the rifle that won the west

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ihearye
Was wondering what we can take from Winchester playing every week, yet no news of him signing up? Is it all is going well so ni issues a la Boyle. Or is it known heis leaving but happy to put the effort in?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Agents be doing who knows what behind the scenes.
Robin
I've heard a few snippets on Winchester, firstly his deal was on the same terms as current i.e. no pay rise. Winnie wanted one and I don't know whether the club increased their original offer.

Secondly apparently he's been offered a deal by FGR in recent weeks with a significant signing on bonus.
Ihearye
Good heavens! Would have thought he had done enough and more, to earn a pay rise. Not altogether happy with the signal that sends out. Work your b@lls off in any position we put you in. Holda poor team together and they offer no payrise??? Very very very poor if true. He would be a mug not to take a better offer elsewhere
vickeryc
Ihearye wrote:Good heavens! Would have thought he had done enough and more, to earn a pay rise. Not altogether happy with the signal that sends out. Work your b@lls off in any position we put you in. Holda poor team together and they offer no payrise??? Very very very poor if true. He would be a mug not to take a better offer elsewhere
I hate myself for saying it, but if there is any truth in this rumour, then you're absolutely right. The club must surely be making every reasonable effort to retain CW's services. Losing him would be massive for us.