Yatesy

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

solihullkev
Tremendous performance keeping the Moors up. Bottom with 11 points in mid November when he took over. Secured status with a 2-1 win tonight away to,second placed Tranmere. Still part time.

Carter, Stoz and Sterling James started tonight.

Great performance to keep them up. Needed snookers when he took over.
Shade
Just posted about it in the Other Footy thread about it. A fantastic achievement. If they keep up that points per game ratio they've had under Yatesy next season they'll be comfortably in the play-offs.
solihullkev
I think the club's finances would make going full time difficult so realistic ambition is stay in the league. Could see more ex CTFC players moving to the Moors - Penn would be obvious.
Shade
Might end up doing a Sutton, who seem like they've been throwing it away on purpose lately to avoid being demoted if they aren't allowed in the league due to their artificial pitch.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Might end up doing a Sutton, who seem like they've been throwing it away on purpose lately to avoid being demoted if they aren't allowed in the league due to their artificial pitch.
I heard that they have figured out a way of having a hybrid pitch which meets the rules but still enables the pitch to be used for 40-50 hours a week, compared to the current 70.

A guy at work’s family live in Surrey, and his Dad is a Chelsea fan but has been following this Sutton this season and is more excited by their play-off games than he is the Cup Final! So fans still up for it.
Ihearye
Good to see him show his doubters what he ia capable off. First class job
vickeryc
Agreed, pleased for Yatesey and the ex-Cheltenham players he's got there. They were clearly up against it, but have done a fantastic job to get Solihull well clear of relegation against the odds.
everyman
Ihearye wrote:Good to see him show his doubters what he ia capable off. First class job
To be fair his time with us was a bit of a " Curate`s Egg " Very good at start,then went off badly .
Ihearye
everyman wrote:
Ihearye wrote:Good to see him show his doubters what he ia capable off. First class job
To be fair his time with us was a bit of a " Curate`s Egg " Very good at start,then went off badly .
Strange one that isn't it.

Not too sure what the truth is on this one. Some hold the view that he had money thrown at him, while I have in my fading memory somewhere, that during the last summer, the money supply dried up. Doesn’t really matter now. I wonder, if it wasn’t MY, would some be looking at his achievement this season, as one that made him a potential for the future ?
everyman
Ihearye wrote:
everyman wrote:
Strange one that isn't it.

Not too sure what the truth is on this one. Some hold the view that he had money thrown at him, while I have in my fading memory somewhere, that during the last summer, the money supply dried up. Doesn’t really matter now. I wonder, if it wasn’t MY, would some be looking at his achievement this season, as one that made him a potential for the future ?
I think he knows what went wrong and has learned the lessons and won`t repeat them.
paperboy
..it doesn't always work when a new manager comes in.

Cotts couldn't turn things round at Birmingham,but Gary Monk has come in and pretty much saved them.
drgm
I've followed Cotts career quite closely since he left us and this is the first time someone has come
in after he has been sacked and really turned the club around. May not get another high profile job.
theidlerich
Sorry for Cotts; but very pleased for Yates. He's obviously done extremely well there with the budget and squad.