Gary Johnson ahead of Forest Green Rovers at home

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Watch/read the full interview here: http://bit.ly/GJPreFGR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Also on the official club website for those who prefer to support the club directly:

“Derby coming at the right time”

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/april/ga ... r-preview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
Interesting to read the last two Q's and A's.
Ihearye
so no Winchester this week ?????
Shade
Ihearye wrote:so no Winchester this week ?????
We don't know yet. Says his and Dawson's injuries take days rather than weeks to heal so we'll know by Saturday.
kora
It's called keeping your cards close to your chest; if he doesn't tell us, he's not telling FGR.
Ihearye
Was referring to GJ explanation re selection policy of those that have yet to resign and may play for someone in the stand
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:Was referring to GJ explanation re selection policy of those that have yet to resign and may play for someone in the stand
If that is verbatim I would assume GJ is insinuating such players will be playing to impress whichever club scouts are in the stand.
theidlerich
Ben2 wrote:Come on Gary, Get wrighty on. Him and mo up top would be unstoppable. Let Danny sign off in style
In jest surely?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No jest. Wrighty will do everything he possibly can to score vs FGR, or be enough of a nuisance to force their defence to let Mo score. They are poor defenders and Wright will cause havoc.

We have seen this week (Salah, De Rossi, Buffon, etc) that football above all is a game of emotion and passion and no one we have will give as much heart and effort into beating FGR than Danny Wright.

FGR are playing for survival. We are playing for nothing but pride. And no one will be more determined to beat FGR with pride, and damage their cause than Wrighty. Seeing a pumped up Wright will let FGR know we mean no mercy and if they want points they have to man up and I think they will bottle it.

Give him an hour to rampage. He will give his all even if lung and leg are damaged too much to play again this season. And even if that is the case you can guarantee Danny will be desperate to lead the “F*ck FGR” from the stands.

Wright and Mo and we will score two or three.
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote: Danny will be desperate to lead the “F*ck FGR” from the stands.
Again :lol:
Robin
Graham, Odelusi, Adebajo all better than Wright in my opinion, I trust this post was a joke.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Exactly. Cooper likes the defence to pass it around. Wright as a focal point high up the pitch to put some aggression in and ruffle them. Without the ball I would put Dawson advanced as well to get at the centre back and full back. Have Mo dropped off to capitalise on the mistakes and space pressing and harassing their defence will cause.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Graham, Odelusi, Adebajo all better than Wright in my opinion, I trust this post was a joke.
Not at getting involved roughing up defenders and keeper they are not. That is what we need to stop their passing game and make them panic.
horlickfanclub
I agree.