Tomorrow

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

longmover
Lets face it the real action is at the bottom of the table, Grimdo v Chesterfield and Barnet v FGR, could be very interesting come 5pm tomorrow
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chesterfield win and Barnet win would be best in terms of keeping the bottom feeder battle live until the end. FGR and Grimsby win and it’s close to over.
Malabus
I dislike the cheats, but UP THE SPIREITES!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
All the best for Martin James Allen today. You can do it!! ‘mon the Bees!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Barnet 1 - 0 FGR.

Cod win sends FGR third bottom.

Chesterfield play two games (Tuesday and Saturday 1pm) before we play FGR...who could come to WR level on points with Chesterfield. Bang a few in and we could send them into the bottom two on goal difference!

Grimsby vs Barnet next week!! Hope the crowd cheers when a Bees win announced on the tannoy to rub salt in Coopers wounds.
Shade
Shame that Grimsby finally won. I actually thought I was going to get the dream scenario of Grimsby and FGR going down.
Ralph
Chesterfield go to FGR week after next i think .. still hoping. We need to beat them good on Sat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ralph wrote:Chesterfield go to FGR week after next i think .. still hoping. We need to beat them good on Sat
Hopefully we send them into the bottom two. Smash ‘em.
Mike1953
Really looking forward to our game with FGR and hope that both teams play well and CTFC
emerge victorious.
But, I, for one, hope that our neighbours FGR, are not relegated. Having watched numerous clips on UTube of their performances over months, they appear to be a decent enough team who can play good football.
On a wider point, surely it is good for our county to have two teams in division 2 of the football league
and for CTFC to have a local rival.
There is a dire need to redress the North/South balance and get more worthy teams from the south, southwest into the 4th tier and beyond.
CTFCfan99
I'd rather FGR stayed up just so long as we're consistently better than them. Grimsby and Chesterfield would be my ideal two to go down although think Grimsby will just about be alright.
Shade
Trouble is, with the money Vince throws at it it's only a matter of time before they actually get up the table and are finishing higher.
Robin
Mike1953 wrote:Really looking forward to our game with FGR and hope that both teams play well and CTFC
emerge victorious.
But, I, for one, hope that our neighbours FGR, are not relegated. Having watched numerous clips on UTube of their performances over months, they appear to be a decent enough team who can play good football.
On a wider point, surely it is good for our county to have two teams in division 2 of the football league
There is a dire need to redress the North/South balance and get more worthy teams from the south, southwest into the 4th tier and beyond.
Are Swindon not a local rival? FGR is a tinpot club hardly on the same level as CTFC.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mike1953 wrote:Really looking forward to our game with FGR and hope that both teams play well and CTFC
emerge victorious.
Completely agree and with the need for Gloucestershire to have more clubs in the League and for the South and West to have more full stop. I would absolutely love FGR and Gloucester City to be in the League and and Torquay, Poole Town, Cirencester, Salisbury etc to all rise a few divisions.

Just a few years ago I was rooting for FGR to survive in the Conference and get to the League. I am an Ecotricity customer and I support FGRs social and environmental agenda; before I saw the hypocrisy of Vince and the sheer disregard he has for other human beings. Away fans at TNL we’re treated at best like an inconvenience and at worst like s#!t on a shoe. Then the insults and slurs against PB - a man who runs a financially sustainable club. Throw-in the Cooper factor and his disdain for the fans.

As a proud son of Gloucestershire I am ashamed and embarrassed that the unsavoury and disrespectful antics at FGR are associated with our County.

IF Vince loses his hypocrisy, issues a new culpa and shows the game and fans the respect they deserve as fellow human beings and League Two stakeholders then I will welcome them gladly to the EFL and wish FGR success.

With his current attitude however, I cannot understand how anyone who supports football, and especially anyone with pride in Gloucestershire and the County’s values can accept FGR’s existence in the EFL.
theidlerich
There are better energy providers and cheaper than Ecotricity....when changing from Npower rip-off merchants looked and compared long and hard; Ecotricty were one such company, but knowledge of V gave it the thumbs down.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:There are better energy providers and cheaper than Ecotricity....when changing from Npower rip-off merchants looked and compared long and hard; Ecotricty were one such company, but knowledge of V gave it the thumbs down.
I like Vince on the whole apart from his football attitude. And I buy Glos whenever I can; if there is a renewable energy based in Glos who can provide to Tyneside I may investigate switching.
theidlerich
RGS ...your quote - "I like Vince on the whole apart from his football attitude. And I buy Glos whenever I can; if there is a renewable energy based in Glos who can provide to Tyneside I may investigate switching."

Ovo energy - Bristol based - sort of ex Glos!!
I recall his treatment of his ex-wife and daughter...petulant, selfish and ungentlemanly - enough said.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Thanks IdleRich.

Will check them out. One day the West (the full extent from Minehead to Hereford, reclaiming Monmouthshire will be an independent region so I should support Ovo. I have seen them advertised at Nevil Rd, second home of WG, so should reward them for that too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No need to change the thread title. Saturday comes tomorrow.

Barnet travel to Grimsby in a must win fixture. I am backing Martin James Allen’s Bees! Come on Barnet!!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Barnet come from behind to lead 2-1! (Edit:2-2 now).

They were up for it. Shame we weren’t.

Apologies to Barnet from all CTFC fans - our manager and players let you down today.
Shade
Or maybe we're f#!$ over Allen the way he nearly f#!$ us over.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mad Dog at home today. With Cod away from home the Bees could come within two points of safety with two to play.

Chesterfield could be relegated today and it is Doidge vs Dennis at the New Lawn. Whilst a win would do not much more than delay the inevitable for Chesterfield, it would keep FGR “in the mix” if Barnet do get three points.

Could still go to the last day. The best scenario would be a buzzing bees beating already relegated Chesterfield on the last day, meaning a win or relegation head to head between FGR and Cod at TNL. CTFC fans could go and celebrate which ever team goes down!!