Paul Baker steps down

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Details here: http://bit.ly/BakerStepsDown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Thanks for everything Paul but it's probably the right time.
Rulistening
Not surprising as he's hinted at this for a while, but thank you Paul for everything you've done for the club. Going to be a big "void" to fill
cliffy90
Thank you for everything, Paul. CTFC fans will be forever grateful for what you've done for the club. Best wishes in all your other endeavours.
Lord Elpuz
Paul Baker gave Gloucestershire and the people of Cheltenham their first professional Football Club in the Football League. He has dedicated the last twenty years of his life to providing professional football on our doorstep and at much personal cost to himself. We have been extremely fortunate to have had this true gentleman as Chairman of the Club we all love and support.

We should not insult this great man by naming a stand after him. He deserves far more than that - the Stadium should be called “The Paul Baker Stadium”, so we could therefore have “LCI Rail - proud sponsors of The Paul Baker Stadium”. He should also be given the Freedom of the Town of Cheltenham for his unrivalled and long standing dedication to professional sport in the Town.

Thank you Paul, for providing my enjoyment and entertainment from Summer through to early Spring each year for all of the last 20 years. You have been incredible.
leohoenig
Trust statement on the news - paying tribute to Paul Baker's contribution
http://robinstrust.org/the-robins-trust ... aul-baker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ralph
Massive shoes to fill. Thank you Paul for all the years of being there
Ihearye
Any time I have crossed paths either socially or CTFC, always nothing but a gentleman. Thank you and enjoy your life
shevates
Cant say enough about the man, without him we would be extinct and thats the truth. Thanks Paul for what you done for our club
little mo
Thanks for all you have done Mr Baker, what a 20 years it has been. Thinking back over that time you must be very proud of what you have overseen. :D
Mike1953
I agree with much written here by correspondents and add my thanks and best wishes to Paul.
Lord Elpuz makes a strong point about the Club and Town honouring this fine Gentleman.
ctfc-fan
Massive shoes to fill, not only for the time and money he’s put into the club but the digs he’s helped the players out with, that’s going to be a huge loss.

Thanks Paul!