Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




Author Message
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 12:57 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 9207
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
"The Rovers FC" would be fitting after moving.


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 13:19 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Eastington Turbinia FC

Junction 13 Rovers FC

M5 Rapid Charging Cluster (Southbound) FC

Concreted Over Fields Rovers

Middle of Nowhere United

Etc


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 14:03 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
FGR head goon speaks. Not OTC, but Cooper himself. http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/s ... est_Green/


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 14:08 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:20
Posts: 942
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Chris FGR wrote:
None of our fans use the "Green Devils" nickname, the vast majority think it's a load of s#!t. Quite a lot of our chants still include "black and white" references as well.

I cringe every time I see the words 'Green Devils'. Plastic corporate naffness forced onto a historic club along with a change of colours and all the other piffle inflicted by Vince and his cronies. Soul sold for a doughnut, I have genuine sympathy for the long-term supporters who must be worrying about where this will all end.

Glad to hear it isn't used by most of your support though I can think of one 'fan' who probably laps it up.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 14:56 
Offline

Joined: 31 Jul 2014, 21:15
Posts: 188
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Sprout Picker wrote:
Chris FGR wrote:
None of our fans use the "Green Devils" nickname, the vast majority think it's a load of s#!t. Quite a lot of our chants still include "black and white" references as well.

I cringe every time I see the words 'Green Devils'. Plastic corporate naffness forced onto a historic club along with a change of colours and all the other piffle inflicted by Vince and his cronies. Soul sold for a doughnut, I have genuine sympathy for the long-term supporters who must be worrying about where this will all end.

Glad to hear it isn't used by most of your support though I can think of one 'fan' who probably laps it up.


^This


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 18:01 
Offline

Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 10:09
Posts: 814
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
‘Circus-on-the-hill’ has a nice ring to it

‘The artist formerly known as FGR’?

Ecotricity F.C.?

Manchester United? FGR are bigger than the original but im not one to quibble ;)


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 18:08 
Offline

Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 10:09
Posts: 814
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
There’s a new winner of ‘Excuses not to go to Cheltenham...’ on their forum

Apparently some poor soul has a GL5 post code that when you add the 2 from the second part makes it look like he lives in Cheltenham. What a crisis!!

It makes me wonder how I’ve gone in the FGR end using my home address for the past couple of years? Must just be lucky I guess - I do feel for him/her though, that’s a real bind :lol:


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 18:46 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Ben2 wrote:
There’s a new winner of ‘Excuses not to go to Cheltenham...’ on their forum

Apparently some poor soul has a GL5 post code that when you add the 2 from the second part makes it look like he lives in Cheltenham. What a crisis!!

It makes me wonder how I’ve gone in the FGR end using my home address for the past couple of years? Must just be lucky I guess - I do feel for him/her though, that’s a real bind :lol:


Never known such a pathetic bunch.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 18:50 
Offline

Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 17:51
Posts: 171
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ben2 wrote:
There’s a new winner of ‘Excuses not to go to Cheltenham...’ on their forum

Apparently some poor soul has a GL5 post code that when you add the 2 from the second part makes it look like he lives in Cheltenham. What a crisis!!

It makes me wonder how I’ve gone in the FGR end using my home address for the past couple of years? Must just be lucky I guess - I do feel for him/her though, that’s a real bind :lol:


Never known such a pathetic bunch.


Don't worry, the majority of our proper fans have got tickets, and will be there making noise. I had to try a few times to get through, but honestly who gives a f#!$? If you wanted to get a ticket, it wasn't impossible.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 18:57 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
And coming armed: http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 3ec398fe1a


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 19:31 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 11431
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Haha who in their right mind takes balloons to a football match apart from young kids!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 19:35 
Offline

Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 10:09
Posts: 814
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
It is a first for me - I honestly don’t know what to say.

Balloons?

Balloons?

Balloons?

Actual balloons?

Balloons?

As in, inflatable plastic things?

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

I quit football if this is where it’s going. Hahahahaha

Balloons though

Just think it through:

‘Alright monty? Going to football on Saturday?’

‘Yep’

‘Cool. Going to pub before?’

‘Nope’

‘Aw, why not?’

‘Got the balloons to blow ain’t I?’

Absolute laughing stock of the national game


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 20:34 
Offline

Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 17:51
Posts: 171
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Seen balloons at plenty of grounds, tbf. It's nothing new.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 20:58 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 10:11
Posts: 1300
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Eastington Turbinia FC

Junction 13 Rovers FC

M5 Rapid Charging Cluster (Southbound) FC

Concreted Over Fields Rovers

Middle of Nowhere United

Etc

Gloucester Green will be suitable when they combine forces with glos. to try to form a club with some credibility but no realistic prospects.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 21:04 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 10:11
Posts: 1300
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Robin wrote:
Haha who in their right mind takes balloons to a football match apart from young kids!

