On course for a new deal

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/SellarsFuture" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
The lad has potential but isn't yet ready to be a regular starter, I'd give him another year myself he could make us a lot of money if it all comes together.
vickeryc
Agree. As Gary rightly says, if Jerrell can work harder when he hasn't got the ball, as well as improve his finishing/ final ball, he's potentially a great prospect. He's arguably our most skilful player when in possession.
There's a lot of work to do getting players' contracts extended, starting with Winnie, Boyle, Ilias, Morrell, Adebayou, Andrews and, possibly, Odelusi and Cranston.
horlickfanclub
Ilias,Andrews ,Adebayo and Morrell are not our players. :roll:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Adebayo had his contract extended in January, until the end of 2019. By his club Fulham.

A lot will come down to whether they get promoted and if / how much for Sessegnon is sold.

I guess if City pull off a miracle and get to the play-offs and somehow stop Fulham or Villa they will have similar decisions about whether to keep Morrell and Moore etc.
asl
vickeryc wrote:He's arguably our most skilful player when in possession.
I don't disagree. However, it's when he tries to hand off possession to a team-mate that we realise his shortcomings. If he could cross, he'd be in the Championship - unfortunately, his only tactic seems to be to bring the ball inside until he runs out of room and gets outmuscled by a defender.
Shade
asl wrote:
vickeryc wrote:He's arguably our most skilful player when in possession.
I don't disagree. However, it's when he tries to hand off possession to a team-mate that we realise his shortcomings. If he could cross, he'd be in the Championship - unfortunately, his only tactic seems to be to bring the ball inside until he runs out of room and gets outmuscled by a defender.
He does regularly find a teammate, but usually it's a little pass backwards or sideways. He rarely comes up with a final killer pass or cross, or goal. It's obvious that and his play off the ball is what GJ wants to work on and improve. If he can, then he will be quite a player.
horlickfanclub
He hasn't improved much.I'd let him go and get a pucka left sider.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:He hasn't improved much.I'd let him go and get a pucka left sider.
Though of course we need two in each position to have a complete and competitive squad so no harm in keeping Sellars as back-up to A. Pucka. Chance to make an impact from the bench or when needed to start and show how much he has or hasn’t improved as time goes on.
vickeryc
horlickfanclub wrote:Ilias,Andrews ,Adebayo and Morrell are not our players. :roll:
Obviously :roll: but that doesn't mean Gary couldn't make an approach - even if it's just for an extended loan.