Bid accepted

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
For Pell: http://bit.ly/BidAccepted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Any intel on the £?
horlickfanclub
A big loss. Who will head the ball out of our box? Certainly not defenders we have seen the Manager select. Harry was 100% and a big character . He will be hard to replace in the squad. I enjoyed watching him play.
Robin
Exactly he was a character and box to box player, selling him for a couple of hundred grand is a joke (if we even got that much).
Robin
So we accept £200k last Autumn and sell for 10% now, no chance, must surely be a six figure fee.
Rulistening
Will miss pell but based on performances he won't be hard to replace. Seems like his mind was elsewhere pretty much all season (although he has been played out of position nearly every single game)

Just hope we have accepted a respectable bid and not something stupid.
Benctfc
Probably the last player left the fans felt any connection too. I must admit the disconnect between fans and players is non existent at the moment and the squad we have left assuming Winchester leaves too is massively uninspiring its not going to help season ticket sales.
CTFC03
I'm gutted, whilst performances have been patchy he is still a quality player and I think we should keep him, he'll be a massive asset to Colchester, I wish him all the best, one of my favourite players of recent time.
art vandalay
Extremely disappointed. I appreciate he had a poor season but was mostly played out of position and I just think he is exactly the type of player that many fans identify with. I suppose his departure will open the door for yet another loan player.
Lord Elpuz
Massive personality, very decent footballer - but too often played out of position to accommodate lesser players - and he will remain one of our Champions and will not be forgotten. He will be a very big loss to the Team and to the Club, especially the Team, as he generates most of the dressing room fun and banter that is so important for team spirit. He always has time for the fans, even when he’s out doing the supermarket shopping with his family. I will definitely miss him because a very big part of the Team will have gone with his departure. But I thank him wholeheartedly for all he’s done and wish him well for the future. I just hope ‘Colchester’ haven’t got him on the cheap. I also hope that when he makes his return to Whaddon Road in the future, he is well received by our fans, as he deserves that.
Nesty
We are in danger of losing arguably our best two central midfield players. Maybe the stattoes will tell us how many games they actually played there together!. Something is wrong at the club when your best players want out
Nesty
Ben2 wrote:And to add to the controversy - Winnie can get lost too. If he doesn't want to play here that's fine. He's been a good midfielder and an average full back. If he thinks he's going to play at a higher level good luck to him. He was a disgrace v Forest Green and Coventry. Unforgivable and Gary will have noted this
Would you give your best at work if you had been overlooked for a pay rise?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:So we accept £200k last Autumn and sell for 10% now, no chance, must surely be a six figure fee.
Every chance. Judge each decision on its merits. Is it the right time to move on one of our highest earners who is underachieving? Is it bad value to have one of our more expensive on the bench behind Nige? Getting £20k and freeing up his wage probably means we can two cheaper players; one to replace Pell in the middle and one to replace the role he played out wide. Good business and allows the squad to grow and be more balanced.

Transfer fees are determined in part by how much the selling club need the player. We don’t need Pell and can improve the squad without him so £20k is sufficient. Mo is irreplaceable so no fee apart from silly money would be adequate. It doesn’t mean Mo is ten or twenty times better than Pell, it is about how important the pieces are in the puzzle.
Johnsons Red Army
Good luck Pelly!
Old Coventrian
Sorry to see him go but its probably the right move for both of us. Form has dropped off since the New Year (same as last season) and GJ seems determined to play him out of position (as he does Winnie).
drgm
.and who can blame him for going? Continually played out of position. We will probably discover that finding
someone with the same impact both in the dressing room and on the pitch to be impossible given our budget.
Pell is probably irreplaceable in those terms. Sure, not one of his best seasons but he's still scored 6 goals!

If we can't hang on to players like Pell and Winchester we are in deep poo. Where's this 'nucleus of a promotion winning
team' we keep hearing about? Can't believe some are happy to see him go! There are some clueless people on here
that's for sure.
CTFC03
Madness that people want him gone, a class act on his day and one of our better players when used correctly.
Robin
drgm wrote:.and who can blame him for going? Continually played out of position. We will probably discover that finding
someone with the same impact both in the dressing room and on the pitch to be impossible given our budget.
Pell is probably irreplaceable in those terms. Sure, not one of his best seasons but he's still scored 6 goals!

If we can't hang on to players like Pell and Winchester we are in deep poo. Where's this 'nucleus of a promotion winning
team' we keep hearing about? Can't believe some are happy to see him go! There are some clueless people on here
that's for sure.

I agree with this totally.
Del Boy
I keep reading how we have the nucleus of a team capable of pushing for the play offs in this great Johnson rebuild.
If Winchester and Eisa follow Pell then I'm afraid we'll do well to stay up next season. These sorts of players are not easily replaced.
plymrob
I got the impression on here that his performances this season had been rated more poor than bad...? I like him, I like his commitment, and he is a big plus with his interviews. I too wish him well.

But, the good news is "....the disconnect between fans and players is non existent at the moment." I agree.