FGR

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ihearye
Careful OTC, better lawyer up, some of your comments are straying into libel land. Not that it wouldn't amuse me to see it go down that route
Red Duke
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Baker is a football man. Vince isn’t.
Researching this reply I came across the fascinating fact that Cheltenham are more likely to become insolvent and fall down to Conference football than ever FGR..
Please provide your source for this fact.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
Researching this reply I came across the fascinating fact that Cheltenham are more likely to become insolvent and fall down to Conference football than ever FGR..
Please provide your source for this fact.
He’ll ignore or evade your question Red Duke.
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote: Is the way you have addressed me a deliberate racist slur? Please desist if so.

One Burco Boiler for 1,000 visiting fans, with NO backup, not even a basic kettle? Tin pot club. You don’t even mention the 3rd world sanitation without any running water. It was a health hazard, as were the part frozen ‘shallow-fried’ onion balls. As for the tent “being on a par to many indoor supporter’s bars” are you serious??????? Have you even inspected it? Your away fans ‘bar’ is a tiny makeshift opening under one of the stands, dirty and dank, with piles of rubbish and what looks like homeless people’s blankets piled up at each end. It should be closed down by Health Inspectors inoculated against Typhoid, Ebola and the Plague.

You have surpassed yourself this time Old Turd Clot, like a haemorrhoid, a pain in the @rse with your sycophantic adulation of your superannuated hippie. When you finally wake up you will realise what a hopeless mess it has become.
Dear snowflake,
The term "snowflake generation" was one of Collins Dictionary's 2016 words of the year. Collins defines the term as "the young adults of the 2010s, viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking offence than previous generations".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowflake_(slang" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Your reply certainly indicates I was not wrong in addressing you as such.
You really are a tiresome, tortured and deluded Forum stalker, Old Turd Clot. As the self-appointed defender of the FGR propaganda machine, you would have been better placed serving Peek Freans because you really take the biscuit. You did not refer to me as a member of any “generation” in your original insult, and so the definition you clearly intended, stands thus: “During the 1970s, snowflake was used as a derogatory term for white or black people who were perceived as acting white.“

I am somewhat bemused by your assumption that I may be a young adult of the 2010’s. I can assure you I am not. But whereas I have been able to move with the Times, your ability to provide accurate analysis on facts and figures is still mired in something akin to the intellectual capacity of The Daily Star.

And as you failed to provide your usual defensive propaganda piece for the health hazards I have listed, I shall take that as your admission to the disgustingly inappropriate treatment of Cheltenham fans at TNL last November.
Shade
The Old TomCat wrote:
Your comment gave me chance to check your words and to be frank they do not stack up and in fact Dale Vince OBE is by far a better overall football man than Paul Baker.
Paul Baker is solely Cheltenham Town FC.

Your comment could equally apply to other chairman such as Roman Abramovich [Russian chairman of Chelsea the Premiership title holders] or Stanley Kroenke [American chairman of Arsenal current FA Cup holders]. Just two high profile examples of dozens of other who came into English football later in their business career, such as Dale Vince.

Both PB & DV have had businesses outside football and I’m pretty certain neither man has ever played professional football. I don’t know about PB but I know DV played amateur football as a youth.
Therefore neither man has been indoctrinated into football from youth but naturally developed a love of the game.

I must admit I do admire PB for his dedication to CTFC, very much so. I leant from one of his family friends that when married to his former wife he exasperated her by spending all his spare cash/time on the club rather than on themselves. She would have loved to have taken a world cruise but there was never money/time for them do it even though she had a very high profile and well paid job.

PB’s football outlook is very insular and only devoted towards his own club whereas DV has a much wider vision in footballing matters. DV’s companies has in the past sponsored Shortwood Town FC & I also believe Bishop Cleeve FC.
DV is a visionary in he has changed the thinking and eating habits of thousands of professional athletes (including footballers) for the better by educating them of the benefits of veganism.
DV has insisted that TNL is as environmental friendly as is possible. Now other clubs come to FGR for advice.
DV is always being interviewed as chairman of FGR by national and international newspapers. I doubt if anybody outside Cheltenhamshire has ever heard of PB. Therefore DV has done more to publicise English football in a short period of time than PB has ever done in his lifetime.

Researching this reply I came across the fascinating fact that Cheltenham are more likely to become insolvent and fall down to Conference football than ever FGR. When PB is finished with club for whatever reason, be it death from old age, there does not appear to be a ready made successor. He has subsidised the club for decades and cannot find another wealthy benefactor despite repeated asking. I suppose nobody wants to digs their hand into their pocket when there are so many more popular sports in Cheltenham area such as Rugby (more Gloucester shirts worn in Cheltenham than for CTFC) or Horse Racing.
Stroud [FGR] does not have those distractions.
And PB is a lot older than DV who has made contingency plans for the club’s future.
This is the reason there is so much bandwidth dedicated to FGR on this forum. OTC's absolute balls/trolling just ends up getting an ever-increasingly silly number of replies and extends this thread to yet another page. He doesn't deal in actual facts, just very loose ones, which leads to "debate" that makes the RNF posters look, apparently, obsessed with FGR, when we should really just post 100 :lol: :lol: :lol: and leave him to the fantasy world in which he lives (along with a select few other FGR fans, from the look of their forum).
Robin
We need OTC to focus on FGR away support given they still have half the tickets we gave them for Saturday to sell.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Just ban the deluded, racist, libellous OTC and all this nonsense will stop.
Ralph
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Just ban the deluded, racist, libellous OTC and all this nonsense will stop.
I'm in agreement with this. I've had enough of his BS. He was funny for a while with his delusional ramblings but now has started insulting posters like Lord Elpuz and yesterday Jerrry StClair. (Hope I have user name spelt right) insinuating he was a child.

OTC any final request before your time here ends?
drgm
I don't mind fans of other clubs coming on here as long as we can have a bit of banter. I'm quite happy
for someone to take the p*** as long as it's funny. A little bit of wit and humour goes a long way.
We used to have a couple of Gloucester boys on here who were pretty funny but sadly they don't post now.

I'm sorry but OTC does not fall into that category. His saving grace is that he makes most of us on here
feel intelligent but even that's wearing thin. He has no grasp of facts or numbers (he claims never to have been
a fan of the Robins but admits to attending Whaddon Road on a regular basis).

I suspect his loyalty can easily be bought. I suspect he swapped his Cheltenham season ticket for a FGR one
when Dale was using his wealth to steal supporters off other clubs.

OTC You are the weakest link -goodbye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Just ban the deluded, racist, libellous OTC and all this nonsense will stop.
I'm in agreement with this. I've had enough of his BS. He was funny for a while with his delusional ramblings but now has started insulting posters like Lord Elpuz and yesterday Jerrry StClair. (Hope I have user name spelt right) insinuating he was a child.

OTC any final request before your time here ends?
Don’t forget his claims about Paul Baker’s wife.
Ralph
I won't. His comments just crazier and more stupid by the day. I'll give him the courtesy of some final ramblings and then he's gone
Sprout Picker
The Old TomCat wrote:
PB’s football outlook is very insular and only devoted towards his own club whereas DV has a much wider vision in footballing matters. DV’s companies has in the past sponsored Shortwood Town FC & I also believe Bishop Cleeve FC.
Is Vince a turn coat as well then?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
Jerry St Clair
Ralph wrote:I won't. His comments just crazier and more stupid by the day. I'll give him the courtesy of some final ramblings and then he's gone
Has OTC actually broken any board rules? And is he being sanctioned as fairly as a CTFC supporter would making similar comments?

Banning people should be an absolute last resort and only for clear breaches of board rules. I hope OTC isn't for the chop simply because people don't like him.
Red&WhiteArmy
Making extremely sensitive comments and wild claims about our club chairman's private and personal life is say is more than enough reason to ban the twat!! Get rid of him please. He's a real stain on this quality of this message board :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ralph
Jerry St Clair wrote:
Ralph wrote:I won't. His comments just crazier and more stupid by the day. I'll give him the courtesy of some final ramblings and then he's gone
Has OTC actually broken any board rules? And is he being sanctioned as fairly as a CTFC supporter would making similar comments?

Banning people should be an absolute last resort and only for clear breaches of board rules. I hope OTC isn't for the chop simply because people don't like him.
Racism,
Attacking PB's wife
Posting comment about you
He's outstayed his welcome
We are not given the opportunity to go to their forum so why should we have to put up with him as DV's mouthpiece.
People have had enough of him. When you want to contribute to another teams board on a regular basis, you should have a little bit of respect. He has zero and just posts lie after lie..
Red Duke
For me, I enjoy reading his stuff. Most of it absolute rubbish, normally based on guesswork, hearsay and complete fantasy. However he did use the word "fact" based on his "research" in one of his recent posts.

So before banning him, let him reveal his sources for the "facts" about CTFC.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:For me, I enjoy reading his stuff. Most of it absolute rubbish, normally based on guesswork, hearsay and complete fantasy. However he did use the word "fact" based on his "research" in one of his recent posts.

So before banning him, let him reveal his sources for the "facts" about CTFC.
Be a first for him to give a straight up answer to a direct question. But agree, if his research uncovered facts we should welcome him sharing them. If he refuses then we are entitled to call him a lying bullshyster.
asl
We let several other posters pedal lies, misinformation and general bullshit on here without adequate meaningful, reference sources. We haven't banned Mal yet, so why should we ban OTC?
Ralph
good point :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:We let several other posters pedal lies, misinformation and general bullshit on here without adequate meaningful, reference sources. We haven't banned Mal yet, so why should we ban OTC?
Mal is part of the family, OTC is a guest. Same way if your dad farts in your living room and gets mud on the carpet it is more acceptable and funny than if a visitor you invited in (say a salesman) did.

He is taking liberties and as others have pointed out risking libel action by making allegations about Mr Baker’s personal finances and his wife.
Shade
Correct me if I'm wrong but Mal has been banned at least once in the past.
Ralph
Shade wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but Mal has been banned at least once in the past.
yes he has
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but Mal has been banned at least once in the past.
As have I!
horlickfanclub
Correction of OTC "facts".

Paul Baker played football (and is a qualified Referee).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Correction of OTC "facts".

Paul Baker played football (and is a qualified Referee).
If such a basic fact is wrong then god knows what evidence he has for what he was saying about CTFC will go bust without PB or about his marriage.

Red Duke has asked for the source. Will OTC provide?
Red Duke
asl wrote:We let several other posters pedal lies, misinformation and general bullshit on here without adequate meaningful, reference sources. We haven't banned Mal yet, so why should we ban OTC?
but Mal often provides a link to the source of his material whereas OTC and his research does not.
kora
Don't think I want Mal farting in my house, that large body would hold a lot of gas. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ralph
500 to a local derby is c!#p. It's really embarrassing
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:500 to a local derby is c!#p. It's really embarrassing
Indoor plumbed toilets at football obviously too much for them to handle.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Home seating areas selling fast. Limited availability left according to the official club website this afternoon: https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/april/ti ... r-on-sale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris FGR
It'll be more then that. Probably aound 700 I would expect. Which is still poor.

The way our club are making it hard to actually buy tickets isn't helping, no online sales and hard to get through to anyone on the phone. Took me a few attempts.
Robin
Chris another 200 on the last day sounds very unrealistic to me, in all honesty our club should lift the all ticket for away fans restriction because you were never going to sell that anyway.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:
It'll be more then that. Probably aound 700 I would expect. Which is still poor.

The way our club are making it hard to actually buy tickets isn't helping, no online sales and hard to get through to anyone on the phone. Took me a few attempts.
Par for the course given the litany of ‘FGR deliberately making it hard for fans’ stories.

Given our seats are selling out I think CTFC should open up one end of the Hazlewoods next to the Colin Farmer for home fans.
Last edited by RegencyCheltenhamSpa on 12 Apr 2018, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Home seating areas selling fast. Limited availability left according to the official club website this afternoon: https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/april/ti ... r-on-sale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, had a look last week to get one of the seats near me for a mate and they'd already all sold. The whole block had about 75% sold, whereas it's normally somewhere around 40% before a match, I'd guess.
Robin
4000 home fans minimum in that case so looking at a crowd of 4500+ very positive and more than I expected.