Winchester in demand

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

I-Love-CTFC
Forest Green, Oxford and Lincoln all interested: http://bit.ly/FGRWinchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
If FGR nab him the rivalry becomes serious. A modern day David Norton situation.
I-Love-CTFC
Wouldn't begrudge him a move to League 1, but if he went to Forest Green that would be a massive kick in the teeth.
Rulistening
Would be a huge loss. His contract really should have been sorted a long time ago and not chancing it until the end of the season, but i guess we don't know what goes on behind the scenes
drgm
I think the club have tried to sort his contract situation out. There has been an offer
o the table for some time but he clearly wants to move on. Some players are not
content to muddle along in the bottom third of league 2
Robin
I told you this a while back guys and I believe said player was willing to sign initially but wanted a pay rise, this is what I was told.
everyman
Robin wrote:I told you this a while back guys and I believe said player was willing to sign initially but wanted a pay rise, this is what I was told.
I believe Winchester is better than league 2 and with little sign of CTFC.Having the resources to achieve promotion in the near future,he is entitled to choose to play at that level.
vickeryc
Well, it's unlikely anyone on here knows the full story. What we do know is that Winchester is a good player - arguably better than L2 standard - and we were fortunate to get him here. I'm sure he's as frustrated as anyone that he's had to cover for a key injury (which he's done impeccably) and that we have under-achieved this season. I hope he stays, but as others have said, if other clubs have the resources to offer him more, there isn't much can we do about that.
Nesty
vickeryc wrote:Well, it's unlikely anyone on here knows the full story. What we do know is that Winchester is a good player - arguably better than L2 standard - and we were fortunate to get him here. I'm sure he's as frustrated as anyone that he's had to cover for a key injury (which he's done impeccably) and that we have under-achieved this season. I hope he stays, but as others have said, if other clubs have the resources to offer him more, there isn't much can we do about that.
he covered for a square peg, thus becoming one himself.
darreno
He is better than league 2 and has deserved his move up if he can secure it. He's helped us stay up twice now. To go to FGR would be a difficult pill to swallow but that's life and we've just got to get on with it.