Realistic potential new managers

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Robin
Anyone care to share any realistic names? Grant McCann is the obvious one can't think of too many more other than Keith Curle.
Nesty
Yates
Shade
What's the point in even speculating? People would apply, interviews have to be had by law. Could be anyone. Not that GJ is going anywhere.
Robin
Nesty wrote:Yates
I hope that's a joke, might as well have Martin Allen back.
Shade
Don't talk c!#p Robin.
Robin
Martin Allen has done much better than Yates, end of argument.
I-Love-CTFC
Graham Alexander, Keith Curle, Steve Cotterill, Grant McCann, Uwe Rosler, John Sheridan.
Shade
Not at Cheltenham he hasn't.
Robin
I-Love-CTFC wrote:Graham Alexander, Keith Curle, Steve Cotterill, Grant McCann, Uwe Rosler, John Sheridan.
Thank you for a sensible response. Cotts would be the dream appointment. McCann, Sheridan or Curle all far more likely. Sheridan and Curle are both abbrassive and known for horrid football but will have teams with fight in them, I would imagine both of these would have us higher in the table but neither would get us promoted.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Luke Garrard.
Si Robin
McCann is the obvious choice as Robin says.

Sheridan wouldn't last long, he doesn't like being down South too long. Alexander is also a Northern boy.

Rosler would be interesting, but I can't think of anywhere he worked where he didn't have money, Cotterill will never manage Cheltenham again and Curle I think has a job in the pipeline, hence leaving Carlisle.

With Cheltenham links you've got Jerry Gill (seen some speaking very highly of him recently, allegedly doing well at Bath) and our own Aaron Downes could potentially make the step up.

From non-league, RCS has mentioned Luke Garrard, but I can't say I know anything of him. There might well be a number of others ready to make the step up.
Robin
I agree McCann hasn't done a lot but I can't see any more likely options right now other than possibly Curle who may fancy a move closer to his Bristol roots.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
G G T T H wrote:
Robin wrote:Anyone care to share any realistic names? Grant McCann is the obvious one can't think of too many more other than Keith Curle.
What has McCann done to deserve the job other than being a former player? I've said it before and I'll say it again
Decent enough job in L1.
everyman
Robin wrote:Anyone care to share any realistic names? Grant McCann is the obvious one can't think of too many more other than Keith Curle.
M.Duff is the only realistic candidate,young,ambitious,intelligent,very high standards on and off the pitch,has Ctfc.history and masses of experience of all; levels of the game.
No brainer for me !
Robin
Duff over McCann? Also Duffo has zero mgmt. experience.
ctfc-fan
And probably a fraction of the contacts of the Johnson brothers
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:And probably a fraction of the contacts of the Johnson brothers
Don’t mention the behind the scenes experience and knowledge, tends to make a few on here tetchy.
JasonFailor
Peter Beadle from Hereford could be worth looking at. He would be a bit of a gamble, though.
thetonga
ctfc-fan wrote:And probably a fraction of the contacts of the Johnson brothers
At Bristol City?!
asl
Gary Johnson gets my vote over all the names listed, so far.
everyman
One i don`t want back is Robert Gould,but i will always respect his decision to resign when he felt unable to do the job successfully.????????
bigdavejambo
who knows in a week or 2 time there may be managers available that people never even thought off e.g managers who feel they have taken clubs as far as they can and need a new challenge once this season ends.
everyman
bigdavejambo wrote:who knows in a week or 2 time there may be managers available that people never even thought off e.g managers who feel they have taken clubs as far as they can and need a new challenge once this season ends.
Here is one few will have heard of down here;Jack Ross St.Mirren manager .
bigdavejambo
everyman wrote:
bigdavejambo wrote:who knows in a week or 2 time there may be managers available that people never even thought off e.g managers who feel they have taken clubs as far as they can and need a new challenge once this season ends.
Here is one few will have heard of down here;Jack Ross St.Mirren manager .

He turned down Barnsley a few weeks ago so I very much doubt he will come
Shade
everyman wrote:
One i don`t want back is Robert Gould,but i will always respect his decision to resign when he felt unable to do the job successfully.????????
:lol: He resigned because he was hounded out :lol: