ... r-on-sale/


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 17:01 
Offline

Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 17:51
Posts: 171
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Ralph wrote:
500 to a local derby is c!#p. It's really embarrassing


It'll be more then that. Probably aound 700 I would expect. Which is still poor.

The way our club are making it hard to actually buy tickets isn't helping, no online sales and hard to get through to anyone on the phone. Took me a few attempts.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 17:20 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 11431
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Chris another 200 on the last day sounds very unrealistic to me, in all honesty our club should lift the all ticket for away fans restriction because you were never going to sell that anyway.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 17:20 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Chris FGR wrote:
Ralph wrote:
500 to a local derby is c!#p. It's really embarrassing


It'll be more then that. Probably aound 700 I would expect. Which is still poor.

The way our club are making it hard to actually buy tickets isn't helping, no online sales and hard to get through to anyone on the phone. Took me a few attempts.


Par for the course given the litany of ‘FGR deliberately making it hard for fans’ stories.

Given our seats are selling out I think CTFC should open up one end of the Hazlewoods next to the Colin Farmer for home fans.


Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 12 Apr 2018, 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 17:21 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 9207
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Home seating areas selling fast. Limited availability left according to the official club website this afternoon: https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/april/ti ... r-on-sale/


Yes, had a look last week to get one of the seats near me for a mate and they'd already all sold. The whole block had about 75% sold, whereas it's normally somewhere around 40% before a match, I'd guess.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 17:30 
Offline

Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 10:09
Posts: 814
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
In marked contrast to the FGR- circus, any rovers fans who wants to can come in the Cheltenham end and will receive a warm welcome. This will get round the ticket-circus and allow fans to experience how a professional club operates. There’s absolutely no need for it to be all ticket or even for segregation, most ctfc fans quite like FGR as a club and pity the real fans being caught up in the inevitable destruction vince is inflicting


Last edited by Ben2 on 12 Apr 2018, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 17:31 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 11431
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
4000 home fans minimum in that case so looking at a crowd of 4500+ very positive and more than I expected.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 18:33 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
If you think CTFC were treated badly by FGR, look at their forthcoming game vs Chesterfield.

The Spirerites have been allocated just 524 tickets (all standing) for the game. 524!!

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... esterfield


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 18:53 
Offline

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:56
Posts: 4265
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Obviously, FGR don't care about half empty stadia....


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 21:59 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2012, 19:55
Posts: 761
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
If you think CTFC were treated badly by FGR, look at their forthcoming game vs Chesterfield.

The Spirerites have been allocated just 524 tickets (all standing) for the game. 524!!

https://www.forestgreenroversfc.com/new ... esterfield


:lol: :lol:


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 12 Apr 2018, 22:40 
Offline

Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 10:09
Posts: 814
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I’m looking forward to seeing what the quiz holds to enter the ‘home’ end for 5th May.

It’s funny whilst the incompetent idiots play at running a football club. But seriously - 5th May could be very ugly


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 02:56 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:26
Posts: 11725
Location: The Death Star.
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 0 time
Robin wrote:
4000 home fans minimum in that case so looking at a crowd of 4500+ very positive and more than I expected.


I was thinking that today, Robin. I would expect 4300\4500.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 07:54 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Be well over 5,000 if Mark Cooper does the right thing and announces he is starting Charlie Cooper. Young Charles is a Gloucestershire cult hero and the fans want to see him on the WR turf.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 08:58 
Offline

Joined: 31 Jul 2014, 21:15
Posts: 188
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
He wont subject Charlie to the 'venomous' attitude of the Whaddon Road cauldron. After all they are 'potentially a
bigger club than Cheltenham' and don't need to descend to our level. A defeat would 'tarnish the reputation of this great
club'. All quotes taken from their delusional forum.

Apparently they are now the 'Green devils', the old nick-name of 'Rovers' being a little bit old fashioned
from a marketing point of view. Similarly their club colours have been ditched in favour of green. If they
ever make their much vaunted move to Stonehouse they will be FGR in name only.

If any of them think Dale really does eat spinach and nut cutlets in the privacy of his own home
they are more gullible than they realise. He is a businessman - the biggest subsidy predator in the UK.
Sure, he's clued up on environmental issues but he's just playing the game. Once the green subsidies
are gone it's game over.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 09:12 
Offline

Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 17:51
Posts: 171
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
None of our fans use the "Green Devils" nickname, the vast majority think it's a load of s#!t. Quite a lot of our chants still include "black and white" references as well.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 09:29 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Chris FGR wrote:
None of our fans use the "Green Devils" nickname, the vast majority think it's a load of s#!t. Quite a lot of our chants still include "black and white" references as well.


I see some of your vindictive supporters are being swayed by Vince in their disrespect for the game and opponents. Posts calling for Chesterfield fans to be “reported to the relevant officials” for suggesting they may have to go in the home stands at TNL. If anyone should be reported it should be FGR for only providing 524 tickets (not much more than half the terrace) and no seating. It is just petty pathetic and nasty from FGR.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 09:36 
Offline

Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 17:51
Posts: 171
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

I see some of your vindictive supporters are being swayed by Vince in their disrespect for the game and opponents. Posts calling for Chesterfield fans to be “reported to the relevant officials” for suggesting they may have to go in the home stands at TNL. If anyone should be reported it should be FGR for only providing 524 tickets (not much more than half the terrace) and no seating. It is just petty pathetic and nasty from FGR.


Some? You mean one. I can only see one person saying that. A few more might be petty too, but the majority would have no problem with Chesterfield getting more tickets and better facilities.

Judging a fanbase on comments from one or two clowns on a forum is not accurate.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 10:02 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Chris FGR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

I see some of your vindictive supporters are being swayed by Vince in their disrespect for the game and opponents. Posts calling for Chesterfield fans to be “reported to the relevant officials” for suggesting they may have to go in the home stands at TNL. If anyone should be reported it should be FGR for only providing 524 tickets (not much more than half the terrace) and no seating. It is just petty pathetic and nasty from FGR.


Some? You mean one. I can only see one person saying that. A few more might be petty too, but the majority would have no problem with Chesterfield getting more tickets and better facilities.

Judging a fanbase on comments from one or two clowns on a forum is not accurate.


Didn’t see anyone else criticising or contradicting him though, so only assume tacit condoning.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 12:03 
Offline

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:56
Posts: 4265
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
drgm wrote:
He wont subject Charlie to the 'venomous' attitude of the Whaddon Road cauldron. After all they are 'potentially a
bigger club than Cheltenham' and don't need to descend to our level. A defeat would 'tarnish the reputation of this great
club'. All quotes taken from their delusional forum.

Apparently they are now the 'Green devils', the old nick-name of 'Rovers' being a little bit old fashioned
from a marketing point of view. Similarly their club colours have been ditched in favour of green. If they
ever make their much vaunted move to Stonehouse they will be FGR in name only.

If any of them think Dale really does eat spinach and nut cutlets in the privacy of his own home
they are more gullible than they realise. He is a businessman - the biggest subsidy predator in the UK.
Sure, he's clued up on environmental issues but he's just playing the game. Once the green subsidies
are gone it's game over.


If they move ground, they won't be FGR anymore. DV will have changed everything there is to change and it will be complete by changing the name.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 12:13 
Offline

Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 21:12
Posts: 787
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Why don't we run a competition suggesting a new name for (formerly) Forest Green Rovers for when they move to Stonehouse or wherever?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 12:19 
Offline

Joined: 16 Apr 2013, 14:06
Posts: 83
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I hope that bob hunt gets some stick tomorrow , he is a absolute Moran.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 12:20 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 11431
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Can't help but feel that decent fans such as Chris and Giraffe are getting the flack for one or two idiots (OTC etc.) and some of our fans are now lowering the bar a bit too low also.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 12:28 
Offline

Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 17:51
Posts: 171
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Blakey 9 wrote:
I hope that bob hunt gets some stick tomorrow , he is a absolute Moran.


You meant to say "he is an absolute moron" I take it?

He may well be in your opinion, however I would imagine his grammar and spelling are slightly better then yours. ;)


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 12:35 
Offline

Joined: 31 Jul 2014, 21:15
Posts: 188
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Athletico Biomass Green Subsidy City
'Athletico' and 'City' captures where their fanbase thinks they ought to be and the other
words reflect their source of income.

or

Free Ticket Town
-kind of reflects their swelling fanbase

or

The Little Club at the Top of the Hill United
-the lazy journalist's name of choice


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 12:43 
Offline

Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 17:51
Posts: 171
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
It wouldn't shock me if we dropped the "Forest" part of our name after moving. What's the point in being called Forest Green when we don't play in Forest Green? Might as well just be called Green Rovers. Would fit well with the company ethos etc. If we wanted to maintain the FGR aspect, maybe FC Green Rovers.

We'll still be Rovers so they'll think most fans will settle for it.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 6 of 8 [ 249 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: