Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 13:16 
Offline

Joined: 13 Feb 2010, 21:19
Posts: 2887
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Was it the right call to leave Will Boyle out?
Should the changes have been made earlier?
Did Forest Green want it more on the day?

Read here: http://bit.ly/FGR5Things


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 14:12 
Offline

Joined: 31 Jul 2014, 21:15
Posts: 220
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Good summary Jon

Things are clearly not as rosy off the pitch as some people make out

35 man squad but still paper-thin on match day.

Grant McCann is available Mr Baker. Go and get him


Last edited by drgm on 15 Apr 2018, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 14:16 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2012, 19:55
Posts: 816
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
That's Odelusi off then.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 14:30 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 10:11
Posts: 1360
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
drgm wrote:
Good summary Jon

Things are clearly not a rosy off the pitch as some people make out

35 man squad but still paper-thin on match day.

Grant McCann is available Mr Baker. Go and get him

The job is not very attractive to any coach looking for a progressive club with ambition and healthy backing both financial and gatewise.All we could expect to attract would be a young coach starting out in management.( M.Duff ) ?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 14:33 
Offline

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 10:11
Posts: 1360
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
longmover wrote:
That's Odelusi off then.

Probably questioned Mr.J ?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 14:43 
Offline

Joined: 29 Dec 2011, 17:54
Posts: 1027
Location: Whaddon road
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
No wonder Boyle is leaving and Winchester doesn't want to sign a new contract it seems the players are fed up with Johnson just as much as the fans.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 14:44 
Offline

Joined: 09 Jul 2011, 16:55
Posts: 1415
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
“Sanmi Odelusi, who was not in the match day squad, had to be restrained by team mate Nigel Atangana and escorted down the tunnel and out onto the pitch to cool off following some stern words from the manager during a lengthy post-match debrief.”

GJ has lost the dressing room.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 14:55 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2011, 10:17
Posts: 5006
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I-Love-CTFC wrote:
“Sanmi Odelusi, who was not in the match day squad, had to be restrained by team mate Nigel Atangana and escorted down the tunnel and out onto the pitch to cool off following some stern words from the manager during a lengthy post-match debrief.”

GJ has lost the dressing room.


it would look that way


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 15:10 
Offline

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:56
Posts: 4294
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
drgm wrote:
Good summary Jon

Things are clearly not as rosy off the pitch as some people make out

35 man squad but still paper-thin on match day.

Grant McCann is available Mr Baker. Go and get him
Yep I'd have Grant back. Thinking with everything from yesterday like the way we played, contract issues, fall outs, it's time for a change


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 17:14 
Offline

Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 10:22
Posts: 968
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
JP's article seemed to me to be rather diplomatic? Certainly the team seemed to be "somewhere else" and played out accordingly; disjointed and half-hearted. Reading between the lines it appears that something else is going on and the players are losing sympathy with GJ's ethos or decision making? The Board who I trust reads this and other forums to get some sort of feeling of fan undercurrents need to be proactive before it all implodes, or am I being unrealistic?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 17:19 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 18083
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
theidlerich wrote:
JP's article seemed to me to be rather diplomatic? Certainly the team seemed to be "somewhere else" and played out accordingly; disjointed and half-hearted. Reading between the lines it appears that something else is going on and the players are losing sympathy with GJ's ethos or decision making? The Board who I trust reads this and other forums to get some sort of feeling of fan undercurrents need to be proactive before it all implodes, or am I being unrealistic?


First action will be to extend the Early Bird deadline.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat
 Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018, 18:31 
Offline

Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 10:22
Posts: 968
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RGS agree - preferably until after the first LgII game - I rarely watch friendlies -unless it's one @ Cirencester! Slightly less to travel to Whaddon Rd from here...!


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Artemis, Google [Bot], vickeryc and 30 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: