Morrell, Moore, Andrews

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

JonBristol
Hi. Bristol city fan here. Hope you don't mind me posting! Often been viewing your forum after games this season to see how our players are getting on. It seems that Morrell has been a success. Do people think he can make it at a higher level, and if so is he ready? It seems like Moore has not impressed. From what I saw last season for us he looked too weak in the air. Is he better at right back than his preferred position in the middle? I've barely seen a thing written about Andrews on this forum, so interested to know what your thoughts are on him. I'm sure we will loan you more players next year, and I'll do my best to describe any you get. Are fans in favour of Gary getting a number of our youth players in every season? I feel it certainly benefits my club, with them getting minutes in league football, and I guess they would benefit you more if they were all as much as a success as Joe Morrell seems to have been. Let's hope we give you some good ones next season.
Robin
I'd say there is a lot of frustration amongst our fan base with the Bristol City loans largely because Lee is your manager and the quality we've had has been questionable.

Of all four loans Morrell has been the only real success and although he's gone off the boil in recent games he's done well overall and I would hope we look to buy him in the summer - any ideas on a potential fee? If we don't sign him permanently then I suspect we will ask for another season long loan. The other lads have been largely disappointing.

Freddie Hinds came in with a lot of hype but looked like a kid trying to play mens football and no better than our reserve striker George Lloyd, it was therefore no surprise he was sent back and we gave Lloyd more opportunities.

Taylor Moore is a hard one, there have been times when he's looked decent but way too often he's had absolute stinker and I would imagine he's been individually at fault for a number of our goals conceeded this term. He's also been hauled off before half time in a few games for playing badly. In terms of positon he's played right and centre back for us, he looks like a fish out of water at right back when he crosses the half way line but has generally made less mistakes defensively than at centre back where he's been a liability too often. I'd say his best positon would be on the right of a three man defence with others around him to coach him through games but at the moment he's not quite league two standard and I wouldn't want him back next season.

Jake Andrews was signed for free apparently with the potential of a permanent move if he impresses. He's done well in cameo's and scored a cracking free kick but not ready yet to start regularly, I think we may offer him a one year deal in the summer though if you release him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
(Note: any fee greater than £0 probably above our price range).
horlickfanclub
Andrews probably Conference level and Morrell will settle in Div 2 .
tunnelvision
horlickfanclub wrote:Andrews probably Conference level and Morrell will settle in Div 2 .
If Winnie & Pell leave as expected, then I think we'll be desperate to hang on to Morrell next season. As for Andrews, not seen much of him, but what I have seen I like. Definitely worth keeping hold of. He's raw and a bit hot headed, but I think he could develop into a decent player at L2 level.
horlickfanclub
Morrell has limitations which show up when he is the middle with one other. He could not compete with Coventry and I think overrated.