Cheltenham Town v Morecambe

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/vMorecambeH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jon Palmer
Three changes: http://bit.ly/vMorecambeH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
George Lloyd knew my father. father knew George Lloyd
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Send Ellison and Bentley home defeated.
Robin
The first thirty minutes was the worst we've been since the cup debacle. The team lacked any real sort of cohesion, Eisa isolated, Pell lost on the wing, Big Nige well off his game, Moore/Grimes their usual selves at the back looking to gift the opposition a goal. Second half we worked out how bad Morecambe were and good have won by four or five in the end.

Ilias was the highlight for me, followed by Boyle and a solid debut from Lloyd who I hope next season can make a slot on the bench his own once he bulks up a bit. Felt we missed Odelusi and Adebajo today, sort of players who are needed in this team when up against a big physical and direct opposition.
Malabus
Still think we need to play 4-4-2 at home and much needed support for Eisa.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Shade
I'd like to know if there has ever been a match before where the captains for both sides have been wearing the shirt number 24. Can't be more than a couple, if ever.

Special shout out for another incompetant, inconsistent ref though.
asl
Flinders captain ahead of Pell - didn't he start the season with the arm-band?
Shade
He and Grimes play better without the armband and can lead without the pressure of it.
theidlerich
Pleased for Sellars for his goal, huge deflection but a strong shot. How we weren’t two down after the first few minutes I’ll never know, but slowly we got into the game. Injuries saw a team not used to this formation or shape; crosses going haywire, passing seemed to be an afterthought. However they gelled eventually; my mom would have been Boyle, thought he was immense; with Illias, Flinders [magnificent save too] with Atanga not far behind. No-one played badly, but thought Morrell and Pell slightly off form. Eisa never received a decent pass; his free kick was so close too. Good to see Lloyd get some game time, again he grew in stature as the game progressed. Radon looks good and competent. Referee very inconsistent; strange allowing a 20m gain for throw-ins if in a yellow shirt though; the lino T&B side missed a clear off-side by only 3 or 4 meters , specsavers recommended by quite a few! At last a home game ending with a smile.
longmover
Like time wasting the creeping forward for throw ins has got to be punished, players don't even try to hide to now and ref's do nothing at all.
asl
longmover wrote:the creeping forward for throw ins has got to be punished, players don't even try to hide to now and ref's do nothing at all.
If they did, and it was one of our players who got punished, everyone would scream "pedantic!" at the ref. Which is strange, given that the moment an opponent moves more than 2" further down the line for that reason, those same fans are shouting "get back! Where does he think he's going, ref?!"
longmover
All players do it just seems to be accepted now