1-6 Time for GJ to consider retirement?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Ralph
Just watched on Ifollow. Damn. Last home game of the season and after the debacle of FGR, you would have thought they would have been up for it.
Stats guys, when was the last time we were done for 6 at home? I can't remember ever and I go back 30plus years
Robin
I'm not convinced it's all down to GJ but his job is likely on the line now as today the crowd turned for the first time(ignoring the small group of youngsters who have been calling for him to go for a few weeks). At least under GJ I am confident we will improve again next season a new manager is a big gamble which seems very likely at this moment.
Ralph
I think we should give him one more season but if there is no improvement after that, then i think it's time
Malabus
Ralph wrote:I think we should give him one more season but if there is no improvement after that, then i think it's time
That's what we said about Mark Yates. It wasn't fair on him or the supporters knowing that he took us as fair as he could.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk
Robin
I trust GJ far more than MY but I do sense a change of manager could happen after recent results and the crowd now turning on him.
Johnsons Red Army
JOHNSON IN!
Ralph
Robin wrote:I trust GJ far more than MY but I do sense a change of manager could happen after recent results and the crowd now turning on him.
Spotty 15 year olds that have no knowledge of our non league days..
Shade
What part of the crowd turned on GJ? I still only heard the 20 or so behind the goal and a few in the Colin Farmer shouted things like p!## off in that direction when it started.
Robin
It was a much larger group behind the goal than the normal crew.
Shade
I still believe, based on what I heard and saw today, that the majority are behind GJ still, or at least willing to see what happens over the summer.
Si Robin
The FGR game had me questioning how I felt about GJ staying, today convinced me we wouldn't be so bad without him.

I think it would suit all parties if he called time in the summer.
Robin
Getting rid of GJ is a big gamble and I believe we'd have to fire him as I don't see him stepping down.
art vandalay
In the second half of this season we've so far taken 21 points from 22 games, which is relegation form most seasons. Our home form has been absolutely shocking and the games have been pretty tedious - this is all that most people see and I fully expect it will hit season ticket sales. I'm extremely grateful to GJ for the magnificent job on winning the Conference but if there isn't a significant improvement by November I'd say it's time to wave goodbye.
everyman
Ralph wrote:
Robin wrote:I trust GJ far more than MY but I do sense a change of manager could happen after recent results and the crowd now turning on him.
Spotty 15 year olds that have no knowledge of our non league days..
You can go back to non league days then where you will be content to be a part of a group of doddering old codgers living in the past !
Rulistening
Si Robin wrote:The FGR game had me questioning how I felt about GJ staying, today convinced me we wouldn't be so bad without him.

I think it would suit all parties if he called time in the summer.
My exact thoughts also
drgm
I will forever be grateful for what Gary did but things have gone very stale and I can't see
how they are going to improve next season.

Despite the low expectations of some people on here we are not destined to be relegation fodder if he leaves.

We need a young hungry manage with a point to prove.
Ihearye
My only concern is that if indeed PB is going to step down, we may be best to avoid too much change> not a great reason I know, but there yoiu are
everyman
Ihearye wrote:My only concern is that if indeed PB is going to step down, we may be best to avoid too much change> not a great reason I know, but there yoiu are
I doubt that P.B.Will step down when he doesn`t believe there is a suitable person to take over.If he remains as chairman G.J.Will be the manager until he has to be sacked ?
Nesty
watching the Sky video of the game our players look apathetic
everyman
I think he should consider his family,health and self-respect ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
everyman wrote:I think he should consider his family,health and self-respect ?
Consider his family by continuing to earn a salary and self-respect by trying to do a good job?
horlickfanclub
Consider my family, health and pension (what pension?)