CTFC vs Forest Green Rovers Home 14th April 2018

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

theidlerich
CTFC vs Forest Green Rovers Home 14th April 2018

Well at long last a home game to remember, I mean vs Morecombe! Although a dodgy first few minutes with a strange looking team ; but slowly grew in confidence and subsequently a cruise home, especially the second half. Most punters came away with a few points, with pas now leading the group, cliffy90 failed to post as did Nesty [sorry Nesty you are now struck off]. So onto the next game with that weird side locally.

Please take note of the required predictions for this one – a few changes; plus the attraction of Double points.

Usual win/loss/draw – 10 ; first CTFC scorer – 10; final score – 10. Extras are: FGR’s attendance [10 for total to within 25, 5 – for within 50; should keep OTC occupied for a few hours] – 10/5. An old favourite Number of yellows – 10 and I’ll throw in No of Reds [well FGR can be a hot-headed lot [;)]. Have fun and see you there….

My prediction, based on no injury worries: CTFC 2 – FGR 1; Eisa first scorer; Yellows 4; Reds 0; FGR attendance 549
The Old TomCat
https://i.imgur.com/T6Aa8o2.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheltenham 2-2 FGR
Eisa [Cheltenham]
Doidge [FGR]
Yellow: 5
Red: 0
FGR away attendance: 851
Total attendance: 3550
Last edited by The Old TomCat on 08 Apr 2018, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
The Old TomCat
Forecasts already submitted:

Robin's Nest: Cheltenham win = 2, draw =1, FGR away win = 0

FGR forum: Cheltenham win = 4, draw = 8, FGR away win = 4
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
What happened to Charlie Cooper yesterday OTC? Not even in the squad! Any chance of young Charles turning out next week? The home support will be keen to see him playing.
Robin
OTC I don't know if you are on a wind up or not but our lowest attendance of the season was not 1756 vs FGR that was a micky mouse trophy game and not seriously considered a first team fixture. I believe our lowest was Notts County on a Tuesday night when the Champions league was on and around 2300 with very minimal away support although yesterday cut that close.

As for Saturday with nothing to play for and with a small away following (for a local derby) I'd be happily surprised if we get more than 4000 and that's with 3500 Cheltenham fans. I'm expecting around 5-600 away fans is that realistic?

I sometimes wonder if you live in your own little fantasy world.
The Old TomCat
theidlerich wrote:CTFC vs Forest Green Rovers Home 14th April 2018

Well at long last a home game to remember, I mean vs Morecombe! Although a dodgy first few minutes with a strange looking team ; but slowly grew in confidence and subsequently a cruise home, especially the second half. Most punters came away with a few points, with pas now leading the group, cliffy90 failed to post as did Nesty [sorry Nesty you are now struck off]. So onto the next game with that weird side locally.

Please take note of the required predictions for this one – a few changes; plus the attraction of Double points.

Usual win/loss/draw – 10 ; first CTFC scorer – 10; final score – 10. Extras are: FGR’s attendance [10 for total to within 25, 5 – for within 50; should keep OTC occupied for a few hours] – 10/5. An old favourite Number of yellows – 10 and I’ll throw in No of Reds [well FGR can be a hot-headed lot [;)]. Have fun and see you there….

My prediction, based on no injury worries: CTFC 2 – FGR 1; Eisa first scorer; Yellows 4; Reds 0; FGR attendance 549
Interesting deviation to normal forecasts and something I will consider for my own Prediction competitions.
I like it. :)
But where you were wrong is that it took me about 5 seconds to commit my FGR away attendance figure. I remember it was about 800 in 2015 and FGR took similar number to Swindon earlier in season. Where I spent another ten seconds is thinking that perhaps I had put too big a figure on away support after our run of dreadful results and should have reduced it by about 25. We will bring around 800 fans to WR.

For this game alone I hope that you will allow anybody on Robin's Nest to add their forecasts, perhaps just on this thread to keep it separate from the season long Predicta Competition.
There is obviously a lot of interest for ElGlosico on this site.
The Old TomCat
Robin wrote:OTC I don't know if you are on a wind up or not but our lowest attendance of the season was not 1756 vs FGR that was a micky mouse trophy game and not seriously considered a first team fixture. I believe our lowest was Notts County on a Tuesday night when the Champions league was on and around 2300 with very minimal away support although yesterday cut that close.

As for Saturday with nothing to play for and with a small away following (for a local derby) I'd be happily surprised if we get more than 4000 and that's with 3500 Cheltenham fans. I'm expecting around 5-600 away fans is that realistic?

I sometimes wonder if you live in your own little fantasy world.
I obtained figures from a website and I did indicate lowest attendance was a EFL Trophy game.
However I've now checked the Cheltenham programme and it seems as if there were 2273 supporters at Notts Co game but 2266 at Cambridge game.
I agree I should have added the Cambridge attendance figure.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:

Interesting deviation to normal forecasts and something I will consider for my own Prediction competitions.
But where you were wrong is that it took me about 5 seconds to commit my FGR away attendance figure. I remember it was about 800 in 2015 and FGR took similar number to Swindon earlier in season. Where I spent another ten seconds is thinking that perhaps I had put too big a figure on away support after our run of dreadful results and should have reduced it by about 25. We will bring around 800 fans to WR.

