Coventry

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Cov1
Robin wrote:I'm sorry about this Cov1 but we are really hamstrung until we can get our new stand built and increase the capacity for bigger away followings. All things considered we could easilly give you the canteen and Paddock terraces (extra 600 or so) with minimal impact to our fans I really don't get why we haven't done this other than potential issues in the car park afterwards.
Guess it will be the usual safety committee nonsense etc but knowing how we can travel not giving a bigger allocation could in itself cause problems. The risk may be slightly diluted by the fact that there aren’t any direct trains to Cheltenham from New St on matchday which is very frustrating given much of our Away support travels by train.
Robin
Really? There are usually tons of trains from New Street to Cheltenham which take forty minutes so I am surprised about that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Really? There are usually tons of trains from New Street to Cheltenham which take forty minutes so I am surprised about that.
Engineering works. Always weekend disruption somewhere or other. Not much of a surprise. One of the reasons I have driven down for last few games I have been to. Can’t be doing with rail replacement buses on a Sunday afternoon.

Last few times I trained there was a diversion route via Worcester so although no bus it added 30 mins or so to the journey, so only a matter of time before the engineering came far enough south that no diversion is possible.
Cov1
Robin wrote:Really? There are usually tons of trains from New Street to Cheltenham which take forty minutes so I am surprised about that.
Yep, bus replacement so must be engineering works.
Old Coventrian
I often travel back to Cov by train to visit family. I can't drive due to Parkinsons, but there's no way I would do anything but drive if I could. National Rail Enquiries are only showing bus replacement between Chelt and Gloucester which is not on the route to Brum
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I doubt they bother with a rail replacement from BNS to CNM unless they have to; I once did it going the other way and it took almost two hours with the traffic trying to get into the city centre. Would much rather they just ploughed on to Tamworth or Burton (for those on Cross Country route) and didn’t bother going into the city for those that didn’t need to.