Manny Duku

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Interview here after his first appearance for Cheltenham Town: http://bit.ly/DukuDebut" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Seems a really likeable grounded guy.
Lord Elpuz
What an extremely interesting debut from this young man. He did not look out of place amongst established full-time professional footballers. He looked quick, agile, alert, strong, confident and the number of headed flick-ons that he won made him look very at ease in the air.

I’m going to stick my neck out here ...

Everyone will be hoping that we have found the new Mo. I don’t think Manny Duku is the new Mo, I think he is the first Manny Duku, a really exciting prospect and on his shoulders the first half of Cheltenham’s season could well depend. But he certainly looks up for the challenge and no doubt he will quickly benefit from the full-time training and games at Football League level.

I was very excited when I first saw Mo play, it was against Bishops Cleeve in a pre-season friendly when he bagged a hat-trick in the first half. Even though that was against non-League opponents, we could see his movement and confidence was there in abundance and he could finish. Boy, could he finish. I always felt Mo was the League 2 version of Marcus Rashford in his style of play.

Manny Duku is not the same kind of player. But I saw enough of him against Walsall to be as impressed and excited as when I first saw Mo. But for a miscued penalty, Duku should have been on that scoresheet and he so deserved a goal. To make that sort of debut against League 1 opponents gives me real belief that Pete Johnson has uncovered another jewel. No, Manny Duku is not going to be League 2’s answer to Marcus Rashford, instead I see something of the Didier Drogba about his style of play and I feel sure he is going to make a big impact for us.

Time will tell, but I am really looking forward to this new season and in particular watching how Manny Duku develops.
Robin
Yes fully agree he won tons of headers, worked really hard and scared the Walsall defenders throughout. His finishing needs to be seen but he looks a good replacement for Wright and hopefully able to influence games for us and create chances for the rest of the team.
Shade
Given he scored 39 goals last season his finishing must be pretty decent. Other than the pen, did he have any chances?
CS85
His touch impressed me the most,a few times his first touch with back to goal was brilliant and gave him a half yard space instantly.i believe one of them led to the penalty.
longmover
Surely got to have the nickname 'Count', unless I have the pronunciation incorrect.
Shade
:lol: I enquired the same thing when he signed but I don't know if anyone knows the pronounciation yet.