I know who will be inflating them ? that senile wind-bag o.t.c.If they burst beware of foul air !


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 21:58 
Offline

Joined: 15 Aug 2011, 17:40
Posts: 378
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I simply do not understand the logic behind the "we won't be selling tickets to FGR fans on the day" statement by the club.

Firstly, there are hundreds of tickets left so why not. Secondly, I have never been a (not sold out) game and found the turnstiles closed. Clubs say this, but it usually turns out to be bullcrap. Pound to a penny there will be a cash turnstile open for the Hazelwoods tomorrow. So, why say there won't be?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 22:31 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:20
Posts: 942
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Ben2 wrote:
It is a first for me - I honestly don’t know what to say.

Balloons?

Balloons?

Balloons?

Actual balloons?

Balloons?

As in, inflatable plastic things?

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha

I quit football if this is where it’s going. Hahahahaha

Balloons though

Just think it through:

‘Alright monty? Going to football on Saturday?’

‘Yep’

‘Cool. Going to pub before?’

‘Nope’

‘Aw, why not?’

‘Got the balloons to blow ain’t I?’

Absolute laughing stock of the national game

I wonder if they'll bring a foam hand as well. :lol:


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018, 22:32 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Jerry St Clair wrote:
I simply do not understand the logic behind the "we won't be selling tickets to FGR fans on the day" statement by the club.

Firstly, there are hundreds of tickets left so why not. Secondly, I have never been a (not sold out) game and found the turnstiles closed. Clubs say this, but it usually turns out to be bullcrap. Pound to a penny there will be a cash turnstile open for the Hazelwoods tomorrow. So, why say there won't be?


F*ck em. They treat every club’s away fans like second class scum and won’t change. No point taking the moral high ground any more. At least they are getting a roof, seats and plumbed toilets.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 10:06 
Offline

Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:49
Posts: 602
Location: Stroud
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Haven't had chance to check out all the latest FGR love letters on this site but I will offer a genuine 'lets have a good game' to all attending match.

Must go and get ready for coach.
See all of you at game.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 10:53 
Offline

Joined: 02 Feb 2016, 18:47
Posts: 157
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Chris FGR wrote:
It wouldn't shock me if we dropped the "Forest" part of our name after moving. What's the point in being called Forest Green when we don't play in Forest Green? Might as well just be called Green Rovers. Would fit well with the company ethos etc. If we wanted to maintain the FGR aspect, maybe FC Green Rovers.

We'll still be Rovers so they'll think most fans will settle for it.


Sadly, most fans will settle for it. But that will be it for me. The end.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 10:54 
Offline

Joined: 02 Feb 2016, 18:47
Posts: 157
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
The Old TomCat wrote:
Haven't had chance to check out all the latest FGR love letters on this site but I will offer a genuine 'lets have a good game' to all attending match.

Must go and get ready for coach.
See all of you at game.


Coach? Surely it's cheaper to drive or use public transport!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 11:48 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 13:55
Posts: 435
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Should use his bus pass, or can the demented old fool not find it.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 11:59 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
kora wrote:
Should use his bus pass, or can the demented old fool not find it.


He probably told them he was eligible for one but then ignored all requests to provide required proof of age etc.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 13:35 
Offline

Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 10:09
Posts: 814
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Horribly sad to see Forest Green’s hooligans have brought their own petulant brand of misbehaviour to our beautiful town. To think we’ve hosted milwall, Leeds, Bristol rovers, and it’s these who ruin it for everyone

At least that’s that for the season. The deduction of points will confirm their relegation


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 15:38 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Ben2 wrote:
Horribly sad to see Forest Green’s hooligans have brought their own petulant brand of misbehaviour to our beautiful town. To think we’ve hosted milwall, Leeds, Bristol rovers, and it’s these who ruin it for everyone

At least that’s that for the season. The deduction of points will confirm their relegation


Just seen the police statement. Seems that some FGR kids in balaclava tried to smash up the Prom, throwing green smoke bombs around.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 15:56 
Offline

Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 10:09
Posts: 814
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Horrible to see. I may give up this game I love if these entitled hooligans ruin it

So sad. So vince.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 15:57 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17500
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Ben2 wrote:
Horrible to see. I may give up this game I love if these entitled hooligans ruin it

So sad. So vince.


Probably hired muscle by Vince.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018, 23:14 
Offline

Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 17:51
Posts: 171
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Chris FGR wrote:
Ralph wrote:
500 to a local derby is c!#p. It's really embarrassing


It'll be more then that. Probably aound 700 I would expect. Which is still poor.

The way our club are making it hard to actually buy tickets isn't helping, no online sales and hard to get through to anyone on the phone. Took me a few attempts.


