Well done Paul Baker

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Duly re-elected to your council seat.

I know my step-Dad was impressed with the three visits you paid to his street / house during the last few months campaigning, which no other candidate did. Glad to see those hours pounding the streets pay off.
horlickfanclub
What has this got to do with football ? Apart from the club lacking leadership and direction it has no place on this board.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:What has this got to do with football ? Apart from the club lacking leadership and direction it has no place on this board.
Paul Baker is Cheltenham Town FC Chairman. Hard to get much more related and relevant to Cheltenham Town FC.

I seem to recall you mentioning Gary’s health for example, also a non-football issue related to the Club.
joes dad
Gary's health effects his Managerial performance, Paul Bakers politics don't.

Mods move this thread
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
joes dad wrote:Gary's health effects his Managerial performance, Paul Bakers politics don't.

Mods move this thread
So previous attempts to get Council loans for CTFC, and any future planning decisions for a new stand etc not important? Not saying PB is at fault but inevitable that some business decisions for the Club will be in conflict with what is best for the town or local area and there politics plays a key role. I fully trust PB to avoid any conflict of interest and keep his two hats separate but others will make their own accusations I am sure, and of course the Cheltenham Standard will continue its agenda against CTFC to undermine PB, their political rival.
Malabus
Snowflake, anti Brexit political party has no place on a public Cheltenham Town FC message board.
Johnsons Red Army
Malabus wrote:Snowflake, anti Brexit political party has no place on a public Cheltenham Town FC message board.
RIP UKIP :lol:
joes dad
UKIP was a means to an end, job done
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
joes dad wrote:Gary's health effects his Managerial performance, Paul Bakers politics don't.

Mods move this thread
“But now I want to channel my energy and time into other things. My re-election (to Cheltenham Borough Council) last Thursday gives me an opportunity to take a more responsible role on the council, something I could not consider if I continued as Chairman or director.”

QED.
horlickfanclub
Council leader.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Council leader.
And MP candidate in 2022, now that Horwood has gone back into the Council?
Red Duke
Maybe more of a chance of the Cakebridge land swop as there is no longer a conflict of interest.