I would like to rubbish (X,Y & Z) - as usual

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

plymrob
But, in a not so subtle way - by writing the same thing lots of times in different threads.

I remain keen to demoralise (season long) a handful of players of the team I profess to support. I'm entitled - and, how else will GJ learn how to manage?

Happily, there is serial poster who will follow this up immediately with something banal - but still needing to post.

I'm not going to blame GJ just yet, but I'd rather present a very strong argument to continue demoralising several players. I have done this before and know it to be a sound policy that gets positive results - rather than just antagonising the minority..... GJ will surely listen to me as I know best and better. To make sure he does, PB will remind him that we are not a small club and need an award winning new grandstand to accommodate at least 5000 more - albeit, currently, mostly empty seats. Where's the ambition? Championship...? COYR.

I'm sorry guys. For most of my supporting life CTFC were non league. A little strangely for me, my late brother lost his passion when we went into the league. I am a few years younger and quite proud of a mid / lower table Cheltenham Town in the fourth division. Yes, of course, the odd season when we punch above our weight or (please) to have another cup run is better still. That gives me the chance to be a glory seeker.

Realism and respect is in order. And yes, like Shevates said, we were poor at Exeter and no, we did really not match them (as some have suggested).We had moments, but Exeter were always carrying the threat. That said, I once saw Troy Brown and then Jack Deaman play very well for us against Exeter... With my assessment of Mr Brown, I maybe got it right first time around, in spite of the haters. As Mrs Deaman - I'd have to say, my son did play well on his day at St James' Park too... But maybe I should continue to comment only games that I have not seen and probably work harder to carry my own agenda...
Ihearye
Couldn't agree more, the commenting on matches you haven't been to is absurd. To be fair, it doesn't seem that widespread. As Ben2 has often commented posts fall off after an away win. Also fair to say there hasn't been too much positive to post about re home performances as these have been as rare as hens teeth. But again agree, short of saying I thought we would have won that. If not there impossible to comment on performances
Shade
Couldn't agree more about being quite proud of a mid/lower table Cheltenham. This isn't lack of ambition - it's recognition of where we've come from and all that has been achieved, done the right way, without rich financial backers. Sure, we all hope for promotion and a crack at League 1 again but to "expect" and demand it is just a bit ridiculous, in my eyes. This is looking at being a bang average CTFC League season (around 14th in L2) and yet some are treating it almost like it's as bad as relegation.
Si Robin
Nail and head Shade, I've genuinely seen comments (not necessarily on here) that this is our worst season in years and years - completely forgetting that it was only 3 years ago today that we were relegated from this division.

Yes we've been dire at times this season, but there's also been times where the football has been delectable.

I also hate the "little old Cheltenham" rhetoric aimed at anyone who doesn't demand playoffs minimum at the beginning of every season, and the constant comparisons to Accrington. They are an outlier, most of the time the teams with the biggest budgets are at the top of the league (there's a reason Luton have been promoted and Cov are in the top 7, also look at the Premier League, Championship and League 1).

We have a midtable budget (quoted numerous times by PB) and are currently midtable - it really isn't the end of the World.
Benctfc
I think a lot of the frustration and the negativity comes from the fact when you look at the last 4 seasons in the FL we have been pretty awful not finishing higher than 17th. The football in those seasons has been awful and no value for money if that is what you look for when you go and watch. This season has been a slight improvement which wasn't hard after last season but without Mo we would have been in deep trouble again.

I totally get we are around where we should be attendance and budget wise but complacency of allowing that to be an acceptable standard is what will eventually get you relegated there has to some motive to improve or why bother buying a season ticket? I don't want GJ gone but for the board to come out saying he is doing a good job and has no pressure on him is concerning as that kind of comfortable attitude runs through the whole club.