We shouldn't sell Eisa for less than....

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

solihullkev
£1 million for me ; but at that price or above it makes sense all round for everyone

What would your price be ?
Shade
£1m but if there are a few clubs coming in for him hopefully it will drive the price up further, £ and %.
solihullkev
A Wigan, Blackburn, Sunderland kind of club - where difference between £1m and £1.5m is probably not massive could get the bidding up
Shade
Wouldn't be exactly surprised if Bristol City get first dibs if they offer the right numbers. Can see Mo slotting into their team quite comfortably. If we sell, of course. Both player and manager have made sounds recently inficating they're both happy. Foolish to believe that means he's staying, of course, but not guaranteed he's off either. Another 6 months or a year and he could be worth £2m to the right bidder.
solihullkev
Gambling both ways - in a year he will only have a year left n his contract ; could run it down

Great if we don't have to sell. But £1 million plus talks
ctfc-fan
Check out fatty at Posh and his valuation of players

Jack Marriott: Peterborough's Steve Evans compares striker to Dwight Gaylehttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43629132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
solihullkev wrote:A Wigan, Blackburn, Sunderland kind of club - where difference between £1m and £1.5m is probably not massive could get the bidding up
Sunderland won’t be paying that kind of money. They have the 13th biggest debt of all European Clubs and any money from transfers and parachute which isn’t paying off managers and overpaid current and former players goes on the debt.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
solihullkev wrote:Gambling both ways - in a year he will only have a year left n his contract ; could run it down

£1m minimum. If no Clubs think he is worth that then fine, don’t sell. I would rather have two seasons of goals and promotion and lose him on a free in two years than sell him cheap and lose out on the opportunity of the next two seasons.
solihullkev
Safc's debt is a bit illusory as it is all owed to the owner ? Issue is whether he wants to realise anything or put into admin ? I accept Short seems to have no interest in doing anything.

They still have two more years of parachute payments !
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
solihullkev wrote:Safc's debt is a bit illusory as it is all owed to the owner ? Issue is whether he wants to realise anything or put into admin ? I accept Short seems to have no interest in doing anything.

They still have two more years of parachute payments !
Around £69m owed to the owner and £68m owed to the bank.

Short has put the club up for sale for “free” to anyone who takes on the debt.

Last summer they spent £1.5m on transfers and no money was available to spend in January.
vickeryc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
solihullkev wrote:Gambling both ways - in a year he will only have a year left n his contract ; could run it down

£1m minimum. If no Clubs think he is worth that then fine, don’t sell. I would rather have two seasons of goals and promotion and lose him on a free in two years than sell him cheap and lose out on the opportunity of the next two seasons.
The valuation of footballers is amongst the most imprecise sciences known to man. It is entirely subjective and prone to so many variables that change from game to game. The performance and potential of individual players are as profoundly affected by the abilities and form of the team around them as they are by their own ability. And that's before you factor in the influence that tactics (including those of opposing teams) can have on a player's ability to perform effectively. And so on...

I'm consistently baffled by the high valuations placed on seemingly mediocre Premiership and Championship performers compared to the comparative peanuts offered for players in the equally competitive lower divisions. Some players, however, have so much natural ability that they are more likely than most to produce the goods at any level. Mo undoubtedly falls into that category. You can't step up three tiers and score 22 league goals in your first season without having something special.

Given all this, together with his age, I think £1 million is peanuts. He is priceless in a market where idiotic valuations are trumped up daily, influenced by factors as random as those that affect stock markets. I know the club needs money, but it also needs Eisa for as long as possible to: (a) help us progress as a team next season; (b) allow Mo to continue to impress; and (c) let his valuation escalate as more clubs clamour for his signature. I think it would be short-sighted in the extreme if the club were panicked into selling him before the end of 2018/19 season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
vickeryc wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:

The valuation of footballers is amongst the most imprecise sciences known to man. It is entirely subjective and prone to so many variables that change from game to game. The performance and potential of individual players are as profoundly affected by the abilities and form of the team around them as they are by their own ability. And that's before you factor in the influence that tactics (including those of opposing teams) can have on a player's ability to perform effectively. And so on...

I'm consistently baffled by the high valuations placed on seemingly mediocre Premiership and Championship performers compared to the comparative peanuts offered for players in the equally competitive lower divisions. Some players, however, have so much natural ability that they are more likely than most to produce the goods at any level. Mo undoubtedly falls into that category. You can't step up three tiers and score 22 league goals in your first season without having something special.

Given all this, together with his age, I think £1 million is peanuts. He is priceless in a market where idiotic valuations are trumped up daily, influenced by factors as random as those that affect stock markets. I know the club needs money, but it also needs Eisa for as long as possible to: (a) help us progress as a team next season; (b) allow Mo to continue to impress; and (c) let his valuation escalate as more clubs clamour for his signature. I think it would be short-sighted in the extreme if the club were panicked into selling him before the end of 2018/19 season.
Agree. I don’t want to see Mo leave this summer or next summer.
JasonFailor
£1m would be great but I'm not sure I trust the club to spend that money well. I can see us being dragged into a relegation battle if Eisa leaves.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
JasonFailor wrote:£1m would be great but I'm not sure I trust the club to spend that money well. I can see us being dragged into a relegation battle if Eisa leaves.
I think Mo is worth more to us than what any club will play. Excitement on the pitch, an incentive for fans to fork out on expensive tickets, more profile etc.
Robin
I would take £1million as an upfront fee but not a smaller fee with add ons, there is a huge difference. Exeter sold Watkins to Brentford for a fee up to £1.8million but they got less than half of that upfront and the rest is tied into promotion, goals, appearances etc.

I just hope any sale is done in May so we can quickly amend our wage budget and transfer targets accordingly, we are going to be look for 11-12 players again this summer and getting into the latter part means we are stuck with loans or paying transfer fees.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I would take £1million as an upfront fee but not a smaller fee with add ons, there is a huge difference. Exeter sold Watkins to Brentford for a fee up to £1.8million but they got less than half of that upfront and the rest is tied into promotion, goals, appearances etc.

I just hope any sale is done in May so we can quickly amend our wage budget and transfer targets accordingly, we are going to be look for 11-12 players again this summer and getting into the latter part means we are stuck with loans or paying transfer fees.
Talk about little old Cheltenham. May is the time to start planning how to build a team around Mo.

The Club don’t need to sell. The Club don’t want to sell. Mo is happy here. No sale.
solihullkev
RCS - maybe Sunderland will be in the game now....
everyman
Robin wrote:I would take £1million as an upfront fee but not a smaller fee with add ons, there is a huge difference. Exeter sold Watkins to Brentford for a fee up to £1.8million but they got less than half of that upfront and the rest is tied into promotion, goals, appearances etc.

I would think £500k.Realistic for what could be a one season wonder,akin to Wes Thomas,Dan Holman.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:

I would think £500k.Realistic for what could be a one season wonder,akin to Wes Thomas,Dan Holman.
That’s why I would like to keep him. If he does it again then we benefit from the goals and a higher fee next time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
solihullkev wrote:RCS - maybe Sunderland will be in the game now....
Lol Eastleigh owner buying them.
solihullkev
SAFC debt free now - over £120 million wiped off in a stroke

Just need to deal with some millstone contracts ; but in a great position to pick up some young talent.....
solihullkev
What an extraordinary response Ben. Likely to be highly topical in summer

I am sure many will miss your posts
drgm
I won't.