Pell wanted

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Again: http://bit.ly/MidfielderWanted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Surely this is a simple no. Why would we sell given that Eisa will likely leave for a club record fee and how many league two teams could afford him? I can only think it's either Mansfield or Swindon interested.
I-Love-CTFC
Wouldn't be such a big loss given his performances this season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Depends on the offer.
JasonFailor
If it's a decent offer, I'd take it. Spend the money on a winger.
Robin
We have 11 players contracted for next season and already need a big recruitment drive if we sell Eisa for say £750k and Pell for £150k that's all well and good but we need to find players with that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Mo going nowhere.
kiaora84
Unnamed League two club maybe interested in pell - I am sure that most clubs in this league are if he were to become available. I am a fan of JPs work, however this reminds of those nonsense ‘in the know’ rumours you see on Twitter etc
I-Love-CTFC
It's a clickbait article. Heard a few mentions of Luton on twitter.
Jon Palmer
Some more info here: http://bit.ly/PellChase" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
longmover
Shame if he goes, been played out of position all season, complete waste.
Benctfc
I guess wether we sell will depend on if GJ thinks he is replacable given he only recently signed a new contract I would imagine we would want a decent fee.
theidlerich
....not the only one to go to Colchester.
CTFC03
I hope he stays here, he's a massive asset and a matchwinner.
Robin
Seems a strange one, could Colchester afford a decent fee and why would we sell to them?
everyman
Jon Palmer wrote:Some more info here: http://bit.ly/PellChase" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apologies req`d. to J.P. ?
everyman
I-Love-CTFC wrote:Wouldn't be such a big loss given his performances this season.
G.J. Not able to get the best out of Harry lately,so he will probably leave for a fresh start.He will be a great" ass et " to someone.( intended ! )Good luck H.
vickeryc
Although Harry hasn't fired much this season, when he's been able to play to his strengths in his best position, he has been effective, especially when makes those rampaging runs at the opposition. His height also gives us a much-needed physical presence in a team with quite a few smallish players. At his best, he's still one of our more effective players and it would be better to keep him in my view.
drgm
...and who could blame him. Like Winchester he is continually played out of position.
Play Mo up front on his own and play your best players out of position. It's been chaotic all season
and still no recognised right back. Will this somehow improve next season?
drgm
vickeryc wrote:Although Harry hasn't fired much this season, when he's been able to play to his strengths in his best position, he has been effective, especially when makes those rampaging runs at the opposition. His height also gives us a much-needed physical presence in a team with quite a few smallish players. At his best, he's still one of our more effective players and it would be better to keep him in my view.
I agree. Not one of his best seasons being continually played out of position but he has still scored 6 goals!
Will be a big miss if he goes. 'We have the nucleus of a good team' said someone. Well not for much longer!
Nesty
longmover wrote:Shame if he goes, been played out of position all season, complete waste.

is it any coincidence that our two (arguably) best midfielders are maybe leaving (Pell and Winchester) and are the two who have been the most affected by square peg syndrome
Robin
Pell is a decent player at this level so I am baffled as to why we are selling him (if we do) I can only assume GJ wants better and is happy to take a six figure fee for him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Quite a leap Robin to go from a “Colchester want to sign midfielders” headline to assuming we are selling. I am sure if you asked Colchester there are probably about 300 players they would say they would like to sign if given the chance.

Always baffling how these type of non-stories set some fans off.
Nesty
drgm wrote:...and who could blame him. Like Winchester he is continually played out of position.
Play Mo up front on his own and play your best players out of position. It's been chaotic all season
and still no recognised right back. Will this somehow improve next season?
is the pope catholic.?
theidlerich
It is concerning that two members of the squad I would wish to see retained for the next couple of seasons, if play-offs are the objective, are allowed to leave. Whether we have not offered them their 'worth', or, is there an undercurrent as alluded to sometime ago within the squad as to selection, position, tactics and man management? I'm not being critical here, merely concerned; I have no 'in' with any personnel within CTFC.
kiaora84
everyman wrote:
Jon Palmer wrote:Some more info here: http://bit.ly/PellChase" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apologies req`d. to J.P. ?
Apologies for what? Having an opinion on a article written by a journalist? As I said I am sure there plenty of league 2 clubs interested. Stating the name of a club (which IMO would be the obvious one to create a story) is easy, anyone can do it. ‘Interest’ from a club could mean anything. Until a bid is put in and accepted its meaningless.
Jon Palmer
Colchester have made a formal approach and more than one bid, I can confirm.
everyman
Jon Palmer wrote:Colchester have made a formal approach and more than one bid, I can confirm.
Thank`s Jon !
Shade
I think people need to reign themselves in a bit. We haven't sold or announced anyone is leaving yet and there is nothing to confirm that we will/they will.

Besides, you never know what will happen when your supposed best players leave. Just look at Liverpool and Coutinho.

I'd also say Pell's best performances this season have been when he's been played "out of position" on the wing, and he's been able to run with the ball more often, such as at Crawley. I also remember people on here slating him for having a poor season a couple of months ago and wishing we'd have rather had the money of his transfer to Blackpool!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
theidlerich wrote:It is concerning that two members of the squad I would wish to see retained for the next couple of seasons, if play-offs are the objective, are allowed to leave. Whether we have not offered them their 'worth', or, is there an undercurrent as alluded to sometime ago within the squad as to selection, position, tactics and man management? I'm not being critical here, merely concerned; I have no 'in' with any personnel within CTFC.
Allowed to leave? I have seen zero news to that effect. If you have any information that they are being allowed to leave then please share.
horlickfanclub
If we sell Harry do we charge a £ 5 admin fee?
Robin
My point being this should be a no brainer we don't need to sell especially to a similar club/rival like Colchester. I'm sure they could offer him a small increase in pay and it's closer to his roots but come on do we want promotion next year or not? Perhaps we should offer £100k to Colchester for one of their better players.
Shade
Is Pell a player that will get us promotion out of L2? Based on the last two seasons I'm not sure he's consistent enough, personally. I would like to see him stay and prove me wrong, though.
horlickfanclub
A team of Pells would keep us up. The "good enough to get us promotion " yarn is early bird propaganda
paperboy
...has he been offered or has he turned down a contract extension?.

Colchester will be offering him a two/three year deal so that is currently better than the further one year he currently has left. He could go for nothing at the end of next season of course.

Hope he stays but we were prepared to let him go last year so expect him to go if he wants to.