For this game alone I hope that you will allow anybody on Robin's Nest to add their forecasts, perhaps just on this thread to keep it separate from the season long Predicta Competition.
Did someone help you with the definition of ‘away attendance’ today? Maybe ask them for help when it comes to counting the Checkatinpot as a first team fixture?
Ralph
The Old TomCat wrote:

We allow all fans on our forum OTC. No having to put mailing addresses, post codes, phone numbers etc etc in to register
theidlerich
OTC - more than happy to see FGR predictions just for the "fun" of it! But better to contain them on the prediction thread - thanks. Re hours - very tongue in cheek! :)

This area is for the extremely serious stuff.....:) :)
The Old TomCat
Here's a bit of help for this week's competition.
I'm good to you guys :D

asl
Five dismissals? Does that include Gary Johnson (twice)?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Five dismissals? Does that include Gary Johnson (twice)?
Maybe he is counting our opponents here too?
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
WRONG
Check out your own matchday programme.
Information in print: Red cards
Grimes - Exeter
Wright - FGR
Dawson - Maidstone
Moore - Mansfield
Wight - Mansfield

Seems that number adds up to five and Gary Johnson's name is not included in list nor any opponents.
Once again I'm not wrong and am right again. :D
Last edited by The Old TomCat on 09 Apr 2018, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
The Old TomCat
Ben2 wrote:
Way too simple.

Maybe he’s counting all sendings off for next season combined in this total?

Or possibly sendings off in other dimensions?

That’s what I like about OTC, he’s like a box of chocolates...you don’t know what you’re going to get next
Don't your wish that occasionally you'd waited to reply by even three minutes.
That way your post would not have been completely destroyed by mine making you look less than bright.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
WRONG
Check out your own matchday programme.
Information in print: Red cards
Grimes - Exeter
Wright - FGR
Dawson - Maidstone
Moore - Mansfield
Wight - Mansfield

Seems that number adds up to five and Gary Johnson's name is not included in list nor any opponents.
Once again I'm not wrong and am right again. :D
Oh you’re counting Checkatinpot again.
asl
Didn't realise we'd had five sent off (and I wasn't discounting any matches.) Wasn't looking to score points. Blimey.
Shade
1 of the sendings off was in the FA Cup, one in the tinpot. 3 league sendings off, and two of those were joke ones against Mansfield.
asl
Yes, he said we had two players sent off v Maidstone. Shocker.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:
Ben2 wrote:Hehehe - was that an edit on your last message I spy otc
I apologise - I was at work and so my grammar was less than tip-top

What Old Turn Coat did was post one thing then edit after he had replies. He’s a sneaky little chipmunk!

I think OTC may be stale mince. I’m throwing it out there...
Of if not, then Kale Mince.
The Old TomCat
Latest forecasts by FGR supporters:
Cheltenham win = 23
Drawn game = 17
FGR away win = 13

On the Robin's Nest
Cheltenham home win = 8
Drawn game = 2

Okay I voted twice for a draw, once on FGR forum and once on RN.

I posted my FGR attendance forecast before being aware that match is all ticket and that the trains are not running so am reducing my attendance down to 751.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:What happened to Charlie Cooper yesterday OTC? Not even in the squad! Any chance of young Charles turning out next week? The home support will be keen to see him playing.
Charlie sprained a muscle while on trial at Bournemouth.
Whether he is now fit and will be included in squad I know not.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:What happened to Charlie Cooper yesterday OTC? Not even in the squad! Any chance of young Charles turning out next week? The home support will be keen to see him playing.
Charlie sprained a muscle while on trial at Bournemouth.
Whether he is now fit and will be included in squad I know not.
Thanks for answering.

Will you now answer Red Duke’s question about the evidence behind your facts about Paul Baker and CTFC finances?
asl
The Old TomCat wrote:Charlie sprained a muscle while on trial at Bournemouth.
Did he get off? I understand the steps leading to the magistrate's court there are notorious.
The Old TomCat
Ben2 wrote:
asl wrote:
Did he get off? I understand the steps leading to the magistrate's court there are notorious.
:lol:

I wouldn’t hold your breath RCS, I’m still waiting on OTC to take me up on a bet since when he confidently asserted FGR would finish above the mighty robins this season
Mathmatically possible but realistically no.
But I bet that at 5pm on Saturday the records still record a FGR away win at WR and that FGR are not in an automatic relegation spot.
Johnsons Red Army
The Old TomCat wrote:But I bet that at 5pm on Saturday the records still record a FGR away win at WR and that FGR are not in an automatic relegation spot.
Hard prediction, considering the four point gap to the first relegation spot. :roll:

I think you will get the first one wrong though.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ben2 wrote:
asl wrote:
:lol:

I wouldn’t hold your breath RCS, I’m still waiting on OTC to take me up on a bet since when he confidently asserted FGR would finish above the mighty robins this season
And then the evasive weasel comments on your bet but still ignores your offer!

OTC: Do you accept Ben’s bet? Will you provide the sources for your ‘facts’ as requested by Red Duke?