Robin wrote:
Chris another 200 on the last day sounds very unrealistic to me, in all honesty our club should lift the all ticket for away fans restriction because you were never going to sell that anyway.


So I was roughly right then, 765 in the end. Still not brilliant,but similar to what we had at Swindon which wasn't all ticket. Would like to think if the club had allowed online sales we might have got more.

You never know maybe we'll sell out our allocation next year? ;)


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 17:14 
Offline

Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:49
Posts: 602
Location: Stroud
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
kora wrote:
Should use his bus pass, or can the demented old fool not find it.

Supporter's Coach to match but I could have almost floated home after FGR away win. :lol:


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 18:50 
Offline

Joined: 02 Feb 2016, 18:47
Posts: 157
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Ben2 wrote:
Horrible to see. I may give up this game I love if these entitled hooligans ruin it

So sad. So vince.


What's funny is that you've your own set of them.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 19:15 
Offline

Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:49
Posts: 602
Location: Stroud
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Great day for FGR yesterday with an away win that virtually assures them of EFL next season.
Not surprised that Cheltenham supporters were upset. Any team would be upset at losing to their local rivals.

Obviously I'm still on a high and getting two pathetic and amusing PMs from well know members of the Robin's Nest won't spoil my good mood.

I presume both were written while they were under the influence of depression.
I will reply below on open forum because the PMs are so silly.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 19:17 
Offline

Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:49
Posts: 602
Location: Stroud
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
First PM from RCS who wrote:
Any sources for your facts about Paul Baker? I will be offering legal support to Paul Baker if he wants to take it further, so would be easiest for all if you responded to the requests to state your sources and evidence.

RCS,


My reply:

I am not in the least bothered if you offer legal advice to Baker.

Remind him that it was you who brought up his name in conversation. Law would say that you have acted as agent provocateur.
And also remind him that it was he who first wrote in the Cheltenham programme about his visit to TNL. Remind him that he did not include all the facts which in law is deemed less than truthful or
to put put it another way a falsehood.

My souses of information are impeccable ie Wikipedia plus an important VIP in TNL boardroom when Baker disrespected FGR.

I was unaware that he was a football referee which I wrote at time.

I’m sure reason for your PM is that I’ve shot your fox when I successfully challenged your opinions reference the merits of Dale Vince OBE and Paul Baker as respective chairmen of the two Gloucestershire league teams.

I’ll withdraw comment about Baker’s first wife being peeved off that Baker spent all his spare time and money at club although I suspect it is more than probable true.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 19:21 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2012, 19:55
Posts: 761
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Can we close this nonsense down please.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 19:22 
Offline

Joined: 03 Aug 2012, 13:49
Posts: 602
Location: Stroud
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
2nd PM from Ralph who wrote:

OTC, please take this PM as your one and only warning.
There are to be no more posts with your ridiculous comments that you make, no more racist posts, no more abusing CTFC fans and no more comments about Paul Baker or his wife on our forum.
You do it one more time and you get banned until the end of the season.
You do it one more time after that and I will turn off your opportunity to post on our forum.
We have too many complaints about you now.

Posting on the Robins Nest is a privilege, not a right. We grant you that privilege which is way more than is offered to us on your FGR forum

Please take this as your one and only warning.

Thanks

Ralph


My reply:

Ralph I say to you ‘go chew a brick’.
You lost your poll to get me banned BIG TIME and seeming you’re not content to graciously accept defeat you and are trying to save face by other means.
Should the real people in charge of Robin’s Nest (your bosses) check out your contemptible, confrontational, scandalous and untrue posts to and about me, you’d be immediately banned. They are disgraceful.
And I’ll remind all on this forum that I have been a member since August 2012 and was poodleing along quietly under the radar when YOU Ralph asked a leading question in a pseudo friendly fashion. I gave an honest answer upon which you immediately went overboard in condemning me for stating an unpalatable truth.

Anyway I have had messages from the real people in control of RN and they state they are aware that I have been seriously and serially abused by people like you. I was complimented for having a strong back in taking it without recourse to fight back.

And Ralph don’t state falsehoods. I have never written any racist comments whatsoever on this or any other forum in my life.
I could have called Lord Elpuz ‘a moaning Minnie’ for complaining about TNL but chose to be polite and used current term ‘snowflake’. I have nothing to apologise for and neither does anybody have reason to complain.
And if Paul Baker tells an untruth I will alert all on Robin’s Nest of truth. (Read my post to RCS reference Baker’s wife, although I suspect Baker will agree with what I have written).

BTW ElGosico yesterday ended with an away win for FGR.
I suspect that is real reason for your daft PM.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: FGR
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 19:22 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2012, 19:55
Posts: 761
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
lock this thread down.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 7 of 8 [ 249 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Johnsons Red Army and 9 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: