Newcastle & Sunderland

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
Just been chatting to a long time Toon fan, he has been going since the early 1970's.

Was thinking of Newcastle players that also played for us - could only think of Martin Thomas off the top of my head.

Funnily enough last week I was thinking of any Sunderland players who also played for us - didn't Clive Walker play for Sunderland for a while ? I recall ex Robin Malcolm Crosby was Manager there for a time ?

Any other connections ?
bigdavejambo
Fuller wrote:Just been chatting to a long time Toon fan, he has been going since the early 1970's.

Was thinking of Newcastle players that also played for us - could only think of Martin Thomas off the top of my head.

Funnily enough last week I was thinking of any Sunderland players who also played for us - didn't Clive Walker play for Sunderland for a while ? I recall ex Robin Malcolm Crosby was Manager there for a time ?

Any other connections ?
Steve Cotterill went as assistant to Howard Wilkinson
goalpost
Clive Walker certainly did play for Sunderland. I once saw him score a hat trick for the club in a 3-2 win over Man United.
Jerry St Clair
Paul Brayson
solihullkev
Trevor Carson was on the books at Sunderland for years without playing a first team game