Register    Login    Search    FAQ

CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: I won’t let football affect my mood...
 Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 00:04 

I can’t imagine anyone felt worse on 90 minutes than me on Saturday. Maybe they did, I just can’t imagine it. I’ve only ever felt like I was actually going to cry on full time once before (France v England, Portugal 2004 in lisbon) due mainly to a long week in the sun ;)

On 89 minutes I told my two kids - ‘I always try to not let football affect my mood. It’s hard, but that’s what it is’

I said this half to pass on some wisdom! But I also recalled the last time I gave it, in a small part of Northamptonshire in 1999, to my fiancé at her first ever game of football. 5 minutes later she knew I’d lied :lol:

She’s now their mum and a lot of water goes under a bridge.

God I hate losing. Especially to that circus. I cheered up for 2 minutes earlier in the hope they still go down...that would be too sweet.

But it is football and perspective is all. I said we’d finish 13-16 and so we should. Squad is improved. Hang in there, Support the club, they’ll exist next season and we’ll all be desperate for them to win. Let it bide, don’t get mad, get even next season

Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: I won’t let football affect my mood...
 Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 01:10 

Hear hear!

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 07:01 

Nor will I. Not spending hundreds of pounds to be bored and frustrated at home games is the first step in me achieving this!

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 07:06 

RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Nor will I. Not spending hundreds of pounds to be bored and frustrated at home games is the first step in me achieving this!

So as to not affect peoples mood, can you stop posting about games you dont attend then

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 07:07 

Ben2 wrote:
Disappointed with the result today so I thought I’d cheer myself up - at least I’m not a eco-franchise fan!

I’ve looked at their fixtures... I think they are in real bother. Luton and Cheltenham, Barnet, chesterfield and Grimsby. A cup final each week

I think they’ll go down. I don’t want them to (I won’t evet go there again due to treatment of away fans) as it does add to the experience having a local rival. But they are such a shower from top to bottom I think they’ll self-combust. Cooper is hated throughout and Vince is clearly a ‘case’. I don’t know the odds but lump on

Ben2 wrote:
I think Doidge is off, not playing due to a falling out with cooper. We’d have him, but when they do combust we could have Reid. Or both, possibly!

Ben2 wrote:
Yes - but you know football! They’ve got a run in where I’m not sure they’ll get another point

Comey gold. :lol:

Set yourself up a bit with some of these eh Ben?

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 07:10 

andgarod wrote:

So as to not affect peoples mood, can you stop posting about games you dont attend then

Majority of my recent posts have been a reflection on games I have been to; how else would I feel bored and frustrated if not actually there. I am not renewing my ST based on the games I have seen.

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 07:22 

andgarod wrote:

Majority of my recent posts have been a reflection on games I have been to; how else would I feel bored and frustrated if not actually there. I am not renewing my ST based on the games I have seen.

so thats a yes then brilliant

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 08:00 

Chris FGR wrote:
Ben2 wrote:
Disappointed with the result today so I thought I’d cheer myself up - at least I’m not a eco-franchise fan!

I’ve looked at their fixtures... I think they are in real bother. Luton and Cheltenham, Barnet, chesterfield and Grimsby. A cup final each week

I think they’ll go down. I don’t want them to (I won’t evet go there again due to treatment of away fans) as it does add to the experience having a local rival. But they are such a shower from top to bottom I think they’ll self-combust. Cooper is hated throughout and Vince is clearly a ‘case’. I don’t know the odds but lump on

Ben2 wrote:
I think Doidge is off, not playing due to a falling out with cooper. We’d have him, but when they do combust we could have Reid. Or both, possibly!

Ben2 wrote:
Yes - but you know football! They’ve got a run in where I’m not sure they’ll get another point

Comey gold. :lol:

Set yourself up a bit with some of these eh Ben?

Absolutely, and will probably do so again next season. No fool like an old fool

But that’s the game I love

And I tell you what, if, just if, there is any chance of you going down on the last day you will have a sell out. We’ll all be there :lol:

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 08:07 

I remember being in a staff meeting at a previous employer where two staff kept moaning on and on about the time they wasted on a certain admin task. It was quite convincing til our manager pointed out neither ever completed said task.’So,’ the manager concluded, ‘You can’t save time on something you spend no time on amyway’

That’s profound

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 08:56 

The fact that the task was never completed can't have mattered then. The two staff members decision not to waste time was correc

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 08:58 

Sack Confused.com’s former manager! Boycott the company! Lost the meeting room! Disgrace!

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 10:08 

so thats a yes then brilliant[/quote][/quote]

Only posts from the bathroom, apparently.

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 10:20 

Ben2 wrote:

I remember being in a staff meeting at a previous employer where two staff kept moaning on and on about the time they wasted on a certain admin task. It was quite convincing til our manager pointed out neither ever completed said task.’So,’ the manager concluded, ‘You can’t save time on something you spend no time on amyway’

That’s profound

Where did the wasting time enetr teh conversation? Or did you just fancy throwing in that pearl of wisdom

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018, 10:32 

Del Boy wrote:

Only posts from the bathroom, apparently.

Incorrect (as per the last dozen times you made that tiresome accusation).

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY