Trialist impresses again

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
In friendly win: http://bit.ly/BarkerAssists" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
We must be seriously looking at this lad given he's now played three reserve games for us, will we need to pay Orient a fee to get him?
kora
Orient have told him he's not being offered a contract, so probably not.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Wonder who his agent is.
hEaLeR
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Wonder who his agent is.
D&S Sports Management. Same as Mo.

When he played for the reserves at home recently he did quite well. Very much in the mould of Jack Munns, slight player who’s creative from centre midfield.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
hEaLeR wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Wonder who his agent is.
D&S Sports Management. Same as Mo.

When he played for the reserves at home recently he did quite well. Very much in the mould of Jack Munns, slight player who’s creative from centre midfield.
Interesting - wonder how many other players we have from D&S (Dimitri and Savvaki, brothers) and how much of our £33k spend went their way.
Robin
Am I the only one wondering we are looking at players being released by struggling teams in the league below?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Am I the only one wondering we are looking at players being released by struggling teams in the league below?
See my original question several posts up.
Shade
Maybe Leyton Orient aren't offering him a new contract because they can't afford to keep him as they're a shower of s#!t? They probably have to cut back even further, I'd imagine, given their awful showing this season.
horlickfanclub
Leyton Orient have greater resources than us now. Do we really need a tiny midfielder? Is he better than Thomas that we have invested in? He is currently performing on loan at a similar level. I doubt he meets the " must get us promotion" requirement so it all seems a bit strange.
Oldun
Nige came from there didn't he? Another stroke of genius from GJ and/or PJ
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Leyton Orient have greater resources than us now. Do we really need a tiny midfielder? Is he better than Thomas that we have invested in? He is currently performing on loan at a similar level. I doubt he meets the " must get us promotion" requirement so it all seems a bit strange.
What position does he play and what position does Thomas play?

If we lose Morrell and Winchester how many midfielders will we have?
Robin
horlickfanclub wrote:Leyton Orient have greater resources than us now. Do we really need a tiny midfielder? Is he better than Thomas that we have invested in? He is currently performing on loan at a similar level. I doubt he meets the " must get us promotion" requirement so it all seems a bit strange.
Do they really after the parachute payments run out? Has this lad been featuring for them? My point is if he was good surely they would want a fee, it all feels strange unless he's one for the future.
horlickfanclub
Donut man has put in plenty. The supporter who won £9 mill .on the lottery said the club didn't need his cash.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
There was a piece on Orient in the FT a few weeks before Easter. Found the link for those who missed it at the time:

https://www.ft.com/content/adc57bb2-1d5 ... db76e69936" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
horlickfanclub wrote:Donut man has put in plenty. The supporter who won £9 mill .on the lottery said the club didn't need his cash.
Did he? I'm pretty sure he said that he wouldn't be throwing his money away by investing in the club because he's seen what's happened to the owners cash, but he would consider sponsorship.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:Donut man has put in plenty. The supporter who won £9 mill .on the lottery said the club didn't need his cash.
Did he? I'm pretty sure he said that he wouldn't be throwing his money away by investing in the club because he's seen what's happened to the owners cash, but he would consider sponsorship.
See my link above. Donut Man’s money is from Texan Man who seems happy to put in a lot but not too much with no expectation of a return.
Shade
Can't read your link above, it seems to be behind a paywall.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Can't read your link above, it seems to be behind a paywall.
So it is - wasn’t when I accessed before, so apols.