Club Beer

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shev’s updates re: club bar refurb got me thinking. I wonder if it would be worth approaching one of the Cheltenham breweries to see if they would want to make a special unique CTFC beer to sell at the club.

Battledown are usually responsive and have catered for events I have been involved in. And as they have no real marketing Tivoli Brewery c/o Robin at the Royal Union might want some more exposure.

Could run a competition for fans to name the beer and for local design students to design the tap handle.

I am sure the club and brewer could agree a sensible pricing and profit share strategy.

Would certainly provide a further incentive for me and other ale fans to use the bar per-match rather than local ale houses.

What do you all reckon?
ctfc-fan
We did a company beer and cider at Christmas for our customers. The taste isn’t unique as such but you design the label.
everyman
Only if it was bottled,they don`t sell enough to keep it in condition otherwise.I have a bottle of "SOUTHPORT-SINKER" produced by Stanway brewery to commemorate our Trophy final.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:Only if it was bottled,they don`t sell enough to keep it in condition otherwise.I have a bottle of "SOUTHPORT-SINKER" produced by Stanway brewery to commemorate our Trophy final.
Be interesting to know how many pints the bar sells on a match day. Would have thought not far of 78 pint barrel on a match day, especially if the Club / Trust set-up a skittles league.

Bottles of course means it could be sold in the “bars” with no actual barrel and pump capability like Hospitality and the Colin Farmer. As long as they don’t keep it on the fridge with the pop and lager.
Si Robin
I am pretty sure a few Christmases ago, the wife bought me a bottle of CTFC ale that had been brewed by Battledown Brewery. It wasn’t a bad drop either. It came with a CTFC pint glass as a boxset.
Fuller
I have a bottle of CTFC branded whiskey at home, match day sponsor's gift from 20 years or so ago.

Never opened though .....
Red Duke
Fuller wrote:I have a bottle of CTFC branded whiskey at home, match day sponsor's gift from 20 years or so ago.

I assume you have been saving for when we get to Championship....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fuller wrote:I have a bottle of CTFC branded whiskey at home, match day sponsor's gift from 20 years or so ago.

Any indication what distillery?
everyman
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

Any indication what distillery?
I bet it`s Grouse with a Ctfc.label on it,would be appropriate.
Malabus
So....has RCS made enquiries about a business deal between Battledown brewery and CTFC for an 3.1% ale named ROBIN.

No good suggesting it, RCS...action would be required.